As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[tv] is all video games now

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I can only think of Venture Brothers

Silver St. Cloud makes me think of a character from Gravity Falls.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    In a surprise move, Adult Swim has picked up Tuca & Bertie for a season 2.
    The Hollywood Reporter writes:
    Tuca and Bertie are back.

In the second deal of its kind, a linear network has revived a Netflix original series. In this case, WarnerMedia-backed Adult Swim has revived the animated comedy from creator Lisa Hanawalt for a second season nearly a year after the first was shockingly canceled by the streamer.

Adult Swim will bring the second season of the series from Tornante Co. in 2021 with an option for additional seasons. Tuca and Bertie was canceled after one season at Netflix despite rave reviews for the show and a voice cast featuring breakout comedians Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong. Both, along with co-star Steven Yeun, will return for season two.

“I’ve been a fan of Adult Swim shows since my teens, so I’m thrilled to bring my beloved fowl to the party and be a new voice for a fresh decade of absurd, irreverent, yet heartwarming adult animation,” Hanawalt said.

Tuca and Bertie is the second Netflix original series to find a new home after cancellation. Scripted multicamera comedy One Day at a Time landed at Viacom-owned Pop following an extensive deal-making process with producers Sony TV and Netflix. Sources say Netflix was also involved in the deal for Tuca and Bertie and likely had to sign off on a new pact at a linear network.

Link: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tuca-bertie-canceled-netflix-comedy-revived-season-2-at-adult-swim-1295657

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Adult Swim has announced that they've picked up Tuca & Bertie and a new season is coming in 2021!

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Wow, Adult Swim is really making me happy lately. I mean, I like Rick & Morty as much as the next (normal) person, but also Joe Pera Talks With You is a sheer delight, and I wasn't ever expecting to get more T&B.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Fuck yeeessssssss

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I miss when adult swim would have a new epsiode of one of their original animated shows basically every single night.

It was required viewing with my roommates back in college.

rhylith on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I am grateful to Adult Swim but I hope this doesn't mean fewer titties

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Yeah going AS may mean less bouncin' building tiddies and plant tiddies and like, cloud tiddies and I dunno man, that's kind of a big part of the show.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm taking a little comfort in the fact that Rick & Morty have been slinging f-bombs lately. I know boobs (even animated) are still in another class of potentially offensive, but... come on, the place is called "Adult Swim."

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm finally watching The Witcher and I just watched episode 3 and
    haha fuck Ciri is the striga huh, what a good show this has been so far. I'm glad I was tuned in to the fact that the show jumped around in time while simultaneously avoiding any spoilers or plot points at all, it's made it fun to watch but not frustrating.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    haha fuck Ciri is the striga huh, what a good show this has been so far. I'm glad I was tuned in to the fact that the show jumped around in time while simultaneously avoiding any spoilers or plot points at all, it's made it fun to watch but not frustrating.
    that's not Ciri

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The Witcher really shot itself in the dick with that timeline shit.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Centaurs randomly shitting in The Magicians is A++ comedy

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

If they had more clearly delineated when everything was happening in relation to everything else, or if there was a thematic/narrative reason for the muddle, OR if it had led to anything, it could've been fine

As is, it's just needlessly confusing and pointless and self-indulgent

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I loved the timeline shit, even though I pegged it immediately because I've played the games.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

If they had more clearly delineated when everything was happening in relation to everything else, or if there was a thematic/narrative reason for the muddle, OR if it had led to anything, it could've been fine

As is, it's just needlessly confusing and pointless and self-indulgent

“Pity the reader” is some of the best advice any writer can ever receive. A DM too

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Charmed 2018 has some groaner jokes
    Mel wants to spy on the demons, and they find a spell to accomplish this. It'll turn her into a fly. The only catch is, it's a curse, and they don't have time to research how to break the curse

her response? They'll just have to figure it out on the fly.

Tamin on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    that's not Ciri

Ok fine but I'm only three episodes in! I'm keeping my theories!

Edit: I'll be ok if it isn't as clever as it seems at first, I'm enjoying it.

Peen on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pregnancy rabbit is amazing

KalTorak wrote: »
    I'm taking a little comfort in the fact that Rick & Morty have been slinging f-bombs lately. I know boobs (even animated) are still in another class of potentially offensive, but... come on, the place is called "Adult Swim."

plus I'm watching Venture Bros for the first time, and Season 7 Ep 7 has boobs flying all over the place, and at least one ding dong.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I am grateful to Adult Swim but I hope this doesn't mean fewer titties

This is 100 percent gonna air on HBO Max uncensored

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Everytime I think WWDITS cannot get better, it does.

3clipse wrote: »
    I loved the timeline shit, even though I pegged it immediately because I've played the games.

I read the books and played the games still had no idea what was going on.

plus I'm watching Venture Bros for the first time, and Season 7 Ep 7 has boobs flying all over the place, and at least one ding dong.

Its mosiaced for broadcast but its uncensored for streaming

That seems like a fair compromise.

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020

I just brought it up on the AS website and no, it's got mosaics there as well.

WhiteZinfandel on

I just brought it up on the AS website and no, it's got mosaics there as well.

My bad I meant paid streaming like google or amazon.

So many tits in that illuminati episode

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Pregnancy rabbit is amazing

There are a lot of those things in the Magicians which are great. Messenger rabbits are never not funny.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I am curious how this season ends given this latest episode

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think this week's episode was a little bit weak

Not bad but some of the gags felt.. lazier than the show normally goes?
    The troll being a troll, haha Elvis is a vampire, etc.

CYpGAPn.png
    BlankZoe wrote: »

it was a little weak but also Nick Kroll is probably the worst character in the show so that didnt help

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

i mean i honestly don't know how you follow jackie daytona anyway, it's all downhill from here

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

it was a little weak but also Nick Kroll is probably the worst character in the show so that didnt help
    I actually don't like Kroll that much generally but think he's fine here

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We’ve been watching What We Do In The Shadows and yeah, this orgy episode is pretty good

Grey Ghost wrote: »

I actually don't like Kroll that much generally but think he's fine here
    Wwdits cont.
    Im just sick of his whole bit. "Blank" with a funny voice gets old the thirtieth time and the main 3 are already such amazing characters hes kind of redundant

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I still get a lot of entertainment from the characters who are obsessed with the cursed witch hat.

Also Nadja saying "plonker".

Oh boy Little Ellen will surely age well

I did not know HBO Max was getting 2 new seasons of Search Party.

That rules

This discussion has been closed.