As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1589238191
    10 SECOND NINJA X is free to keep if you redeem it on Steam before next 28th of May:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/435790/10_Second_Ninja_X/

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Observation is now available on Steam (fuck you EGS)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/906100/

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I understand that it came to consoles and that controllers are supported, but after playing all 3 with the keyboard I can't imagine trying to make complicated dishes with a controller.

I tried playing with a keyboard and couldn't keep the keys straight in my head. A controller made more sense to me.

I'm glad the option is there for you then - they're fantastic games. I'd love to see some controller play in action. Get a taste of what I'm missing and all that.

camo_sig2.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Observation is now available on Steam (fuck you EGS)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/906100/

Oh, I remember being interested in this.

Was it any good?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    908b5WE.png
    It's time for Battle Six!
    @Berylline VS @jclast
    Berylline's borders were guarded witch strict control over who could enter.Would be visitors were greeted with a polite request.
    KzDLDxi.jpg
    Jclast however snuck with the help of a pair of confiscated children's safety scissors and a stolen passport. APPROVED!
    0qCKPwk.jpg
    Jclast's scissors beat paper.
    Next up are

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I picked up Divinity: OS/2 Warp

If it actually ran on OS/2 I'd buy it just for the novelty.

Makes me wonder why I keep an OS/2 Warp Box and disquette stacks next to my PC, I never get to use it.

Incidentally if anybody who's into retro OS stuff would like an OS/2 Warp box with all the disquettes, I've been meaning to get rid of it.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    X-Com: Chimera Squad just got a big patch today, actually. Claims to have fixed most of the major bugs and rebalanced the faction that was giving everyone problems.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie was up to shenanigans last night. I was minding my own business, trying to get through a game on my backlog when she dumps these dozens of hours of RPG goodness onto my lap.

2awqipjhj6uc.png

For that, you are drafted to fight for my team.

12jqxarwsf1k.png

mpta2p6xr611.png

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I mean. You tried to throw @Karoz under the bus. I couldn't let that just stand...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yeah Pixie can be pretty territorial when it comes to her prey

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Slay the Spire players, whats all this Monster Train gushing on Steam about?

Please note that I've played neither. But I do respect that Slay the Spire doesn't have packs.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Slay the Spire players, whats all this Monster Train gushing on Steam about?

Please note that I've played neither. But I do respect that Slay the Spire doesn't have packs.

Impressions from the other thread:
    ED! wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one is talking about Monster Train here. It's basically Slay The Spire X Snowpiercer and I am honestly enjoying it far more than both of those combined. I was worried that it would fall under the radar, but with 7K players right now that's good, especially since there is PvP in the game somehow (something that STS still hasn't done despite I'm sure most people wanting it).

The TLDR of the game is: you are on the last train full of Hells minions, trying to protect the flame of Hell from running out. You're put up against Heaven's agents trying to stop you. So right there it has more story than STS does. The gameplay is built on lanes (floors technically) with enemies spawning at the ground floor and moving up each floor after each round. Your job is to stop them from damaging your pyre, while also controlling the spawns at the bottom. You do this with units (single use cards. . .that can come back using certain tricks) and spells. Positioning is obviously key as a weak first floor will get overrun, but undefended upper floors is basically a free shot by the enemy.

And that's it. The art style is amazing as is the soundtrack. I think some might be turned off by the "mobile" look of the game, but I think that just bodes well for a mobile release honestly (actually the art style REALLY reminds me of Eternal the card game).

Overall just a really good game that deserves attention if you are interested in this kind of roguelike deckbuilding games.

:)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Not if you're home on quarantine
    I wish I was home on quarantine

I'm home on quarantine. Still working though.

When my SO was overly quite strict about the quarantine, I got in so much gaming. After we started bubbling together the question became, "How late can I get up, work, clean, and shower before my SO arrives?" and my gaming time dropped off drastically.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    X-Com: Chimera Squad just got a big patch today, actually. Claims to have fixed most of the major bugs and rebalanced the faction that was giving everyone problems.

Obviously I finished that faction in my last play session. Of course.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

Obviously I finished that faction in my last play session. Of course.

I fortunately left them till last on my first playthrough, but it'll help on the playthroughs I'm doing now to mop up the achievements. Also, for anyone who, like me, has been trying to get a closer look at all the background signage and stuff in the game, I was pleased to discover a Firaxis artist uploaded a bunch of them to her Artstation page, including things like the stuff in the teams lockers, which is practically impossible to make out in-game. Aaw, look, Torque did a drawing of Axiom!

rdebgkhlovlq.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    I don't know about bad rats and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

IIRC, it was a puzzle game in the vein of lemmings.

If it's so terrible, why are you making me want it? Lemmings is one of my earliest gaming memories (I'm older than that, I just have a terrible memory). It's making me think of a similar game that had cavemen, and you got to discover the wheel and go roller-coastering down hills and off jumps to solve the puzzles, but I can't think of the name.

Bad Rats has an utterly abysmal and inconsistent physics system.
    azith28 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, I was so close.

Hades is a son of a bitch to fight. And I hated the fucking Hydra.

trust me, soon youll be saying ' meh, hydra'. Hades is a different kind of fight. hes much more defensive. i suggest starting to use the shield, focus on upgrades that add to your dodge, and shield throw damage and play keepaway while pinging him with the shield.

Yeah, that didn't work out so well.

obviously you have to work at it a bit. took me about 30 runs before i beat hades for the first time i think.

