As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Movie] Thread where we STAY ALIVE

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I dont remember Minority Report well but I do remember Tom Cruise chasing after an eyeball as it bounces away on the floor and I don't think an eyeball would bounce very good no better than a peeled grape anyway

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I dont remember Minority Report well but I do remember Tom Cruise chasing after an eyeball as it bounces away on the floor and I don't think an eyeball would bounce very good no better than a peeled grape anyway

Depends on the eyeball, Dogfish eyes have a solid ball in the center that might as well have come out of a bouncy ball vending machine for how much it bounced. As found out by some kids back in my highschool biology class.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    How do you make that movie and not call it Titty Spaceships

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

It's like a 5 second scene in the middle of a kind of down period in the movie. It felt like they needed to add tension to that scene for no reason and it ends up coming across as kind of slapstick. If they left it out then no one would have missed it.

Having only watched it for the first time a few weeks ago, it sure was a Tom Cruise running around kinda movie.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

really missed the mark by not going with Butthole Barely Obscured by a Space Cross

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Aw shit, what's going to happen with The Green Knight?

Eh, it's not like it could possibly be as good as the other movie about a knight, with an 89% liked rating on Google:

Black_knight_ver2.jpg

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

That would be a bit gauche for a project involving Carpenter Brut, known for more classy titles like 'Sexkiller on the Loose'.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »

That would be a bit gauche for a project involving Carpenter Brut, known for more classy titles like 'Sexkiller on the Loose'.

I'm surprised you mentioned that one and not "L.A. Venice B____ 80's"

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

It's like a 5 second scene in the middle of a kind of down period in the movie. It felt like they needed to add tension to that scene for no reason and it ends up coming across as kind of slapstick. If they left it out then no one would have missed it.

Having only watched it for the first time a few weeks ago, it sure was a Tom Cruise running around kinda movie.

the whole premise for that sequence was dumb anyway. He wants to use his old official retinas to pass police station security? Once he became a suspect/fugitive, how would his official retinas still have any clearance level? Basically every scanner in the city was already set up to automatically call the cops when it scanned him, why wouldn't that be the case at THE POLICE STATION

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The security practices of major corporations or law enforcement being a joke is probably the most future proof part of that movie.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Grislo wrote: »

I'm surprised you mentioned that one and not "L.A. Venice B____ 80's"

I'd forgotten that one (which is pretty good!) - I'm more of a Pertubator fan.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »

the whole premise for that sequence was dumb anyway. He wants to use his old official retinas to pass police station security? Once he became a suspect/fugitive, how would his official retinas still have any clearance level? Basically every scanner in the city was already set up to automatically call the cops when it scanned him, why wouldn't that be the case at THE POLICE STATION

As an information security professional

I have bad news about the realism of this sequence.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    The security practices of major corporations or law enforcement being a joke is probably the most future proof part of that movie.

that and the marketing industry tracking your every move and purchasing habits

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Crippl3 on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Fortnite is bigger than God.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    *Jesus will remember that.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Not even God can sink Fortnite.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I'm just imagining Nolan, Crown Defender of Cinema, just physically melting at this.

Or maybe he's actually an enthusiastic Ninja sub, who knows.

• Options
    Can God make a Battle Royale so Royale that he can't Royale it?

• Options
    chris play the whole movie on Fortnite

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Actually Tenet ends with all the characters flossing

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    New trailer for Antebellum rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrzZ18K_3k

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I’ve been on something of a Jean Arthur marathon. So far I’ve seen Only Angels Have Wings (twice), Mr Deeds Goes to Town, The Whole Town’s Talking, You Can’t Take it With You, and The Devil and Miss Jones. Only Angels Have Wings is unbelievably good and everyone should watch it, but the others are harder to recommend unless you have a huge crush on Jean Arthur (which I certainly do). A lot of seemingly well intentioned but naive and misguided new deal era politics (if only the sociopaths that exploit the entire planet could get to know us workers, they’d surely see the error of their ways!) but it’s pretty cool to see movies at least sort of championing the working class and taking on the rich.

The smooch in Mr Deeds Goes to Town between Gary Cooper and Arthur is an absolute all-timer though. A+ 10/10 smooch.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pk_TBkihU
    there's no date anymore, so maybe those idiots have finally seen reason

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    i will probably like that movie

but

that is the most default nolan trailer. like if you had to grow a nolan trailer in a lab you succeeded.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    pictured: Christopher Nolan learning that one of his iconic films is being brought to Fortnite this summer for a full length free screening for fans

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    i will probably like that movie

but

that is the most default nolan trailer. like if you had to grow a nolan trailer in a lab you succeeded.

I haven't done a full inventory but I think I'm perfectly poised at a 50/50 opinion on Nolan movies, so I'm going to go in optimistic and blind and see how it pans out.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Gustav wrote: »
    chris play the whole movie on Fortnite

fair enough

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    pictured: Christopher Nolan learning that one of his iconic films is being brought to Fortnite this summer for a full length free screening for fans

I was gonna say it's Dark Knight Rises but then they did specify "iconic film"

• Options
    Christopher Nolan is thinking ahead, so kids now that were too young to see Dark Knight on release will put a Tenet poster on their dorm wall instead

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just cannot fathom why you'd want to watch a movie within Fortnite

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am still refusing to find out what Fortnite is.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just cannot fathom why you'd want to watch a movie within Fortnite

• Options
    But I have this video essay you could watch
    https://youtu.be/dPHPNgIihR0
    Don't you love video essays?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Anyway I'm hoping Nolan is letting Branagh dive deep into that Russian-accented ham

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Put inception in fortnite but keep having inceptiony things happen around you while you're trying to watch the movie.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pk_TBkihU
    there's no date anymore, so maybe those idiots have finally seen reason

The July date is in the description, so not so fast.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

I was gonna say it's Dark Knight Rises but then they did specify "iconic film"

It'll probably be Dark Knight / Rises because they already have Batman and Catwoman skins in the game

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm listening to the Blood Machines soundtrack.

I am absolutely going to watch this movie this weekend. I'm a complete sucker for synthwave+organs

This discussion has been closed.