As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    They should use
    Zunde wrote: »
    I have 90g of my 500g SD Card left

I think i have an impulse purchase problem

Probably won’t know for sure until closer to release, but considering they are sold separately I have to assume that you can install them separately.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So the next few months are going to be great for me gaming wise.

I'm currently in Animal Crossing heaven and working on finally finishing up TMS. Then I get Xenoblade this month which will take all my time for quite a while. Then Paper Mario in July.

Not bad at all for me.

For me, I know that they're ports, but I'm looking forward to Borderlands, Bioshock, The Outer Worlds, Burnout, Trails of Cold Steel 3, plus Xenoblade and Paper Mario.

Say, is there any reason to get the original Borderlands? Open for anyone to answer, of course, it's the only one I'm undecided on.

TBH I like it better than 2. The weapon design works a little better and the NG+ options don't fuck you over as hard since Slag isn't a thing.

Yeah I vastly prefer the first one. I found the humor to be less forced.

My issue with the borderlands series is well, the first game frankly, has a bunch of issues as both an RPG and a Shooter.

But it was trying something new (ish), it was victim/viuctor of a sudden late in the life span reworking, etcera. The results are pretty good, if flawed, but the potential was really there.

borderlands 2 proceeded to do fuck all to fix the glaring fps and rpg issues, with both having appeared to walk out of games 10 years older. Art style wise it was generally an improvement (I found there was a certain charm to bits of borderlands 1, though it was repetitive). Though i still question why they had the beautiful hills area with a fantastic colour palette, and decided to start you off in... Snow. Which,you know, given they had all of Bl1 to learn from and none of BL1's excuses was super disappointing. I havnet touched BL3 and nothing i've heard about it really makes me want to touch it either.

But then, i am SUPER opinionated on what makes for good gunplay and good rpgs, and some of the base line decisions in borderlands (White guns being just plain shit to shoot as an example, or just old school talent trees like they use) really rub me the wrong way.

Some day i'd really like to see a Lootps that mixes a much more modern take on gunplay with a much more modern take on RPGs. (No one say Warframe, i will hunt you down and disagree with you vehemently.)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Guys. Guys. Guess what's winging its way to me as we speak. I scored an Animal Crossing edition Switch. For RRP. I shit you not.

This will be my first Switch, as well, so New Horizons indeed! (Sorry.) The dock looks very cute, and the joycon colours and the detailing on the back of the console are really tasteful. It's a gorgeous edition.

I've never actually played an Animal Crossing game. I haven't even seen one running in person since an hour or so with the Gamecube one when it first came out; my store of the time was having an extremely slow day, but not ideal conditions for checking it out, so this'll be interesting. (The UK/Euro console does include a download code for the game, something I understand the American one doesn't.) And my entire experience even playing on a Switch at all up to this point was about twenty minutes playing Mario Kart with a friend's kid a few months back*. Which, incidentally, is probably next on my shopping list for it.

* - probably well back into last year, now I think about it. Long before All This.

I blame people on my Facebook feed going on about turnip prices. This is all their fault...

HI5! :D
    I just got my Royal Mail notification as well so I think you managed to snag one from the same batch. :)

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Guys. Guys. Guess what's winging its way to me as we speak. I scored an Animal Crossing edition Switch. For RRP. I shit you not.

This will be my first Switch, as well, so New Horizons indeed! (Sorry.) The dock looks very cute, and the joycon colours and the detailing on the back of the console are really tasteful. It's a gorgeous edition.

I've never actually played an Animal Crossing game. I haven't even seen one running in person since an hour or so with the Gamecube one when it first came out; my store of the time was having an extremely slow day, but not ideal conditions for checking it out, so this'll be interesting. (The UK/Euro console does include a download code for the game, something I understand the American one doesn't.) And my entire experience even playing on a Switch at all up to this point was about twenty minutes playing Mario Kart with a friend's kid a few months back*. Which, incidentally, is probably next on my shopping list for it.

* - probably well back into last year, now I think about it. Long before All This.

I blame people on my Facebook feed going on about turnip prices. This is all their fault...

