As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Got all the lore pages for Felwinter’s Lie - good stuff, been a while since I collected a whole lore book in one sitting.

How does one get the entries for The Liar? Kills with the new shotgun?

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Cata, could you not transfer hostility aimed at Bungie towards us in the thread? It's super uncool and very annoying.
    You’re completely right and I apologise. I keep having conversations with people that put me in a mood, and I will do better.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’m now using masterwork armor in the vault as a way to store up prisms past the max stack.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I love how in TWAB they state they're going to be better about balance passes and they'll be more frequent.

If you find anyone on God's green earth who believes that then, well, have I got a bridge to sell you!

Im not trying to be salty. The perk pass I largely dont have an issue with. They're fixing some stuff that's been broken since time began (really?)!

But bungie has been burning the good will candle from both ends. Why should I trust them? It's just kind of... sad. Like the resources spent on updating trials weapons prevented the creation of ritual weapons.

That's ominous.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    But guys. Hip fire grip

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I'm real curious if the hip fire thing where the shot may be randomly displaced (but NEVER A CRIT) thing is just hip fire grip or in general.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It comes down to people wanting an "easy" list of desirable loot/perks. And those are always good perks because you should always been killing/reloading, you have to, so might as well make it work for you.

Recently I've gotten outside the godroll mentality, and yes some of them are very good and spicy, but I've found some fun guns with perks I'd have never used before. The Gnawing Hunger I like has Subsistence and Demonlishinist and still works almost as good as my Summoner, but also gives me grenade energy and reloads itself. It's dope.

yeah I was running that combo on a Bug Out Bag I got back during shadowkeep, it's super fun

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Is it 25 or 18 days until next season? My game and app give different answers.

@Elki twab said new season starts 6/9, so should be 18

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    nice

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    TWAB https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49126
    The World Pool for Season 11 will consist of the following weapons:

Uriel's Gift
    Elatha FR4
    The Old Fashioned
    Mos Epoch III
    Hawthorne's Field-Forged Shotgun
    Last Hope
    Timelines' Vertex
    Interference VI
    Dire Promise
    True Prophecy
    Jian 7 Rifle
    Enigma's Draw
    Distant Tumulus
    Escape Velocity
    Honor's Edge
    Gnawing Hunger
    Arsenic Bite-4b
    Main Ingredient
    Outrageous Fortune
    Truthteller
    Nature of the Beast
    Last Perdition
    Bad Omens
    Night Watch
    Toil and Trouble
    Wishbringer
    Last Dance
    Lonesome
    Long Shadow
    Steel Sybil Z-14

If you still need a weapon or weapon roll from the current Vanguard, Crucible, or Gambit playlists that isn’t on that list, go grab it now!
    If I am reading this correctly, they are giving me permission to delete all of my current version of those specific weapons from my vault? I mean, since the loot pool next season is going to be so shallow, those specific weapons should be dropping like candy so unless I've got The Perfect Roll on one or more of them now, then I'll likely see more of them in the coming weeks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Idk I'd wait until we see what that actually means. Your roll may actually become a unicorn if Bungie pulls a fast one and retires certain perk combos, or perks altogether on certain guns.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Save any weapon that rolled well that you like. They don't turn into pumpkins, they'll just be weaker in Iron Banner and not useful in the toughest Nightfalls. I feel like this aspect is being really overlooked in the scheme of things.

To be fair, not just Nightfalls but raids as well... and not just Iron Banner, in Trials too. Which, I don't know how many people casually PvP in the other queues anymore. IB is essentially the casual mode, because it has an actual... Reward structure. And some decent guns to chase.

It's smart to keep certain things. I would say there's few guns worth holding onto more than 2 rolls on a specific gun. I'm guilty of hoarding things like Menagerie gear and that's all on the way out the door. I'm not gonna mass dump, but my almost godroll Erentils will be binned while my 5k PvP kills godroll will remain.

To start, equipping one Lower LL armor/gun won't tank your overall Level. But eventually, as we get further and further out, and the LL creeps higher, it won't be feasible to use that Erentil from Menagerie anymore. Everyone will just farm Main Ingredients for Trials and IB instead.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Also, if I recall correctly, using a low/lower power weapon even if your overall PL is still high has an impact on the damage you do in PvE content. So if its a big enough jump, it won't be worth it.

