As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - S-Tier

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - S-Tier

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    When I was a teen, I mostly did the former. Ever since, I mostly do the latter.

I wouldn't recommend either.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I already did both those things, and enjoyed spending time with people

Mainly to stop the first two things :P

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    I already did both those things, and enjoyed spending time with people

Mainly to stop the first two things :P

But spending time with people is how I got materials to do both of those things!

• rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    One of my only "friends" sent me a text when the stay at home orders started being given out
    You were born for this

One of my only "friends" sent me a text when the stay at home orders started being given out
    You were born for this

I got a slightly more diplomatic version:
    Of all my friends I think you are the most naturally well equipped for a lockdown. Psychologically speaking

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Pfft, I mastered these skills decades ago.

Does the great Tycho have any advice for the introverts on how they can best use this time to further stoke the flame of their vague resentment and disdain toward the human race? ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    You were born for this

Of all my friends I think you are the most naturally well equipped for a lockdown. Psychologically speaking

Honestly, I would take that as a compliment. lol

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    I admit to a degree of mystification regarding the current Internet fad for playing up how... damaged?... you are. It's as if talking about how you obsess over mistakes and embarrassments is a bizarre humblebrag, like talking about how you're bad at math. I'm not exactly a social butterfly but I guess I'm really normal, or something, relatively-speaking, because I *really* don't understand why this is something that people want to dredge up and shout out to the world (unless they're cartoonists and get paid for it...). I'm not sure whether it's a genuine coping mechanism or just a way to virtue-signal to an in-group? It's all very confusing to me.

MarcinMN wrote: »
    You were born for this

Honestly, I would take that as a compliment. lol

I did - I'm choosing to believe he was referring to my psychological resilience to adversity :P

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    PeriSoft wrote: »
    I admit to a degree of mystification regarding the current Internet fad for playing up how... damaged?... you are. It's as if talking about how you obsess over mistakes and embarrassments is a bizarre humblebrag, like talking about how you're bad at math. I'm not exactly a social butterfly but I guess I'm really normal, or something, relatively-speaking, because I *really* don't understand why this is something that people want to dredge up and shout out to the world (unless they're cartoonists and get paid for it...). I'm not sure whether it's a genuine coping mechanism or just a way to virtue-signal to an in-group? It's all very confusing to me.

Making fun of yourself is funny. That's been true for awhile. And when you describe what sounds like a weird behavior you do and people listening realize they do it too... it's not only funny, but it makes you feel a little bit better about yourself.

I definitely think that people can take it too far with the "look how quirky I am" stuff. But often that manifests by people trying to define themselves as something super unique. I think I prefer when people share the "oddities" and flaws they have in common because it emphasizes that we're all a lot more similar than we are different. And what we lose in "specialness" we can gain in community and understanding.

• AshiverAshiver Registered User regular
    I feel like there should be a 4th panel for some reason.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ashiver wrote: »

Definitely. There's no punchline. It's just two things a lot of people already do.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Ashiver wrote: »

The 4th panel isn't funny

• ValeroisValerois Registered User regular
    Hardly gag, just a list of relatable things

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    Panel 2: Me taking a crap.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Johnny17 wrote: »
    Panel 2: Me taking a crap.

I'm more of a panel 3 pooper.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Panel 2 is normal poop. Panel 3 is cramping diarrhea.

• NekoPanzerNekoPanzer Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Only a castle? I have an entire Minecraft world!

And all the floors are lava.

NekoPanzer on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    Panel 2 is normal poop. Panel 3 is cramping diarrhea.

Yes

• fellowDudefellowDude Registered User regular
    Ah yes, simple tips and tricks...

Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    For fun I made this wallpaper, and I thought I'd share.

NvKlrRe.png

H9f4bVe.png