As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Damnit forgot to cancel Stadia trial. Curse you Google and your ill-gotten gains!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Damnit forgot to cancel Stadia trial. Curse you Google and your ill-gotten gains!

Huh mine was a 2-month trial for some reason. Still canceled.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I haven't played at all this season. If I jump on tonight and go talk to Ana Bray can I pick up the Felwinter's Lie quest or will I need to grind some stuff before it unlocks?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    You can go pick it up.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I did it, I finally broke down all 335 fizzled Eververse bounty notes in my inventory, I am a hero.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I’d genuinely love to know how this bug managed to not only slip through, but then be initially hard to reproduce.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    I’d genuinely love to know how this bug managed to not only slip through, but then be initially hard to reproduce.

They go together most likely. If it was easy to reproduce it probably would have been caught.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Catalase wrote: »

They go together most likely. If it was easy to reproduce it probably would have been caught.
    Yeah but I mean...it's not like it requires specific circumstances or anything the way many bugs do. It's 100% of cases. So is their internal test setup straight up not a good or accurate representative of the live environment? Because that would explain a hell of a lot. And doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    my guess would be that it's something to do with online load times, and that they probably don't try very hard to reproduce real world conditions or test edge cases for stuff like basic quest chain progression and mission loading because they just assume it works

until, whoops, it doesn't

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    They probably pressed “Skip” for the 1000 shotgun kills during testing and didnt get hit by the bug.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    62469d9d-25c4-4eb9-91e9-27702e0db454.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=sNmxpJTIZi4tMZZz6z4p5jgt2JNAOajACK7xqqilap0%3D

Oh yes.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Isn't Broodhold not available yet?

• Options
    Isn't Broodhold not available yet?

All 6 are up now.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Well shit guess I got some Conquering to do this week. That is a good change.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So I had a thought about how The Lie will end because there has to be more then 'enter bunker, find shotgun' (at least I hope). It ties in to this one lore-piece here and what I think 'The Lie' could really mean (spoilers from The Liar lore-book and The Lie in box). Warning, I do get a bit wordy here:
    Let's recap what we know thanks to the quest and yet-released lore-book.

Lord Felwinter of the Iron Lords had a secret. A secret he didn't even know about as a Lightbringer until he went rooting around in Rasputin's Earth bunkers. That secret being that he's at the very least a repository of knowledge normally meant for Warminds like Rasputin, released into the wild under a protocol called SIDDHARTHA GOLEM. It's not clear why though a lore-video covering The Liar suggests that perhaps Rasputin was using the Exo as a way to test his own morals. That doesn't quite matter. What does is that there's a lot of stuff in Felwinter's skull that Rasputin didn't want blundering about and presumably into the wrong hands. Eventually he discovered that Felwinter was trying to find SIVA to rebuild society and thus let him have the info in order to lure him into a trap and finally take him out. Then we as the Young Wolf take him out again when SIVA uses his body and two other Iron Lords' to fight us. Body dropped, SIVA-Nest self-destructs. That's it. Or is it?

Rasputin spent years if not decades or even a century or two to get Felwinter killed. Rasputin can program SIVA. Rasputin as we discovered this season also has his own Frames to act as his hands. Did we REALLY kill Felwinter? Or better yet, did we kill ALL of him? The Young Wolf had to leg it out of the SIVA-Nest quick. A place that belongs to Rasputin. He could have easily quick-burst a message to SIVA to shield Felwinter as the place was going up and/or sent Frames in afterward to confirm that Felwinter's fully dead, especially when Warmind happens and he properly wakes up on Mars. It's not like he tells Ana everything. Let's say Felwinter's head survived the explosion somehow. Rasputin needs to put it in a place where Guardians aren't treading much and oh look, he has a bunker on the Moon, a place that's been quiet Guardian-wise after the events of Oryx's intrusion into the system. Now this stays quiet until the events of the Almighty drop. Spending time with Ana, making some sort of peace with Zavala and the news of the Darkness being now in-system has brought Rasputin to the conclusion that he might wanna come clean with Felwinter's body. So after finding the best Guardian(s) at the moment and letting them discover some of the truth outside of Felwinter's Peak, he lets them into the secret hidey-hole in the Moon Bunker so they can see Felwinter for themselves and maybe decide what to do with all the secrets within.

And that's where the second trap is sprung and the ultimate meaning of The Lie is revealed.

