As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

let's litigate "Videogames" versus "Video Games" again

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Video Games
    It's a game pak that you put into the control deck

Turn on the power and brother

That's gaming

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Um actually its Video-Games with a hyphen.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Videogames
    Where's the nintendo option?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    It's actually Videogames' Monster

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Video Games
    compound phrases in English that become common or idiomatic tend to follow the path of "two words with space -> two words with hyphen -> one word"

it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but usually when a phrase remains as two words or a hyphenate it's because they're overly long or the letter combination is weird (e.g. double vowels) or it's a non-noun part of speech

in other words, if it's not videogames now it will be eventually motherfuckers, give in to inevitability

This will be the thing that drives me apart from the younger generations. Their strange music and their refusal to put the space in between the two words.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    compound phrases in English that become common or idiomatic tend to follow the path of "two words with space -> two words with hyphen -> one word"

it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but usually when a phrase remains as two words or a hyphenate it's because they're overly long or the letter combination is weird (e.g. double vowels) or it's a non-noun part of speech

in other words, if it's not videogames now it will be eventually motherfuckers, give in to inevitability

This will be the thing that drives me apart from the younger generations. Their strange music and their refusal to put the space in between the two words.

Thiswill bethe thingthat drivesme apartfrom theyounger generations.Their strangemusic andtheir refusalto putthe spacein betweenthe twowords.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Twowords

Whoneedsspacesanyways?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Twowords

Whoneedsspacesanyways?

me

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit, I edited my post after y'all quoted me

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Video Games
    I don't play video games, I perform video feats.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    what is a video game, is that how the kids say vidyagormz these days?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Videogames
    It will always be videogames in my mind. Anyone who disagrees can fight me in single combat. Loser dies. Winner gets to continue to use the term of their preference.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Video Games
    never

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Videogames
    Videogames.
    Video games.
    Huh, autocorrect likes both just fine.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Video Games
    Hank Hill taught me its vidjeo-games.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Video Games
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Hank Hill taught me its vidjeo-games.

Does he look like he knows what a jpeg is though?

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
  • Options
    have the rolling stones killed

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    this argument is like hot dog sandwich but with somehow even lower stakes

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Thiswill bethe thingthat drivesme apartfrom theyounger generations.Their strangemusic andtheir refusalto putthe spacein betweenthe twowords.

This willbe the thing that drives me apart from the youngergenerations. Their strangemusic and their refusal to put the space inbetween the twowords.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    in retrospect it's not strange i can see it both ways

i usually go both ways on everything

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    My high school math teacher called them "no-friend-o"

That was really great for my self esteem, I tell ya what.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Videogames
    I prefer videogames or videogaymes

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    have the rolling stones killed

I'm not sure if this is a command or a questions, but yes.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Enjoyment derived out of magic bullshit math

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    4chan says it's "vidya", so that's probably where it's going to end up.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Video Games
    Ah yes, 4chan, the bastion of truth

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Have the Rolling Stones kill 4chan

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Videogames
    4chan is the apex of gamer culture

being existentially horrifying doesn't make it any less true

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Video Games
    When I was... a young boy... I was so disappointed by the label of "gaming" on places with slot machines. "Gambling machines are not gaming!" young me protested. Boy, did video games prove me wrong.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Video Games
    "Video Games" is what's written on electronic gaming's birthing certificate, but to their close friends, they go by "vidyah".

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Video Games
    So much wrong

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Video Games
    I miss the old radio games. It's why kids these days have no imagination.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    video games killed the radio games star

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    los juegos de video

what a mysterious jogo

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    In 2021 we will retire the term "video game". We will only refer to them as "Bubsys" after the only remaining legal video game, Bubsy.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hideo Games

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Maybe forums are bad.

sig.gif