As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why just distract yourself when you could ALSO listen to a [podcast]?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I really enjoy this recurring mbmbam segment where travis does anticomedy and griffin calls him a fuckin loser idiot pissbaby

PNk1Ml4.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/SI-2cEHlHlk

Have fun, podcast thread!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I will not

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I really enjoy this recurring mbmbam segment where travis does anticomedy and griffin calls him a fuckin loser idiot pissbaby

Ooooh????

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    This conversation between the centaur and harpy is killing me (in a good way, this vaguely pirate harpy voice has me snickering like a fool) on the newest Rude Tales.

Also, isn't Touch Rustrod one of the names from Space Mutiny or another MST3K?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yes

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskaJVsYgw8

Can't believe it's only been a year since this

edited May 2020

Ooooh????

it's in like every episode now, there was one a while ago where griffin went a little too far and said he wasn't funny and he was an embarrassment to the the podcast and his brothers are completely carrying him and travis took it very personally, it fuckin ruled. if he could get travis to feel so bad about himself that he actually really legitimately cries it would make me nut

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I tried that World War One VR thing by the Hardcore History guy. It was pretty neat. Things like this are where I want VR in education go. Short, some or little interactivity, but showing things that are very hard for history teachers to explain in class. Things that can heighten understanding.

Definitely going to try to use it next school year.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Ooooh????

it's in like every episode now, there was one a while ago where griffin went a little too far and said he wasn't funny and he was an embarrassment to the the podcast and his brothers are completely carrying him and travis took it very personally, it fuckin ruled. if he could get travis to feel so bad about himself that he actually really legitimately cries it would make me nut

That is a lot of hate for optional entertainment.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

This is very high on my list of favourite Giant Bomb things

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

Ooooh????

This kind of shit is why I can't take the Travis haters seriously anymore. This is fucking unhinged. I mean enjoy him, don't enjoy him, whatever, I get it.

But just...wow.

webguy20 wrote: »

Ooooh????

That is a lot of hate for optional entertainment.

it's definitely not healthy at all

PNk1Ml4.png
    WACriminal wrote: »

Ooooh????

This kind of shit is why I can't take the Travis haters seriously anymore. This is fucking unhinged. I mean enjoy him, don't enjoy him, whatever, I get it.

But just...wow.

dude there's so much more. that's such an edited down, censored version of my drafts. my relationship with travis is like a reverse idolatry, onto this image I project all my bully energy

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

One of the things I like about Jeff is, despite Jan still being a fairly new member of the site (I think he was there for a year and a half at that point), Jeff has zero issue with stopping the stream and letting Jan's story take the spotlight.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Ooooh????

But just...wow.

dude there's so much more. that's such an edited down, censored version of my drafts. my relationship with travis is like a reverse idolatry, onto this image I project all my bully energy

Whether he likes it or not, Travis McElroy has become your sin eater

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    His dunks on Rob Moose are probably my least favorite part of his guesting, I think. The first one was funny, but it's been big diminishing returns.

I have found Rob Moose's opinions to have diminishing returns, so I welcome any and all dunks on him

He usually finds interesting stuff to point out in the music but he spent a whole paragraph complaining in the Fall Out Boy episode that the chord loop most of the song is based on goes back to the IV chord instead of going to a different chord so I guess he is one of THOSE musicians.

Quire.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Ooooh????

But just...wow.

In fairness, you've SEEN that picture of him right

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    This conversation between the centaur and harpy is killing me (in a good way, this vaguely pirate harpy voice has me snickering like a fool) on the newest Rude Tales.

Also, isn't Touch Rustrod one of the names from Space Mutiny or another MST3K?

I’m at that point in the podcast so I haven’t heard where they go next yet, but wow, the front-loaded, prolonged one-on-one with Tim had me checking the time frequently and I barely restrained myself from fast forwarding. I’ve kinda gotten used to his comedy as Stirfry, but this new character was just not what I wanted to listen to for twelve minutes straight. Tim has Big Theatre Kid Energy and it’s best taken with the rest of the cast.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

was this the pogi boys thing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

giant bomb plus arcade puzzle games is always a good time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_FGD3Qzy3Y

uc3ufTB.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

was this the pogi boys thing

It was.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The Pogi Boys stuff catapulted Jan into one of my favorite GB folks

it's just so good

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What is the pogi boys stuff? I don't watch the live shows as I don't have the attention span for them.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    vape, and play kendama

6F32U1X.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    What is the pogi boys stuff? I don't watch the live shows as I don't have the attention span for them.

@Uriel

https://youtu.be/GAlcnsXPTLY

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The Pogi Boys stuff catapulted Jan into one of my favorite GB folks

it's just so good

The escalation as the story went was very good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like Rude Tales: CatK a bunch but

Boy Tim Platt is just....always like that, huh

I really like Stir-fry most of the time but Smellulus is just more of that, it seems

CYpGAPn.png
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I've identified the part of Rude Tales that always makes me feel a little bit tired when I start an episode.

Loving this harpy, though. And Robo-Almost-Cop sounds exactly like Ghost Robot and Vendata from The Venture Bros, which I am way into.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I like Rude Tales: CatK a bunch but

Boy Tim Platt is just....always like that, huh

I really like Stir-fry most of the time but Smellulus is just more of that, it seems

There was a bit in one of the discussion episodes where he said he wanted to try some new voices and ... they all sounded like Stirfry

I mean play to your strengths and all that, but if I was him at some point I'd start to worry about why that kind of character was my default

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    vape, and play kendama

There's just so much disdain in his voice

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular

Ooooh????

But just...wow.

i challenge you to post the full drafts

You can paypal me $10 for one sentence

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    as a longtime travis defender, yeah, dude's kinda become a giant pissbaby

and he wasn't always like this! you go back 200+ episodes and he was fine, funny, not as Extra

I hope he manages to mellow the fuck out at some point because it's getting kinda painful to listen to

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i wonder what the numbers look like with Travis DMing TAZ

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    i wonder what the numbers look like with Travis DMing TAZ

Just go look at the dow jones numbers probably pretty similar

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Decided to look at the subreddit for TAZ and they made a rule against negative posts same day Travis made a complaint aboit criticism on twitter so

Seems not going well yeah

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Oh pleeaaase share that tweet

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Alternatively: Don’t, because that’s a terrible idea

Geth make “Travis” forbidden

This discussion has been closed.