As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The best I was managing was like 210 a kebab last night, am I missing some part of this?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    There are recipes written in various places, but it doesn't help because I have to try and remember what they said. I want something that, once I've cooked it, gets added to a menu when I step up to the skillet, lists everything I've made before, and I click on it and it dumps all the relevant items into the skillet.

You can take photos of the recipes to carry them around, but then it's useless bc they like restore four hearts or something.

unless it is for a quest it was pointless right? like it was a system that was incomplete. i never felt it was a bad system, it just needs refinement.

They do have the photo album that you can complete (which is sorta fun) as a sort of side quest.
    Brody wrote: »
    The best I was managing was like 210 a kebab last night, am I missing some part of this?

If you cook 5 raw gourmet meat (the big one) you can sell it for 490. Otherwise, sell them to the guy at the Outskirts Stable for 100 each (he only buys 3 per in-game day). Also if you cook 5 Sanke Carp (you can get them easily in the water around Impa's house) you can cook them for a pretty good value (I forget how much right now).

Edit: Added in more text.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Skyward Sword complete, just over 49 hours. Combine that with BotW and I've put over 170 hours into playing Zelda games since April. That's probably more time than I've spent with the franchise in the last 20 years.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    So onto Master Mode and the DLC in BotW now huh?

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    So onto Master Mode and the DLC in BotW now huh?

Nahhhh, I'm good! I'm not particularly interested in that stuff. There are actually a good number of Zelda games I haven't played through...but it's time for a break from the series. :)

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I think when I replay BotW I will restrict myself to only allowing one of any given recipe at a time in my inventory. So the 1 durian fruit salad? That's the only one I get. If I want another full heal, I better figure out a different recipe that uses that durian.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I think when I replay BotW I will restrict myself to only allowing one of any given recipe at a time in my inventory. So the 1 durian fruit salad? That's the only one I get. If I want another full heal, I better figure out a different recipe that uses that durian.

That isn't terribly difficult, considering how many permutations there are.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    There is value in cooking if you're trying to cheese things early on, as exemplified by the speedrun. I once made a +24 bonus heart skewer.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    There is value in cooking if you're trying to cheese things early on, as exemplified by the speedrun. I once made a +24 bonus heart skewer.
    Whoa. How'd that come together? I thought that the 5-durian meal, granting +20 bonus hearts, was the highest possible. What gets you the extra +4?

If this was The Elder Scrolls: Breath of the Wild, I'd assume you put on your +cooking outfit, then cooked a +smithing meal, then ate that and made a ++cooking outfit, then wore that to cook a ++smithing meal, then ate that to...

• Options
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My man out here fighting with a torch. A torch!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I still have never finished the final sword trial. The last section/trial has kicked my ass a few times already and my aversion to banging my head against a brick wall (and pain) has made that unlikely to happen. Even if I did get a hankering to try again I haven't played the game in long enough to have atrophied all of my combat skills (and/or replaced BOTW combat skills with other game combat skills ... hell there is only so much room in my brain for multiple gaming combat skills kinda like those old school RPGs with limited inventory in which you have to forget a skill in order to learn a new skill .. but I digress).

I get a desire every now and again to try one more time. Then I realize I would have to play for a few hours before I attempt the trial so that my combat skills are at least decent enough level to at least have a chance. It is always at the same place I run into a brick wall. The last section with the Guardians is my foil. I can handle them with ease in the overworld using a number of various tricks. But when I get here (specifically in the trials) my brain locks up and I choke. I know it's just a mental block but ... I don't know. One of these days? ... Maybe? Eventually?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Heh, I had to use it to carry the Blue Flame and just figured, why not?! One of those corrupted eye and spawning maw combos must have been directly under that part of the Beast as I had never seen that many at once before.

Just did some Lynel hunting

Mostly I'll now be able to rain death from above to a satisfying degree with all those Savage Lynel Bows. Would have kept more shields from those guys given their average defense but with shields I prefer a wide variety making it a "collection" of sorts.

Rehab on
  • Options
    @dipuc4life

If you do decide to try again and want some tips for that last section, let me know.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    @dipuc4life

If you do decide to try again and want some tips for that last section, let me know.

Also, no shame in using a guide to get through it. I did. No regrets and now I get to enjoy the Master Sword way more.

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I still have never finished the final sword trial. The last section/trial has kicked my ass a few times already and my aversion to banging my head against a brick wall (and pain) has made that unlikely to happen. Even if I did get a hankering to try again I haven't played the game in long enough to have atrophied all of my combat skills (and/or replaced BOTW combat skills with other game combat skills ... hell there is only so much room in my brain for multiple gaming combat skills kinda like those old school RPGs with limited inventory in which you have to forget a skill in order to learn a new skill .. but I digress).

