As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yee-haw! My name is [Nintendo]! This is my horse, [Nintendo]! That's right-same name!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Huh, this is interesting. A (now-removed) Chinese version of the Origami King trailer showed the archologist Toad (I'm gonna call him "Dus T." until we learn more) with Mario in the battle scene. Not a confirmation of partners in battle, but it's an interesting difference that might mean that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0tWmvbAVe4

Seeing it in slow-motion made me realise that those Boos look super creepy when they get hit.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

If you’ve got a buck fifty, I can EASILY recommend this game.

Very “Chrono Trigger but in space” art feel, turn based combat. A nice rpg.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hey thread I'm back

this game rules holy shit

sig.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Robobot is probably my favorite of the New Wave of Kirby games that stemmed from Return to Dreamland.

• Options
    The second most recent Kirby I've played is Dream Land 3 and this just

it has Waddle Dee cars that stop at stoplights and you can wreck them with your Kirby mech and also giant ice cream cones and topple from the background later on

it's a fucking delight

sig.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Robobot is my favorite Kirby game, full stop, and I'm very happy that you're enjoying it.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I like it when characters have names and distinct features

While they don't necessarily need these things to have well written dialogue and be interesting, I think having names and unique visual features is a good indicator to the player that the character has these things, and that the devs actually spent time crafting them. It also helps the player remember them - part of the issue with the color splash toads is that even if some of them did say interesting things, it's almost impossible to remember who they are or where they were.

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Robobot is probabaly the best Modern kirby.

Id like it if they took the mechanics from it and triple deluxe and made a switch game.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh hey whoops looks like I just ordered Mario Rabbids Kingdom Gold haha

time for Luigi to get his

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Oh hey whoops looks like I just ordered Mario Rabbids Kingdom Gold haha

time for Luigi to get his

I bought it on sale and got the DK dlc.

Its weird and I feel like there should be more characters than what you get. No Diddy or Dixie or the animal buddies like Rambi

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Robobot is so fucking good

• Options
    I think the Gold version includes the DK DLC. It was 25 bucks, which is fine, I wanted to check it out anyway, and most other Switch games are still a bit overpriced due to quarantine demand.

And I need a break from getting my shit fucked up by Lynels goddamnit

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I think the Gold version includes the DK DLC. It was 25 bucks, which is fine, I wanted to check it out anyway, and most other Switch games are still a bit overpriced due to quarantine demand.

Mario + Rabbids is a better XCOM than XCOM. I loved that game so much (DK DLC is quite good too, but don't touch it until after the main game because it does not mess around difficulty wise)

I hope we get some kind of sequel to it someday but who knows with Ubisoft & the title's sales.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

The copies of FE# smt Lady Layton and Fire emblem 3 houses the basic game are 10 to 12 bucks cheaper at work for the physical disc. I am tempted to get them but there is a problem I usually buy my stuff during my lunch hour so I can sail hour the door and avoid the chaos of customers
    Getting the games either I have to play the game of who has the keys at lunch or since the people in the morning take their sweet time getting ready {often opening up electronics 30 to 40 minutes after the store reopens} Or I could ride down on my bike get them and various other items I do mean to get but I still have to deal with the circus of customers

• Options
    Shovel Knight challenge run update. I finished my King of Cards minimum-jumps challenge. Grand total of jumps at the end? 9. And all of them in the first kingdom of the game, before getting the Battery Brigandine or Bubble Frog. That was a really fun challenge, such that I went and did all the levels and bosses I could, minus Cardia. Amusingly, the grand total is enough for that Jump Economy feat across the entire game.

Maybe give the challenge a try yourself, if you like King of Cards; it's a fun challenge to try with King Knight's already-satisfying aerial movement.

• Options
    Planet Robobot plays one trick over and over again, facing you with big obstacles that send you flying into the screen for the first half of the level, then giving you a robobot to smash those to bits for the rest of the level

and it lands every fucking time, fuck you pool balls, get wrecked big logs

sig.gif
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So the Zelda speedrunning community has figured out how to consistently beat the battleship minigame in Wind Waker.

They put out a video that is pretty cool if you feel like spending 25 mins listening to people talk about RNG and probability curves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hs451PfFzQ

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So the Zelda speedrunning community has figured out how to consistently beat the battleship minigame in Wind Waker.

They put out a video that is pretty cool if you feel like spending 25 mins listening to people talk about RNG and probability curves.
    That was extremely interesting, and very well-explained (given how non-trivial the subject matter is).

I bet someone at NSA is high-fiving themselves for writing a tool that was used to make a speedrun more consistent.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Uh, sorry to say but for anybody that didn’t buy it yet...

Perrsun on
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Let us all take a moment to thank el_vicio for their noble sacrifice

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I need something that tells me what the menu options in Panel de Pon are.

1P, 2P and VS are obvious and the bottom two options on the main menu appear to be tutorial and combo demonstrations. But that still leaves 4 different single player modes that I don't know the difference of.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. In order, the 1P options are:
    • Play until you top out
    • Time Attack
    • Level based thing, clear a set amount
    • Puzzle mode: clear specific boards in a set number of moves
    • VS CPU. Story mode? I can't read Japanese, but the characters are talking.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Haha it was that cheap on the eshop before, no worries. I just, for some weird reason, prefer to have a cartridge. I'm just wired that way!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Jesus Christ Planet Robobot goes places at the end

This game had no plot or setpieces and then the final boss happened

sig.gif
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    planet robobot fucking rules

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kirby learned about colonialism and capitalism and then became Star Fox and then became Mortal Kombat and then became Titanfall 2

sig.gif
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Kirby will literally eat the rich.

• Options
    Well

Kirby will eat the stars produced when the rich hit the ground, then spit the stars back at the rich

sig.gif
  • Options
    And as always, the bonus modes add more, questionably canon, plot to the bosses.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    H0b0man wrote: »

That was extremely interesting, and very well-explained (given how non-trivial the subject matter is).

I bet someone at NSA is high-fiving themselves for writing a tool that was used to make a speedrun more consistent.

Yeah, this was a pretty good watch.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    The recent Kirby games going big into the Deep Lore is one of my favorite directions the franchise has taken.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    To clarify: don't forget to pause the game every time you meet a new boss (including revisions and major secondary phases). The page that normally describes your current power will be replaced with a blurb about the boss. The True Arena versions typically go into some dark headspaces.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    The recent Kirby games going big into the Deep Lore is one of my favorite directions the franchise has taken.

That moment at the end of Star Allies when you enter Void Termina
    and the core shifts between Dark Matter's face, Gooey's face, and... Kirby's face

whaaaaaaat

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    maxresdefault.jpg

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Y-you can't put new bosses at the end of an attrition-based boss rush, that's not allowed, I'll tell

sig.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I think a boss rush is the best place to put a secret boss

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    I think a boss rush is the best place to put a secret boss

HAL agrees with you.

sig.gif
  • Options