As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Now that we have Home I assume I can wipe my Shield data and start a new game, and immediately transfer all my previous pokémon back to my new game?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Now that we have Home I assume I can wipe my Shield data and start a new game, and immediately transfer all my previous pokémon back to my new game?

you uploaded your pokemon to home? If so, then yes you can delete your switch save data.

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    In both Pokémon Box and Bank, you had to first beat the Champion to transfer Pokémon not deposited by that trainer. A new save is a new trainer, unless you hit the astronomical odds of their name, visible, and hidden trainer ID's all being identical.

I would not count on being able to immediately withdraw them, but you would be able to get them back after becoming champion, at latest.
    Seems I mis-remembered.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    IceBurner wrote: »
    In both Pokémon Box and Bank, you had to first beat the Champion to transfer Pokémon not deposited by that trainer. A new save is a new trainer, unless you hit the astronomical odds of their name, visible, and hidden trainer ID's all being identical.

I would not count on being able to immediately withdraw them, but you would be able to get them back after becoming champion, at latest.

That wasn't a thing in Bank, and it isn't a thing in Home.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    To be clear I really just mean I can transfer them all back, at some point. I don't actually mean as soon as I start a new game.

I just want to blast through the story again to get a second Zamazenta so I can permanently trade for a Zacian, safeguarding a full living dex for future installments.

If anyone wants to make that trade here it would be better since we can trade their special held items as well, otherwise I'll just do it on the GTS

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Does anybody have a chipped pot that they're willing to part with? Name your price!

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    My son is playing Pokemon Sword at the moment and recently asked about being able to get Litten in the game. I read that Litten wasn't in the game but following all of this is impossible without doing more research than I want to do. Anyone know if such a thing is possible and, if so, how he'd get it? And would it be able to evolve all the way into Incineroar? Thanks!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    shadowane wrote: »
    My son is playing Pokemon Sword at the moment and recently asked about being able to get Litten in the game. I read that Litten wasn't in the game but following all of this is impossible without doing more research than I want to do. Anyone know if such a thing is possible and, if so, how he'd get it? And would it be able to evolve all the way into Incineroar? Thanks!

It's only possible via transferring one from Pokemon Home, or trading with someone who has one. There aren't any wandering around in the wild.

E:
    At least right now. There's always a "promoted raid" set of special pokemon raids going on, and in the past, the gen 1 starters were available to catch during one of these. There will very likely be one for the Alola mooks at some point, but when is totally unknown. The current one is for retro Pikachu, in case you want a bunch of those fat little rats running around.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Like Arc says, you have to trade for it. In-game you have to plan a trade with someone, and I think you might need a Nintendo Online sub?
    It might be easier to use the GTS in the Pokemon HOME app if you have that set up

And yes, you should be able to evolve it

It's quite common in Surprise Trades too, so you could get lucky there

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

It's only possible via transferring one from Pokemon Home, or trading with someone who has one. There aren't any wandering around in the wild.

E:
    At least right now. There's always a "promoted raid" set of special pokemon raids going on, and in the past, the gen 1 starters were available to catch during one of these. There will very likely be one for the Alola mooks at some point, but when is totally unknown. The current one is for retro Pikachu, in case you want a bunch of those fat little rats running around.

Okay so basically I need someone to trade me a Litten which is basically what I thought. Anyone willing to help out my son? And explain how to do it because I have never traded for a pokemon in any game, let alone sword?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Free stuff and assurance the first Pokemon expansion is on schedule:

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular

E:

Okay so basically I need someone to trade me a Litten which is basically what I thought. Anyone willing to help out my son? And explain how to do it because I have never traded for a pokemon in any game, let alone sword?

If no one has helped you, then I can breed you up a Litten egg. First thing is you'll need a trash pokemon to trade. Just anything you won't miss. Then when we're both ready, you need to hit Y and hit + to turn on the online, then go to Link Trade and set a passcode (a four digit number). We'll need to agree on the same passcode, enter it in, then wait for things to connect. Then finally we select the respective pokemon and that's that.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Iblis wrote: »

E:

If no one has helped you, then I can breed you up a Litten egg. First thing is you'll need a trash pokemon to trade. Just anything you won't miss. Then when we're both ready, you need to hit Y and hit + to turn on the online, then go to Link Trade and set a passcode (a four digit number). We'll need to agree on the same passcode, enter it in, then wait for things to connect. Then finally we select the respective pokemon and that's that.