HI5! :D
    I just got my Royal Mail notification as well so I think you managed to snag one from the same batch. :)

Very possibly! Got a text from RM this morning, it should be here tomorrow.

Stockinformer is a Very useful site :wink:

'Grats on yours too! Hi5 back!

Jazz on
    edited May 2020
    It is, I suspect, somewhat telling of the current Switch situation (Switchuation?) that Amazon - Amazon! - UK is completely sold out of Mario Kart and won't have it back in until the end of next week. (Edit: the week after, now. Crazy.)

Looks like I'm going digital for that one.

Jazz on
    I think anything Switch related on Amazon is just overwhelmed by bots. Animal Crossing, Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion - all unavailable physically.
    I am honestly surprised that pro controllers are in supply, but that will have to wait for the next paycheck/furlough payment.

Yeah, you're probably on to something there.

Heh. As someone who had (and had a ton of fun with) both models of Atari Lynx back in the day, this was pretty amusing to see.

ftf57nrgh841.jpg
    jndyauhc1evm.jpg

A Lynx collection on the Switch would be absolutely amazing, but it'll never happen. (Evercade is getting a couple but that thing has some issues. Plus it's yet another system.)

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It is, I suspect, somewhat telling of the current Switch situation (Switchuation?) that Amazon - Amazon! - UK is completely sold out of Mario Kart and won't have it back in until the end of next week.

The first party Switch games infrequently go on sale for 33% off, so try and beat that if you're going physical, otherwise it's way more worth your while to go all digital, IMO! This my first all digital console and I don't think I can go back.

Oh brilliant
    edited May 2020
    It is, I suspect, somewhat telling of the current Switch situation (Switchuation?) that Amazon - Amazon! - UK is completely sold out of Mario Kart and won't have it back in until the end of next week.

The first party Switch games infrequently go on sale for 33% off, so try and beat that if you're going physical, otherwise it's way more worth your while to go all digital, IMO! This my first all digital console and I don't think I can go back.

Given the extraordinary price of some games - the Switch tax is real! - I'm clearly going to have some "fun" hunting down bargains. Outside of first-party, Skyrim is apparently a terrible offender in this regard, even used!

I'll probably end up with a mix. While digital has its conveniences, I don't mind using physical media still, loathe paying more for digital copies (the same is fine and less is obviously better), and Switch carts are small enough that carrying a bunch is no problem. Plus when games like The Witcher 3 are over 28GB, one wonders when the SD card will start bursting at the seams. (With digital I have a habit of having shitloads installed at once, as my PC and Xbox will attest, and the Switch not needing installs from physical is awesome.)

I've already got a spare 64GB SanDisk Ultra card from an old phone that I'll pop in the Switch for now. At least it's apparently possible to upgrade later and copy stuff over.

Jazz on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Given the extraordinary price of some games - the Switch tax is real! - I'm clearly going to have some "fun" hunting down bargains. Outside of first-party, Skyrim is apparently a terrible offender in this regard, even used!

If you haven't already make sure to create an account and set up a wishlist at DekuDeals, it's a great price tracker for Switch games.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Heh. As someone who had (and had a ton of fun with) both models of Atari Lynx back in the day, this was pretty amusing to see.

I'm finding the Switch a bit uncomfortable now when I can't lean it on my belly or something, and there I was happily playing with those monstrosities in the backseat as a small kid.

And you never know. If Evercade could find the rights owners to release that cart, those same owners could just as easily release those games digitally on other systems at some point.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I picked up the digimon bundle physical on a clearance rack while grocery shopping a week or so ago and this is my first experience with Digimon outside of the original cartoon and wow-ee some of the digimon designs go crazy.

I had a little worm that turned into a frozen demon guy who then turned into some sort of dominatrix.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I picked up the digimon bundle physical on a clearance rack while grocery shopping a week or so ago and this is my first experience with Digimon outside of the original cartoon and wow-ee some of the digimon designs go crazy.

I had a little worm that turned into a frozen demon guy who then turned into some sort of dominatrix.

Go on...

