As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Movie] Thread where we STAY ALIVE

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    pictured: Christopher Nolan learning that one of his iconic films is being brought to Fortnite this summer for a full length free screening for fans

I was gonna say it's Dark Knight Rises but then they did specify "iconic film"

It’s cool that the youths are gonna get to see Doodlebug.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I swore up and down that I would sub to Shudder once Blood Machines was available.

I’ll be doing that later tonight.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    3clipse wrote: »
    I'm listening to the Blood Machines soundtrack.

I am absolutely going to watch this movie this weekend. I'm a complete sucker for synthwave+organs

So, which organs exactly? More pulmonary, or more on the adrenal side?

Also, I just discovered Carpenter Brut two weeks ago and I am so into their 80s slasher aesthetic. If they didn't score It Follows, they should have.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    How do you make that movie and not call it Titty Spaceships

really missed the mark by not going with Butthole Barely Obscured by a Space Cross

The Culture's really let its standards slip lately

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think they should not show the Dark Knight Rises in a game where people shoot each other a lot

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I think they're gonna show Inception, it's the ten year anniversary of that movie

Speaking of, it's the ten year anniversary of that movie, so I'm going to turn to dust now

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I think they're gonna show Inception, it's the ten year anniversary of that movie

Speaking of, it's the ten year anniversary of that movie, so I'm going to turn to dust now

I don't accept this as reality

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the target audience for tenet was in diapers when inception came out

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to going back to theatres so I'll go see Tenet, maybe.

I mean, I get to live somewhere where covid-19 transmission has been more or less eliminated, so you know, my threat model isn't the same, so if I want to go to the movies, I'm pretty much stuck with whoever feels like releasing something.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I don't accept this as reality

https://inception.davepedu.com/

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Time to see what this Blood Machines is all about

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well that was certainly something

• Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular

Because Titty Spaceships already came out in 1980.

gsalwi0xpm3y.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Trust me that’s nowhere close to accurate a title compared to Blood Machines

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I started Red Dead Redemption II last night instead, so I guess I was still watching a movie?

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    D
    Fawst wrote: »
    I started Red Dead Redemption II last night instead, so I guess I was still watching a movie?

Easily have like two hundred hours in that game and still in chapter three I think?

Gotta make those funny hats!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Screening movies from the cold, emotionless void of video games is what Nolan films deserve.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Wanna get one of those freaky voice AIs to say "Dark Universe Day" instead of "Easter" in this video

https://youtu.be/UgADDXyWJEE

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

2018 was somehow only 2 years ago

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

2018 was somehow only 2 years ago

What a coincidence, March was also 2 years ago.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Time is a flat Jeremy Bearimy

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up that if you're interested in subscribing to Shudder, you'll have a hell of a time getting unsubscribed right now. Lots of people got screwed over after their free 30-day trial finished and were unable to unsubscribe. They've removed the option from their app interface, and customer service won't respond either!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Just a heads up that if you're interested in subscribing to Shudder, you'll have a hell of a time getting unsubscribed right now. Lots of people got screwed over after their free 30-day trial finished and were unable to unsubscribe. They've removed the option from their app interface, and customer service won't respond either!

Good thing I never plan on unsubscribing!!

That does suck though.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Visskar wrote: »

Because Titty Spaceships already came out in 1980.

gsalwi0xpm3y.jpg

Roger Corman's The Magnificent Seven Samurai... IN SPACE!

John Boy vs. John Saxon! with George Peppard as Space Cowboy (yes really), Sybill Danning as the eye candy in a metal bikini, Robert Vaughn basically reprising his role from the Seven, assorted quirky and colorful aliens to round out the crew, and introducing a promising young composer named James Horner...

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »

Good thing I never plan on unsubscribing!!

That does suck though.

I hope it's just a fuck-up, and not them being dastards.

That'd be a shame.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hey, uh...Google?

8nl0ptos1ttp.png

You feeling okay, bud?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    They're not wrong

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    toe to tip, that's a Star War

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    starcrash is a better star wars than most star wars movies

texas robot > every new character created by disney

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    At least we'll always have The Black Hole

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I love how the guy who graciously offered to take over making a movie that was never going to be good so that the director could mourn the death of his child has somehow become the bad guy here.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    "graciously offered" like the motherfucker didn't get paid

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I am more looking forward to the movie coming out and being actively awful or it coming out and just being tedious.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    starcrash is a better star wars than most star wars movies

texas robot > every new character created by disney

"HALT THE FLOW OF TIME!"

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    They're not wrong

Still lacking the most Turkish of Star Wars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0k-80n-zI

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    "graciously offered" like the motherfucker didn't get paid

Yeah sure fine.

Its still ridiculous to paint him as the bad guy here and indicative of how off the rails this movement went.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.