I'll probably end up doing something similar to H Jay, dumping off all my non-god roll pve stuff. Might keep some of the more interesting pvp stuff for glory playlists though.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2020
    Do we have a name for the next season?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    edit: Nevermind, shoulda hit refresh first!

Nosf on
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I'm not looking forward to the inevitable xenophage nerf.

They nerf entirely by usage.

It'll take a while, probably. I mean Izanagis lasted forever.

But Nerf By Usage comes for us all.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Save any weapon that rolled well that you like. They don't turn into pumpkins, they'll just be weaker in Iron Banner and not useful in the toughest Nightfalls. I feel like this aspect is being really overlooked in the scheme of things.

If year 4 is like any other year, we're going to get a ~200 power level increase from next season's cap of 1060. I assume most players, when they buy a new expansion, will spend most of their time playing the new expansion activities or the evergreen "core" playlists like Strikes.

Capped gear won't be useful in:
    • New patrol destination lost sectors
    • New patrol destination secret bosses or areas
    • New patrol destination group activities (e.g. Altars of Sorrow)
    • The new expansion activities (e.g. Nightmare Hunts)
    • The new seasonal activities (IIRC Vex Offensive was capped at 750, but everything else required a higher power level)
    • The new raid
    • The new dungeon
    • Iron Banner
    • Trials of Osiris
    • Gambit* playlist (invasions are power level enabled)
    • Every Nightfall Ordeal playlist difficulty above the first

So you can keep all your best old gear. and it'll still be good in Strikes and Crucible and Y1-3 content. But if you want to play the new expansion, you'll need infusable gear for it.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the seasonal loop? I just started playing last week and I still do not understand this bunker shit. What are the caches? I do not get cache codes or know how to get them and I certainly have not been seeing caches anywhere to even open.

Also, it seems like no one can complete these fucking public tower events

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Can someone explain the seasonal loop? I just started playing last week and I still do not understand this bunker shit. What are the caches? I do not get cache codes or know how to get them and I certainly have not been seeing caches anywhere to even open.

Also, it seems like no one can complete these fucking public tower events

You need "encrypted warmind bits" from doing daily Rasputin bounties, which let you open otherwise-locked chests at the end of (successful) Seraph Tower events and the ends of Legendary Lost Sectors. The encrypted bits are the "cache codes" and those chests the caches.

I think, anyway. I hadn't played at all this season until like 3 days ago when I decided to go do the Felwinter's Lie and 4th Horseman quests... finished the Lie last night; gotta way around for the Quarry to come back up to finish the other one.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Are legendary lost sectors possible to do solo? I tried to do one and the power requirement was 1000, currently sitting at 990 which is frustrating

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Are legendary lost sectors possible to do solo? I tried to do one and the power requirement was 1000, currently sitting at 990 which is frustrating

Soloing them below-level is possible, but some Lost Sectors are worse than others, and you would greatly benefit from having leveled the bunker for access to the summonable robots.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Definitely soloable, but being under their level will be brutal, mainly due to the Champs

Once I was at their level, they were really fun to solo, imo. It was a nice challenge

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    This season seems....not good. Idk, I am not a fan of this bunker stuff. It seems like all the seasons have been exactly the same except this loop is harder to do and not as interesting as sundial or the garden.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Felwinter's quest was pretty nice. The end part had some nice moments, and felt like a moment in a season that was lacking moments. I will enjoy slowly accumulating lore pages while murdering dudes in Crucible with my long-lost friend.

The gun is probably going to aggravate people in Crucible. Not because it's OP (not sure it is), but because everybody is going to be running it for a while so it's going to be eating up volume in the kill feed.

It'll be interesting to see if people change things up for Trials. I guess it depends on the map, but Revoker/Bastion/Astral/Mountaintop definitely still have a place, even if Felwinter's will replace a lot of Mindbenders that would otherwise be seen.

I should probably dust off Thorn so I can run a full D1Y1 tryhard loadout, but it's been nostalgia-infused to rock Suros/Felwinter, which is probably what they were going for.

edited May 2020
    I'm working on the quest, slowly, but not sure it'll replace my Quickdraw/Snapshot Mindbenders. It'll be more consistent for sure, but not as snappy. Idk, Coolguys vid sold me on it but even he said if you have a godroll shotty already it might be overkill to tote both around.