Wow thank you! I'll send you a PM soon and we can try to set something up.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    @Iblis My son noticed the egg this morning and was super confused. I didn't tell him anything and just pretended to be confused, so he played the game like normal until it hatched into Litten (which actually didn't take all that long). He was so excited, he was shouting and jumping. He's already got it evolved into Incineroar and loves having it in his party. Thank you for the help. Is it as easy to trade pokemon to get the trade evolutions? Like, just trade you the one we want to evolve and then swap those two pokemon back? If it is and he's interested, would that be possible to do some point in the future?

edit: Oh and of course thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate you taking the time out to do it.

shadowane on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, the trade evolutions are pretty simple to do. Just find someone to trade with and trade back. There are some that require an item to be equipped to the Pokémon, but don’t think that’s common in Sword/Shield. I can try and help with that sometime too if you need help.

And no problem! Glad I could make your son so happy.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    yeah i'd also be happy to help... and I can get you any other breedable pokemon you might want.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Expansion pass news coming tomorrow

New information on Nintendo Switch software "Pokemon Sword Shield Expansion Pass" will be released from 22:00 on June 2nd (Tuesday)!
    Check it out!

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/7QZIuug-Am0

DLC trailer out. Release June 17th

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Unrelated to the DLC, you can now get Hidden Ability Galarian starters from Mystery Gift in the mobile Home app as a reward for transferring pokemon to Home from SwSh
    Doesn't appear to work retroactively, for me at least, so gotta transfer something later

I also noticed that the Home app updated to version 1.1 a week ago, and Friend Trades are no longer local only
    Wonderbox trades also happen more often
    This is pretty huge for making Home actually usable for trading, though for some crazy reason it's only for a limited time

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I am really digging Galarian Slowbro. Psychic/Poison is a neat typing and I'm gonna try to find a way to incorporate him into my mono-poison team.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ok, Galarian Slowbro has turned him into Mega Man lol. I kind of love him.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    His signature move sounds really good too. It poisons and targets either DEF or SpDEF depending on which will do more damage. I have to imagine it'll be a low base power (80?) to compensate. I wonder what the Quick Draw ability it has does.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    His signature move sounds really good too. It poisons and targets either DEF or SpDEF depending on which will do more damage. I have to imagine it'll be a low base power (80?) to compensate. I wonder what the Quick Draw ability it has does.

I hope it's ball moves (ie bulletproof) have priority, just for thematic points.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I finally got around to beating Leon last week. Now to clean up the endgame and do what I can to max out my Pokedex. Excited for the expansions.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »

I hope it's ball moves (ie bulletproof) have priority, just for thematic points.

Oh man that would be great, especially if Side Arm Smash is a ball move. It would turn Galarian Slowbro into an amazing revenge killer.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Been busy with life I haven't had time to play Pokemon. Is there a list of things to do after you beat the Story in SWSH? I want to know if I missed something before heading into the DLC tomorrow.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Oh, IGN reported that the new DLC scales to your level, even if you're at level 100. Plus if you haven't been through the main game already, you can access the new area as soon as you get access to the Wild area. Nice touches.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Been busy with life I haven't had time to play Pokemon. Is there a list of things to do after you beat the Story in SWSH? I want to know if I missed something before heading into the DLC tomorrow.

The story story, or the point where the credits run?

If you've gotten your legendary dog and fought Hop, that's pretty much it. If you just got to the point where the credits run, you've got a relatively short 'postgame' bit to go through still.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Have you met two dudes with real weird hair, is the real question

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

The story story, or the point where the credits run?

If you've gotten your legendary dog and fought Hop, that's pretty much it. If you just got to the point where the credits run, you've got a relatively short 'postgame' bit to go through still.

After credits stuff. Did those to unlock Battle Tower but I didn't do anything else.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh, IGN reported that the new DLC scales to your level, even if you're at level 100. Plus if you haven't been through the main game already, you can access the new area as soon as you get access to the Wild area. Nice touches.

Cool, I'll just use my story team then. They're of roughly equal level and not too OP

Cinderace, Drednaw, Toxtricity, Orbeetle, Corviknight, Dragapult

• Options
    Or wait, I'm gonna want to use Kubfu and other new stuff

Maybe I'll just start with nothing but a level 1

Maybe a HA Grookey, since I started the main game with Scorbunny

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Scales to Pokémon level? Do I have a trainer level?

• Options
    Presentation's on! They're leading with... Pokemon Smile, a smartphone app to encourage kids to brush their teeth.

• Options
    Pokemon Cafe Mix. You attract Pokemon to your cafe by solving match puzzles by swirling things around. Seriously, you swirl. Switch/smartphone.

• Options
    New Pokemon Snap coming to Switch!

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    POKEMON SNAP 2 OH MY GOD.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I can't believe there is finally going to be another Snap. I'm so hyped.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85