As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Movie] Thread where we STAY ALIVE

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    But then it turns into an Indiana Jones movie halfway through!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    "graciously offered" like the motherfucker didn't get paid

Yeah sure fine.

Its still ridiculous to paint him as the bad guy here and indicative of how off the rails this movement went.

I will say from my moral high horse of liking josstice league and being interested in seeing the snyder cut, I think investing so much of your ego in a brand that you're going to post a video of you angrily destroying your justice league bluray is petty, but I don't think it's much better to be on the other side carefully following and judging the crimes of the ungrateful snyder cult as if they are seriously threatening the integrity of the artform

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I just hope they don't completely cut the russian family

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I just hope they don't completely cut the russian family

there will actually be twice as much on-air time due to a slow-mo musical scene featuring numerous smash cuts

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have a blanket policy of treating Joss Whedon like the bad guy

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    But then it turns into an Indiana Jones movie halfway through!

I think the sequence works better as a Scarface homage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtVqVNXdGOk

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I know Christopher Nolan is a robot man but what this article presupposes is...what if he fucking loves MacGruber?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Everyone should watch Blood Machines. It is extremely weird and composed of equal parts tits and fleshy spaceships.

Oh, and when Gus called the final scene "climactic space battle is basically naked ladies doing ballet in a ruined space hulk graveyard in bisexual lighting" he was in no way being hyperbolic

It's upsettingly horny and extremely anxious and the writing makes no sense and there's synthwave playing the entire time and it's fucking insane, go watch it.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    that said I'm gonna a billion % unequivocally agree that turning it into episodes instead of a 45 minute movie was a horrifically stupid mistake because it absolutely skullfucks the flow of the thing, and with a movie that's such a purely experiential beast you really don't want to do that.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I'm definitely waiting for all of Blood Machines to release. I've watched the Turbo Killer music video enough times to equal a theatrical cut, so I am willing to wait and absorb it all t once with my jaw unhinged.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Is it not all out at once?

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    "graciously offered" like the motherfucker didn't get paid

Yeah sure fine.

Its still ridiculous to paint him as the bad guy here and indicative of how off the rails this movement went.

I will say from my moral high horse of liking josstice league and being interested in seeing the snyder cut, I think investing so much of your ego in a brand that you're going to post a video of you angrily destroying your justice league bluray is petty, but I don't think it's much better to be on the other side carefully following and judging the crimes of the ungrateful snyder cult as if they are seriously threatening the integrity of the artform

I don't need to carefully follow the Snyder Cult to hear from/about them endlessly, I can unabashedly assure you

I fuckin' wish I had no idea what they were up to or think

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    2011's Frightnight is on right now and stars Anton Yelchin, man I miss that dude, he looked to be having a lot of fun in his roles, and seemed just a straight up cool dude.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    He was also a fucking amazing actor. Like his role in Thoroughbreds is fantastic and watching it you just wish he had had decades more time to be in stuff. God it sucks he's not around.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    that said I'm gonna a billion % unequivocally agree that turning it into episodes instead of a 45 minute movie was a horrifically stupid mistake because it absolutely skullfucks the flow of the thing, and with a movie that's such a purely experiential beast you really don't want to do that.

I kinda wonder if Shudder is trying to Castlevania it and get a series out of it if it proves popular? Or if its just standard goose the ratings by making it episodic.

i would watch more of it tbh

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

I've decided I hate movies actually. Keep theaters closed forever and take down digital too with it

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Whats the incredibly sinister scene

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

He tattoos someone with the word "basic" right on their forehead

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Is it the one where the Joker goes peepee on a bible

• Options
    Ive got a movement for joker fans

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

He tattoos someone with the word "basic" right on their forehead

This made me laugh way too hard

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I propose complete damnatio memoriae against Jared Leto Joker

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Wait

Did the joker do Piss Christ

I looked it up to make sure he didnt and he didnt and man I am like shocked piss christ was from before I was born there must have been some sort of piss christ revival in the 90s or aughts

Hobnail on

• Options
    i would also like to see the suicide squad ayer cut

i want to see every alternate cut

just feed them to my veins. Every workprint. Every original ending

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Would you pay $100 to get into the David Ayer's Suicide Squad roadshow

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    i would also like to see the suicide squad ayer cut

i want to see every alternate cut

just feed them to my veins. Every workprint. Every original ending

I want to see the Bette Davis cut of What Ever Happened To Baby Jane where she replaces Joan Crawford in every scene with the leftover CGI buttholes from Cats.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Platy wrote: »
    Would you pay $100 to get into the David Ayer's Suicide Squad roadshow

absolutely not

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I do not ever want to watch any version of Cats but I do very much want the butthole cut to be out in the wild it just seems wrong to withhold it

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hobnail you should watch Cats

• Options
    No known drugs of sufficient puissance exist

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Oh! Will we get the Uncanny Valley Sonic cut next?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Someone has to pay for that stuff

• Options
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I'm definitely waiting for all of Blood Machines to release. I've watched the Turbo Killer music video enough times to equal a theatrical cut, so I am willing to wait and absorb it all t once with my jaw unhinged.

The whole thing is out, it's just not sown together - you have to watch it as 3 episodes instead of a whole film.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I would like no CGI cuts of movies, they’re neat.

This isn’t quite a movie but this what I mean:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfrYjEJb8ZU

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah i think a lot of these things fall afoul of what I’m going to call the Snakes on A Plane fallacy

Where an idea is so gloriously stupid it gets people talking on the internet for a little bit, but by no means will any of them actually shell out money in a year or two to see it.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    knitdan wrote: »
    Yeah i think a lot of these things fall afoul of what I’m going to call the Snakes on A Plane fallacy

Where an idea is so gloriously stupid it gets people talking on the internet for a little bit, but by no means will any of them actually shell out money in a year or two to see it.

The problem with Snakes on a Plane is that Samuel L. Jackson wasn't playing himself and he didn't have some variation of "motherfucker" in every single one of his lines.

"Stewardess, can I get a motherfucking Coke? I'm Samuel L. Jackson, motherfucker, and I want my motherfuckin' Coke."

This could easily be rectified in "Snakes on a Plane 2: More Motherfuckin' Snakes on More Motherfuckin' Planes."

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    A lot of animators paid the price for Cats

• Options
    The problem with Snakes on a Plane is that it was boring as sin

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.