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

If you haven't already make sure to create an account and set up a wishlist at DekuDeals, it's a great price tracker for Switch games.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have now spent 15 minutes on here, and am now just scrolling the games because it provides a solid way to view games available for the Switch.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh nice nintendo sent me a birthday suprise.

300 platinum points.

that's so many wallpapers and printable party hat templates

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

300 platinum points.

Oh hey me too. May 21 birthday bros!

Try not to spend the points all at once.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Thanks for pointing this out. I have now spent 15 minutes on here, and am now just scrolling the games because it provides a solid way to view games available for the Switch.

Yeah holy shit this is great. It is so hard to find good deals on Switch games.

Also this showed that Cosmic Star Heroine is on sale for $1.50. Pretty sure I have it on PC but I would MUCH rather play that on switch. Almost seems like a steal that low.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yep that site is dangerous for me lol. I picked up Collection of Mana for 25 off Amazon, not bad

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Yep that site is dangerous for me lol. I picked up Collection of Mana for 25 off Amazon, not bad

I also keep an eye out for ridiculous non-eShop deals, because the gold coins get reduced if you buy On Sale from the eShop but not if you buy a digital item on sale from Amazon or somewhere else.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

I also keep an eye out for ridiculous non-eShop deals, because the gold coins get reduced if you buy On Sale from the eShop but not if you buy a digital item on sale from Amazon or somewhere else.

Damn I never even thought about that.

Also means my strat of buying used from people online is likely wasting me tons of coins too. Usually don’t even save that much anyway

Phantom Doctrine is 90% off? £1.79? :eek:

Why yes I will be pouncing on that when my Switch gets here, thank you very much.

I've been meaning to get round to that on Steam (this is how it goes, you see), but I have a feeling the Switch would be a good home for that supposedly very cool Cold War stealth XCOM type thing. And for that price it would be terrible not to.

Also, pursuant to the FFT/Tactics Ogre discussion, while scrolling I saw something called Mercenary Saga, which looks like a tactics clone. No idea how good it is, but considering the lack of other options, it might be worth looking at?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Why yes I will be pouncing on that when my Switch gets here, thank you very much.

I've been meaning to get round to that on Steam (this is how it goes, you see), but I have a feeling the Switch would be a good home for that supposedly very cool Cold War stealth XCOM type thing. And for that price it would be terrible not to.

I'm going to see if that is on sale in $ units.

Yes, yes it is. When I close my Animal Crossing town I'll be grabbing that for $1.99.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    Elin wrote: »

Yes, yes it is. When I close my Animal Crossing town I'll be grabbing that for $1.99.

I saw that, but wasn't sure what sort of game it was.

Elin wrote: »

I saw that, but wasn't sure what sort of game it was.

Cold war X-Com.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    New Terraria update

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-1-3-5-launches-on-nintendo-switch-today.89695/
    BUG FIXES

We’ve fixed a ton of bugs since the last patch, including dozens present in the live build. If there’s something that’s been bothering you there’s a good chance we fixed it. Take a look!

Performance upgrades, particularly focused around stability issues stemming from particles have been made across the board.

NEW FEATURES

Parties have now been added! You can start your own via the Party Girl’s Party Center or the Town NPCs may start one, if certain conditions are met.

A new weather event has been added, Sandstorms! With it comes new enemies, new loot, new soundtrack, and a unique experience in the desert biome!

Blizzards now have a new visual effect
    Deserts and the Underworld now have a heat distortion visual effect.

Dripping sand effects can be found in the desert, and placed anywhere by the player with the Magic Sand Dropper!

ADDED OLD ONE’S ARMY

Invasion event featuring enemies, weapons, and gameplay mechanics inspired by Etheria: the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe.

This event will play like no other in Terraria – featuring a brand new mechanic where you protect an artifact from invading enemies with the help of a unique defensive structure system.

This multi-tiered event allows players at multiple points in the game to experience scaling difficulty, with corresponding loot.

Enjoy rewards in the form of armor, weapons, pets and more, all straight from the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe!

The Tavernkeep, a new NPC from the Dungeon Defenders universe, has arrived. He will be offering a variety of Etherian loot and gear in exchange for an exclusive currency earned by playing the new invasion!