30 runs of Hades specifically, or 30 runs? Because I am about that and just reached him.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I've been meaning to ask people about PvE card games other than StS but was too lazy to write a post. Looks like I don't need to bother now, bought Monster Train and had a fair amount of fun with my two first runs. Very Slay the Spire-y while being its own thing at the same time.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Oh boy I think STAR TRADERS: FRONTIERS is one of those forever games, and I'm coming around to that fact about 4 hours too late. Curse you, @Orivon !

steam_sig.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Oh boy I think STAR TRADERS: FRONTIERS is one of those forever games, and I'm coming around to that fact about 4 hours too late. Curse you, @ Orivon !

It is it's own thing, there are a ton of things to do, but it's highly advised to focus every game on a few goals.
    Personally I had about 30h of fun exploring its systems and then was ok with leaving much of it behind.

It's still an amazing endavour, it's made by only a few people and they've been add it for years, adding content and tweaking.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    How much gold should I have in mount and blade war band Floris Before I set off and start my own Kingdom?

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Oh boy I think STAR TRADERS: FRONTIERS is one of those forever games, and I'm coming around to that fact about 4 hours too late. Curse you, @ Orivon !

It is it's own thing, there are a ton of things to do, but it's highly advised to focus every game on a few goals.
    Personally I had about 30h of fun exploring its systems and then was ok with leaving much of it behind.

It's still an amazing endavour, it's made by only a few people and they've been add it for years, adding content and tweaking.

I played it a fair bit and enjoyed it mostly, but I never understood or liked the way the reputation system worked - since every time you run into neutral ships in the space the default is for you to lose reputation, eventually almost everybody will hate you even if you do nothing wrong. Getting neutral reputation back up is a huge PITA. On the other hand if you are friends with somebody you get positive rep when meeting them, meaning your positive reps slowly skyrocket while your neutral and negative reps all death spiral down. Just one of those game mechanics that leave me totally puzzled.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1589923636
    Interkosmos is free to keep if you redeem it on Steam before next 25th of May (VR only game):
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/579110/Interkosmos

@The_Spaniard

My wife and kids are heading home from the SPCA with a second dog.

**frantically searches for Puppy Raising Simulator**

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    How much gold should I have in mount and blade war band Floris Before I set off and start my own Kingdom?

A lot. Enough to fund fighting off two kingdoms for a bit. Hopefully you've accrued a fair amount of Right to Rule from sending companions out singing your praises and being a vassal of a kingdom that signs a peace treaty as that affects how often kingdoms declare war on you and are willing to accept peace because a lot of realms will be gunning for you when you declare independence and you'll be facing them down alone until you can recruit some lords (which you then have to have fiefs for).

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Metal gear solid v
    0rrca8gcs0s2.jpg

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So I'm playing through Battlefront 2's campaign, the newer one, because why not, and everything just feels mushy.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried State of Mind?

It looks like it could be an interesting story but it's hard to tell what the gameplay is like. I'm curious but I don't know when I would get around to playing it.

I'm scared to ask about this here because you know how you all are when someone asks about a game.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    I don't know who needs to know this, but in their Anniversary Patch the other day, State of Decay 2 added a pink SMG with hearts all over it.

Apropos of nothing, I'll be playing SoD2 for the foreseeable future if anyone needs me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried State of Mind?

It looks like it could be an interesting story but it's hard to tell what the gameplay is like. I'm curious but I don't know when I would get around to playing it.

I'm scared to ask about this here because you know how you all are when someone asks about a game.

Interesting cyber future setting that I played for a bit but fell off. Multiple protagonists and piecing things together.

Pretty nice little point and click adventure for what I did play.

Achievement: Who Let The Dogs Out
    5hvlperofysq.jpg

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

5hvlperofysq.jpg

That puppo is scheming something fierce.

steam_sig.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

5hvlperofysq.jpg

That puppo is scheming something fierce.

aNgy14h.gif

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    D'aww @viking brightening a really shitty day with a gift! :heartbeat:

Thanks man!

rOdQQ3w.png

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Played some more D:OS2 and I'm liking it a lot, I see why it's highly rated. It's basically if Pathfinder didn't have the slavish adherence to the tabletop rulebook to the point where it bordered into disrespecting the player's time and instead focused on the fun parts of CRPG gameplay. Being able to use a bed roll anywhere is great just by itself.

Played a bit of the starter island for a little while in classic difficulty with the standard 4-man party stuff for a while, and once I got the hang of the game I brought it down one notch to explorer and created a new game with Fane as Lone Wolf skeleton and it has been a lot of fun - challenging at times with just one character but not overbearing. Scoundrel+Warfare is kind of insanely synergistic, so much mobility you can just blitz around the field murderstabbing from target to target.

My only real issue is how the AI automagically always knows Fane is undead for the purposes of targeting him with offensive healing spells when the whole point of his schtick is that they aren't supposed to know he's undead. But at the same time they also still freely use poison on him even though it heals him.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

5hvlperofysq.jpg
    The one on the right looks shifty AF :|

Bedlam on
    Saints Row 3 Remaster is out!

... on EGS only.

/makes strangling noises/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    That was out quicker than I expected.

Timed exclusive or forever exclusive?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Saints Row 3 Remaster is out!

... on EGS only.

/makes strangling noises/

Don't you already have all the DLC?

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Metal gear solid v
    0rrca8gcs0s2.jpg
    This is basically me and my niece's dog.

Didn't want a new dog but I knew I would end up having to care for it becuase she's not here most of the time and now its practically my sidekick.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.