As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for musician with Synthesia (program) or similar

Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
edited May 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a small project that requires the services of a musician with the full version of Synthesia and experience using it. I myself have none of these things; in fact, to my occasional chagrin, I can't even read music. (All of my limited, long-ago experience with making music was in percussion - drum and bass - and all I learned was to play a few songs mostly by rote.)

I have a short bit of "stock" music that I would like to have "broken down" into MIDI and then made into a video with Synth, purely for personal private use. (While I know little about music, I do like to see it visualized.) The track/melody is, at least to my novice's ear, not very complicated; it's my hope/guess that someone who actually knows what they're doing and doesn't have to start from scratch, as I would, might be able to do this in an afternoon or two.

I have no plans to (re)publish this track, share it, put it up on YouTube etc etc or break anyone's copyright. I just have an urge/desire to (literally) see this song in a format that's visually appealing and, perhaps, a little easier to understand what's going on in it. Thanks in advance.

Commander Zoom on

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Doesn’t windows media player have a visualization display for music?

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Enc wrote: »
    Doesn’t windows media player have a visualization display for music?

Yep. So does my llama-whippin' old favorite (several, in fact). But in its present format, that'll show me a waveform. I'd like to see discrete notes (and the duration of), and possibly instruments. I lack the ability to translate/transform the former into the latter.

For anyone dropping into this thread who's unfamiliar with Synthesia, here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RDkHP4PWIo

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Wait, are you looking for someone with Synesthesia or Synthesia? Because these are two completely separate programs. Synesthesia is a music visualizer with cool 3D rendered effects for DJs/VJs. Synthesia is a keyboard learning program, like what you posted in your YouTube video.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    ... motherf
    Thanks. Fixing.

(I blame google.)

Commander Zoom on