OTHER NEW FEATURES

Completely redesigned liquid visuals. Enjoy the ripples and waves, as the player, enemies, and projectiles now have a visible impact when they enter and move through water.

A new ability for Summoner players to direct their minions to attack a specific target.

NEW ITEMS

Added Forbidden armor.
    Added Forbidden Fragment.
    Added Ancient Horn (Basilisk Mount).
    Added Onyx Blaster.
    Added Sky Fracture.
    Added Mandible Blade.
    Added Spirit Flame.
    Added Desert Spirit Lamp.
    Added Pocket Mirror.
    Added Djinn’s Curse.
    Added Lamia clothes.
    Added Ancient set and Ancient Cloth.
    Added Magic Sand Dropper.
    Added Music Box (Sandstorm).
    Added several new banners.
    Added Bundled Party Balloons.
    Added Balloon Animal.
    Added Party Hat.
    Added Silly Sunflower Vanity.
    Added Silly Balloon Blocks and Walls.
    Added Silly Tied Balloons and Bundle of Balloons.
    Added Pigronata.
    Added Party Center.
    Added Silly Balloon Machine.
    Added Streamers.
    Added Party Present.
    Added Cog Wall.
    Added Sandfall Blocks and Walls.
    Added Snowfall Blocks and Walls.
    Added Snow Clouds.
    Added Pedguin’s suit.
    Added 0x33’s Aviators.
    Added Apprentice armor
    Added Apprentice’s Scarf
    Added Dark Artist armor
    Added Huntress armor
    Added Huntress’s Buckler
    Added Monk armor
    Added Monk’s Belt
    Added Red Riding armor
    Added Shinobi Infiltrator armor
    Added Squire armor
    Added Squire’s Shield
    Added Valhalla Knight armor
    Added Gato Egg
    Added Creeper Egg
    Added Dragon Egg
    Added Aerial Bane
    Added Ale Tosser
    Added Betsy’s Wrath
    Added Ghastly Glaive
    Added Flying Dragon
    Added Phantom Phoenix
    Added Brand of the Inferno
    Added Sky Dragon’s Fury
    Added Sleepy Octopod
    Added Tome of Infinite Wisdom
    Added Ballista Rod
    Added Ballista Cane
    Added Ballista Staff
    Added Explosive Trap Rod
    Added Explosive Trap Cane
    Added Explosive Trap Staff
    Added Flameburst Rod
    Added Flameburst Cane
    Added Flameburst Staff
    Added Lightning Aura Rod
    Added Lightning Aura Cane
    Added Lightning Aura Staff
    Added War Table
    Added War Table Banner
    Added Eternia Crystal Stand
    Added Eternia Crystal
    Added Defender’s Forge
    Added Defender Medal
    Added Betsy’s Wings
    Added Etherian Mana
    Added Music Box (Old One’s Army)
    Added Leinfors’ and Arkhayla’s developer armor sets
    Added Crystal Furniture
    Added several items to fully flesh out various Furniture sets
    Added several more platform types
    Added Golden Chest and Trapped Golden Chest variant

NEW ENEMIES

Added Sand Elemental.
    Added Flesh Reaver.
    Added Crystal Thresher.
    Added Bone Biter.
    Added Sand Shark.
    Added Angry Tumbler.
    Added Etherian Lightning Bug
    Added Etherian Javelin Thrower
    Added Etherian Wyvern
    Added Wither Beast
    Added Kobold
    Added Kobold Glider
    Added Drakin
    Added Old One’s Skeleton
    Added Etherian Goblin
    Added Etherian Goblin Bomber
    Added Ogre
    Added Dark Mage
    Added Betsy

QUALITY OF LIFE TWEAKS/NEW FEATURES

Rain Clouds are now craftable.

Clinger Staff can now use platforms as its resting point.

Town NPCs will try to avoid falling into cliffs away from their home area.