Remember the lore-entry I linked above? One Sister left of the originally-thought-three behind the Sundial plot. To seek revenge for them when said plot is finally undone by the hated Guardians that decapitated the Red Legion's leadership again and again. So we know what that revenge is, yeah? Turn the Almighty around and throw it at the City. And that's where I thought "Man, that's a bit too simple. Effective but simple." And that's when I remembered that one of D1's Strikes was set around the Cabal trying to break into a Clovis Bray facility to get access to Rasputin's secrets. That the Sisters are the same kind of Psion Flayers that were sent in to get the data. That the Sisters had access to a time machine that let them see various futures. And that's where I went "Oh crap, we saw a Psion in the Worthy's opening cutscene but that doesn't mean it was Sister #4." What if #4 was told by her merged older siblings to set up a moment that would give the Red Legion and Cabal a victory nearly as bad as Ghaul's Light-capping? What if 'The Lie' is that the Almighty being flung towards Earth wasn't the big plan but the big distraction? The distraction to provoke a series of events seen in the Sundial that would let the Red Legion to claim a copy of what the Cabal tried to steal years ago, buried in the SIVA-twisted head of one Lord Felwinter? After all, we've made a lot of powerful tools for Rasputin now and the question that kept springing up this entire season was "What happens if he decides to turn this against us?"

Maybe it should be "what happens if someone takes the knowledge of how to use these new weapons and then turns it upon Rasputin AND us?"

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    it looks like the discord link has expired, would it be possible for someone to link a new one?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Well, the quest is patched.

I have the gun, but oddly it’s not listed in my collections, although there was a symbol for new weapon added.

Be sure to read the lore, too, on the gun.

• Options
    You can't get it back from Collection right now, so don't delete it.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Amazing stuff.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    TWAB https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49126
    The World Pool for Season 11 will consist of the following weapons:

Uriel's Gift
    Elatha FR4
    The Old Fashioned
    Mos Epoch III
    Hawthorne's Field-Forged Shotgun
    Last Hope
    Timelines' Vertex
    Interference VI
    Dire Promise
    True Prophecy
    Jian 7 Rifle
    Enigma's Draw
    Distant Tumulus
    Escape Velocity
    Honor's Edge
    Gnawing Hunger
    Arsenic Bite-4b
    Main Ingredient
    Outrageous Fortune
    Truthteller
    Nature of the Beast
    Last Perdition
    Bad Omens
    Night Watch
    Toil and Trouble
    Wishbringer
    Last Dance
    Lonesome
    Long Shadow
    Steel Sybil Z-14

If you still need a weapon or weapon roll from the current Vanguard, Crucible, or Gambit playlists that isn’t on that list, go grab it now!
    Upcoming Archetype Buffs
    Next Season, we’re taking a quick pass on a few weapon archetypes that have been underperforming.

Slug Shotguns are underused in PvE, because they require crits to maximize damage, and didn’t reward that precision with higher damage per second.
    Slug Shotgun PvE Damage + 30%.
    High-Impact Pulse Rifles are underused in Crucible. While they have a very fast optimal TTK, that TTK was very hard to achieve, so we decided to soften that a little.
    High-Impact Pulse Rifle damage per bullet from 21 to 22. This changes it from 6 crits to 5 crits/1 body to kill a Guardian in PvP at most Resilience values.
    In analytics we see Bows are underused in challenging content, and locally we’ve observed that it feels terrible when a Bow leaves a red bar enemy at low health.
    Bow PvE damage VS minors + 10%.

plus perk balance changes and a future weapon tuning preview

• Options
    edited May 2020
    So I guess I'm confused. Do I need to recollect those new versions or do my old drops count?

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Welp, I was off about my guess of what'd happen in the Moon Bunker but I'm fine with what happened.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Boo nerf to Rapid Hit will make my Sacred Provenance/Traveler's Judgement less delightful. And that nerf is gonna affect the single-shot Rapid Hit hand cannons as well.

And I had just deleted an Outlaw version of Provenance. I mean, Rapid Hit will still get the Stability bonus so probably outweighs it in the long run, but ah well. I suppose this is the price of progress.

Hahaha that Sneak Bow buff may make me take out my old Tyranny of Heaven.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    So I guess I'm confused. Do I need to recollect those new versions or do my old drops count?

You mean from the world pool?