I still have more kills on my Dust Rock because it's all I had for so long lmao

Local H Jay on
    Oh absolutely there will be some rolls worth keeping. But combined with sunsetting, I'm gonna put my curated Mindbenders on a mantleplace. It got plenty of use, but it's time for the old girl to retire, content with her 1100-some kills.

I like how Kill Trackers are making me keep old items in my vault that I would otherwise throw in the trash (sunsetting or no). I could clear some more stuff out, but things like an Imminent Storm with a couple hundred Crucible kills, or my Year 1 Jian-7, or my older Throne Cleaver... they get their little spot just to stay, hands softly grazing over them with wistful bloodlust.

Hmm I'm still curious if strike specific loot is going away, or maybe staying around but not getting bumped to the new Max LL

edited May 2020
    Working on Felwinter quest and had an absolute shutout game in Control, 2 people on the other side quit. One guy bagging me the whole match and then sends hatemail about how he bagged me the whole match. The game was something like 90-12 lmao.
    qtxzm03fxl25.png

Unrelated but good to see Dead Cliffs A Spawn is still the stupidest fucking thing ever after however many goddamn years they still haven't fixed it

Local H Jay on
    Lmao I literally just checked the Trials map after posting that and yep it's dead cliffs haha fuck

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    To be fair, Dead Cliffs probably only truly works in the context of 3v3 Elimination.

edited May 2020
    metaghost wrote: »
    To be fair, Dead Cliffs probably only truly works in the context of 3v3 Elimination.

I agree, it's not bad for Elim. But I still can't believe the spawns are so bad for 6v6 to this day. It's also a trash spawn for Survival because it's never gonna spawn you need friendlies.

They even retired the map at one point, implying they meant to tweak it, but never did to my knowledge

Local H Jay on
    Looks like the only armor is Arms at Flawless.
    So... probably not going to stress about Trials this week (missing out on Class item last week sucked, but there is time next season for it).

I guess time to get Conqueror (botched Broodhold last night sucked) and play some Apex.

Looks like the only armor is Arms at Flawless.
    So... probably not going to stress about Trials this week (missing out on Class item last week sucked, but there is time next season for it).

I guess time to get Conqueror (botched Broodhold last night sucked) and play some Apex.

Class item will be the flawless reward in two weeks, and later available at 5 wins and 3 wins for the second and third weeks of next season. Assuming the pattern of armor drops holds up.

Yeah I'm down to help in Trials if peeps need me. I don't think I have much patience for this shotgun kill quest, I'll be working on that and taking frequent breaks for my sanity

Bungie making me go get shotgun kills in crucible the same season as Antaeus is gonna make me go insane. The PvP progress is just so much quicker...

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

I agree, it's not bad for Elim. But I still can't believe the spawns are so bad for 6v6 to this day. It's also a trash spawn for Survival because it's never gonna spawn you need friendlies.

They even retired the map at one point, implying they meant to tweak it, but never did to my knowledge

It's amazing. They said they had changed something about it but it literally plays the exact same in anything but 3v3 Elim or the like as it did before. The brutal spawn trap is still there.

Yeah I'm down to help in Trials if peeps need me. I don't think I have much patience for this shotgun kill quest, I'll be working on that and taking frequent breaks for my sanity

Bungie making me go get shotgun kills in crucible the same season as Antaeus is gonna make me go insane. The PvP progress is just so much quicker...

Yeah it goes a bit faster in PVE grind, but that can be mindless. Particularly for you if you have less PVE motivation.
    But I got to use my old Acrius which was nice.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So I just realized that Titan's the Flashpoint of the week. Perhaps it'd be a good time for anyone that hasn't completed Heroic Adventures there to take advantage of that if certain rumors have some value.

Yeah it goes a bit faster in PVE grind, but that can be mindless. Particularly for you if you have less PVE motivation.
    But I got to use my old Acrius which was nice.

For me, two auto loading shotguns and tractor cannon in the Whisper mission's thrall room. Took less than two runs.

Owenashi wrote: »
    So I just realized that Titan's the Flashpoint of the week. Perhaps it'd be a good time for anyone that hasn't completed Heroic Adventures there to take advantage of that if certain rumors have some value.

?