After reaching Hardmode, you can choose the type of the world’s evil when generating new worlds. If you have already reached hardmode, just load any pre-existing hardmode world and it will activate this feature

Improved visuals of many different things

Added “James” as a name that could be given to the Clothier NPC as a nod to the famous Terraria Youtuber, ChippyGaming (James)

New error messages for invalid housing

NPCs who are manually assigned to a room will have their successor attempt to move in when the original is killed

Dungeons in newly generated worlds now contain new furniture

Added most of the main menu’s settings to the in-game settings menu

Added UI Size Slider to the Settings Menu (Docked Only)

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So mad when I discovered gold points expire.

I really want to play Pillars of Eternity, but I don't have a ton of PC time, and my understanding is they still haven't completely fixed the Switch version. But also, as long as there aren't any game breaking bugs, Id probably not mind it.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, real talk. Who’s down for some online panel de Pon? Like, I want to create a weekly occurrence of this game being played because it’s too sweet not to be played. Hell, if there’s enough interest, I’d even run a tournament with prizes!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

300 platinum points.

Oh hey me too. May 21 birthday bros!

Try not to spend the points all at once.

wait a sec, you all aren't born on january 1st?

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Also, pursuant to the FFT/Tactics Ogre discussion, while scrolling I saw something called Mercenary Saga, which looks like a tactics clone. No idea how good it is, but considering the lack of other options, it might be worth looking at?

Everyone and everything has steered me away from that. It's a port of a mobile game and just supposed to be bog standard boring.

The Tactics game you want on Switch is called Fell Seal Arbiter's Mark. Universally praised.
    I really want to play Pillars of Eternity, but I don't have a ton of PC time, and my understanding is they still haven't completely fixed the Switch version. But also, as long as there aren't any game breaking bugs, Id probably not mind it.

Pillars of Eternity 1 is awesome, but apparently a bad port on Switch.

Lots of complaints here. But that's from 9 months ago, and there was a patch 5 months ago that supposedly fixed some things...but a lot of people still had issues anyway, and some of its problems can't be fixed, like very long load times. It's assumed that the company who ported it has now washed their hands of it and whatever state it's in is where it's at permanently. PoE2 is supposed to be worse, I think? Both as a game and on Switch.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OK, real talk. Who’s down for some online panel de Pon? Like, I want to create a weekly occurrence of this game being played because it’s too sweet not to be played. Hell, if there’s enough interest, I’d even run a tournament with prizes!

I would maybe lose to some of y'all on a weekly basis.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391

Everyone and everything has steered me away from that. It's a port of a mobile game and just supposed to be bog standard boring.

The Tactics game you want on Switch is called Fell Seal Arbiter's Mark. Universally praised.

Pillars of Eternity 1 is awesome, but apparently a bad port on Switch.

Lots of complaints here. But that's from 9 months ago, and there was a patch 5 months ago that supposedly fixed some things...but a lot of people still had issues anyway, and some of its problems can't be fixed, like very long load times. It's assumed that the company who ported it has now washed their hands of it and whatever state it's in is where it's at permanently. PoE2 is supposed to be worse, I think? Both as a game and on Switch.

There's been another patch since that one that supposedly makes ranged attacks work again (typing that sentence highlights how bad of an idea this might be), but it's hard to tell if it's really much better because most people seem to have given up trying. I probably won't end up getting it, because with my limited game budget, I don't really want to spend some of it in a game that's likely to be really awful.

It's here! The trifecta is complete.

w0bfr0pe4ezy.jpg

Resisting temptation to tear it open right away, the Switch itself is staying bagged until Amazon delivers my tempered glass screen protectors later today.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Surely the dock won't horribly scratch the screen the first time you put it in... surely!

Surely the dock won't horribly scratch the screen the first time you put it in... surely!

I'm going to assume they still do that. Right?

I'm going to assume they still do that. Right?

Do they?
    Uh-oh.
    I guess I'll get one of those as well and be careful while docking it in the meantime.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Put it in like you're putting a newborn baby into their crib after a full night of screaming in your ear and they JUST fell asleep.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Put it in like you're putting a newborn baby into their crib after a full night of screaming in your ear and they JUST fell asleep.

Space Jam-esque dunk it is, then.