That's just the guns that will be in there come next season. Anything not on that list that is currently in the pool is getting removed.

• Options

That's just the guns that will be in there come next season. Anything not on that list that is currently in the pool is getting removed.

I guess I meant, are those new world drops Y4 versions, ones that will carry forward? I'm still a bit confused on what they mean by retirement. I get those are being taken out of the pool, but does that mean the ones left are the old, ready to go in the bin Y2/3 models?

• Options

I guess I meant, are those new world drops Y4 versions, ones that will carry forward? I'm still a bit confused on what they mean by retirement. I get those are being taken out of the pool, but does that mean the ones left are the old, ready to go in the bin Y2/3 models?

Ahh. Yeah, no clue there. I wonder if maybe it's gonna depend on the specific weapons. So some will be rotating out sooner then others or something like that.

I can't see any reason why that wouldn't be consistent for all versions of a specific weapon though. I would bet that a Uriel's Gift that dropped this season and one that dropped next season would both have the same max light level.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Definitely not a fan of this TWAB. They're doing a good job of pushing me away

• Options
    Kinda funny they figured Drop Mag had no downsides meanwhile you just bleed special ammo that way

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Edit: I am a dummy

Catalase on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Cata, could you not transfer hostility aimed at Bungie towards us in the thread? It's super uncool and very annoying.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I'm not even sure what's objectionable about the changes honestly. They seem not that bad overall (although we'll have to see the in-game results to know for sure since the numbers are kinda meaningless) and some changes like Feeding Frenzy actually make them work the way I and I think a lot of people originally had thought they did back when they were released.

But the big thing is that at the end of the day the reason for the changes:
    We’ve observed that players lean towards picking perks that increase their damage (e.g. Kill Clip) or reduce weapon downtime (e.g. Outlaw).

The damage perks were adjusted quite a while back, but reload perks still don’t feel like choices. This tuning pass aims to keep them feeling powerful without being so dominant that no other choices seem viable.
    is what people have been saying almost since this game launched, and certainly since Forsaken launched and we got random rolls. Outlaw/Rampage or some equivalent is basically always the best roll on PvE primaries. There's no real choices involved. They've tried to shake it up for like 6 seasons now and it's never really worked because more damage and fast reloads is basically the best choice in most situations.

I'm not even sure these changes will effect that. They might still be too little and it might end up being like a lot of the most recent weapons where the only way to shake up the weapon perk meta is by just making it impossible to roll <reload perk>+<damage perk> combinations.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Thankfully I don't really care much about the minutiae of what goes in and out of the guns. As long as I can still make baddies dead with the right end of the gun pointed at them, I'm fine. Though I do hope that the IKELOS weapons get added if not 2.0 versions of themselves sometime during the next year so if I do any high-level-needed stuff, I can bring a max-level IKELOS shottie.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    My guess is that they’re old drops.
    Every season gear from previous seasons will be added, and any gear that would no longer have a Max Power Level greater than or equal to the current Season cap will be cycled out to ensure that drops are Power relevant in the current Season.

They’re saying they’ll exclude gear only if doesn’t equal the power cap. They probably have to include all those old pieces in world drops, because otherwise the list would be very short.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    It comes down to people wanting an "easy" list of desirable loot/perks. And those are always good perks because you should always been killing/reloading, you have to, so might as well make it work for you.

Recently I've gotten outside the godroll mentality, and yes some of them are very good and spicy, but I've found some fun guns with perks I'd have never used before. The Gnawing Hunger I like has Subsistence and Demonlishinist and still works almost as good as my Summoner, but also gives me grenade energy and reloads itself. It's dope.

• Options
    Got all the lore pages for Felwinter’s Lie - good stuff, been a while since I collected a whole lore book in one sitting.

4 weeks to the next season, I’m hoping we get some info in the next few weeks, I’m pretty much done with season in terms of stuff I want to do.

Unless we take out the Almighty this season ?

• Options
    Oh, and I finally got Jotunn, from the Black Armoury.

I really like it.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Oh, and I finally got Jotunn, from the Black Armoury.

I really like it.

Jotunn is a really great Gambit weapon and all around a fun exotic. In PvP it will fuck lower skilled players up but probably do very little to better ones.

shryke on
  • Options
    Is it 25 or 18 days until next season? My game and app give different answers.

smCQ5WE.jpg