As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stay inside and read [Webcomics]

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    It's fine

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

thwomp was not prepared to deal with this emotional scene.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    for all of highschool i used soap instead of shaving cream

not for any real reason, just cause i was told once that you could use soap

hot water (and steam from a shower) is supposed to be good for opening up pores and whatever, and then cold water closes them up a bit.

• Options
    I wet shaved because shaving cream was expensive I still wet shave

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Wow, things are busy in today's Sleepless Domain

Edit: Get outta here you!

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I don't understand Faye's implied attitude in the latest QC.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Assuming that an unofficial team o' five will form...

Cut Girl actually rounds up the color scheme well as the fifth with Undine, Heart Punch, Flowereye, and Rue.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I don't think you're meant to yet. Its foreshadowing... something. I hope it's not her alcoholism rearing its ugly head but thats the obvious answer.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    In today's Dumbing of Age, Joyce is running out of reasons not to be callously murdered

mrpaku on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    wu4md8yy31gc.png
    Dumbing of Age

The last two panels sum this up nicely. Blaine's running through his last delusional options that he can walk away.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    d1sx2ptt6gh6.png
    Questionable Content

Possibly she's upset by thinking about the missing memories of her girlfriend, followed by wondering if the re-writing of her brain is the only reason she likes her? After yesterday, that's where I went.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Does splashing on cold water afterwards actually do anything other than make me think it feels better, and what's the deal with cross shaving causing ingrown hairs
    what are the physics of shaving razors and shaving cream and water, what does the cream actually do, I've never thought about it much. Lubrication so the blade doesn't get stuck on skin and cause cuts, I guess?

Imagine a huge blade sliding over the ground like a big ol scoop, slicing trees down as close to the earth as possible. The earth is also going to get plowed up a bit, so lubrication (be it moisturising lotion, shaving scream, etc) let's it run smoother over the earth while the trees poke up enough to still get cut.

That's also where hot water comes in- it opens up your pores and pushes the root that bit further toward the surface, meaning you cut closer to the base. Then, when you cool your skin down those pores contract, pulling the root inward to hide whatever you didn't get.

Ingrown hairs come about when that big tree-chopping blade hits a hair at the wrong angle, pushing the root against the grain which means that when it grows back it'll start hitting the 'sides' of the pore and won't clear the skin. Dumb root will keep on growing, pushing a hair into the skin and curling around like a rabbit's overgrown tooth.

(disclaimer: I'm not a dermatologist so take all this with a pinch of salt (disclaimer: do not salt your face when shaving, i think it'd be bad?))

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    klemming wrote: »
    d1sx2ptt6gh6.png
    Questionable Content

Possibly she's upset by thinking about the missing memories of her girlfriend, followed by wondering if the re-writing of her brain is the only reason she likes her? After yesterday, that's where I went.

The assumption/direction taken on their forums seems to be more like "and if that happened again, everything we are and have been to each other would just be gone... I'd be a stranger to you. And then you would be gone, out of my life, just like my Dad."

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
  • Options
    qebdifi753s2.jpg
    Darths & Droids

I hope this ends with all the player characters being on the evil side.

• Options
    01e104xrclf5.png
    xkcd

Does programming code fall under freedom of speech?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Most of it does, at least in the US! Some of it, like strong crypto, is regulated for export as munitions. And while code itself tends to be treated as speech under the first amendment, you can still get arrested if you do illegal stuff with it.

So while it's illegal to use malware to gain control of someone else's computer without their permission, it's typically legal to post malware on the internet where other people can download it. Free speech!

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Wheres that code example where they used
    emojiis?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Due to time shenanigans, some recent pages of A Better Place disappeared. So if you weren't following real-time, you will now NOT get to see
    Hannah killing Nina and Theo almost killing Hannah.

Mayday on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Due to time shenanigans, some recent pages of A Better Place disappeared. So if you weren't following real-time, you will now NOT get to see Hannah killing Nina and Theo almost killing Hannah.

Man, that rules. That's not a comic I follow, but having your time shenanigans affect your actual archive is some next-level shit.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Due to time shenanigans, some recent pages of A Better Place disappeared. So if you weren't following real-time, you will now NOT get to see Hannah killing Nina and Theo almost killing Hannah.

Man, that rules. That's not a comic I follow, but having your time shenanigans affect your actual archive is some next-level shit.

I did not realize you were a fan of Homestuck, Jedoc.
    For serious response, let's see what, if anything, Hannah learns from this experiment.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

This is gonna be confusing as hell for anyone reading the comic for the first time after it finishes. Without context, the transition between what is now the two most recent pages in the archive makes no sense.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

This is gonna be confusing as hell for anyone reading the comic for the first time after it finishes. Without context, the transition between what is now the two most recent pages in the archive makes no sense.

This is me. So it's cool that not only have I missed out on stuff, but also there are seemingly huge spoilers right here too :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

This is me. So it's cool that not only have I missed out on stuff, but also there are seemingly huge spoilers right here too :(

I totally do not understand internet cookies, but what if it can be used to determine whether you'll seen the pre-revision comic or not? It'd be cool if it can be implemented as intended, but I'm sure there are complications to it (same user + different PCs / different user + same PC)

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I don't understand what happened, pages got deleted? What's preventing them from going back up?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't understand what happened, pages got deleted? What's preventing them from going back up?

It sounds like, according to all the unmarked spoilers, that they were intentionally removed as a meta-change since time travel shenanigans were introduced and those actions no longer happened.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

hell yes

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.