I get a desire every now and again to try one more time. Then I realize I would have to play for a few hours before I attempt the trial so that my combat skills are at least decent enough level to at least have a chance. It is always at the same place I run into a brick wall. The last section with the Guardians is my foil. I can handle them with ease in the overworld using a number of various tricks. But when I get here (specifically in the trials) my brain locks up and I choke. I know it's just a mental block but ... I don't know. One of these days? ... Maybe? Eventually?

That room is actually pretty easy if you're scavenging everything.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »

That room is actually pretty easy if you're scavenging everything.

Specically, if you really dig there's enough ancient arrows to let you take out every guardian, and deal with the Lynels in the very final room. Given Guardians are big ol' jerks, Vaporizing them is fully encouraged.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Definitely use Magnesis/Cryonis to search a bit before you leave a given room. I discovered a couple extra chests this last time around.
    You can also beat the ice and the fire Talos you encounter without ever having to climb either one, which helps save a ton of weapon use.

Rehab on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Whoa. How'd that come together? I thought that the 5-durian meal, granting +20 bonus hearts, was the highest possible. What gets you the extra +4?

If this was The Elder Scrolls: Breath of the Wild, I'd assume you put on your +cooking outfit, then cooked a +smithing meal, then ate that and made a ++cooking outfit, then wore that to cook a ++smithing meal, then ate that to...

It was a while ago so I'm not sure. From the screenshot I'd guess it involved big truffles, and I generally didn't do the one ingredient x5 strategy so it was probably a mix.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    physi_marc wrote: »
    @dipuc4life

Also, no shame in using a guide to get through it. I did. No regrets and now I get to enjoy the Master Sword way more.

Actually, I did use a guide the first time around and still got bodied. It's almost always the room before the single walking Guardian. The one where they throw six immobile Guardians at you by one, then two, then three. One is easy to handle, two are manageable, but I can never get into a good rhythm with three since there are very few spots you can stand to deal with them one by one. And on top of that if your deflection game isn't on point and they start the ragdoll parade you will barely have enough time to recover before the next bastard smacks you.

The last two times I lost all my hearts and fairies (and ate all my meals) in that room. One time I died in that room, and another time I got to the walking guardian (which is the room right after, nerves already frazzled) and he proceeded to take revenge for his dead brothers.

I have found all the chest, and all the ancient arrows (I think?) and cooked the best meals I could (even going as far as cooking the wood stacks one by one which gives you a quarter heart each ... mmm crunchy). I know I can do it. I just have to calm down and find a good strategy that works. My problem the last two times was that I didn't practice shield deflecting the beams before going in, which is a skill that deteriorates fast for me. Once that goes wrong I can never seem to get back into a rhythm.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

It was a while ago so I'm not sure. From the screenshot I'd guess it involved big truffles, and I generally didn't do the one ingredient x5 strategy so it was probably a mix.

The Internet tells me that this recipe can be made with 5 Big Hearty Radishes.

I also just remembered that cooking food in the half an hour before a blood moon will grant your food one of several bonus effects, one of which can be a +1 yellow heart. So I guess that's another bonus if anyone wants to really squeeze 'em out.

• Options
  • Options

Perfect head shot though.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    To add insult to injury I equipped the Mind's Eye shield specifically because I just got the Hero's clothes and thought it evoked the look of the original shield best. Then a couple minutes later, whoops!

• Options
    To add insult to injury I equipped the Mind's Eye shield specifically because I just got the Hero's clothes and thought it evoked the look of the original shield best. Then a couple minutes later, whoops!

Bummer. Well it went out with a blaze of glory at least! I so need to pull my recent videos from my Switch and share them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Was one "Nydra's Horn" away from being able to get all of the of the Wild set up to four stars immediately. The defense I currently have with just the Cap at four and everything else at three is 64.
    Nice!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I very rarely had the upgrades I needed for any of the armor. Especially at the upper levels I would have to go hunt the bits. I think I only ever maxed the climbing and sneaking armor. Got the ancient most of the way?

Now I want to replay this again.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I very rarely had the upgrades I needed for any of the armor. Especially at the upper levels I would have to go hunt the bits. I think I only ever maxed the climbing and sneaking armor. Got the ancient most of the way?

Now I want to replay this again.

I never fully upgraded the Flame Armor set thingy... Those annoying butterflies were the most painful thing to hunt down.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I upgraded all the armor, all the way, because I am more than insane.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    It took me a bit to figure out where those Stealthfin Trout were the first time playing.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I fully upgraded the useful ones. Ancient Armor, Rito Armor, the various running pants. And the Fierce Deity's set, because that was my main armor set.

• Options

I fully upgraded the useful ones. Ancient Armor, Rito Armor, the various running pants. And the Fierce Deity's set, because that was my main armor set.

Yeah, I was compelled by the way I usually play games to grind every piece to every level-up of every piece of armor, regardless of if they had special features or high defense or whatever. I had to finish it.

• Options

What was the deal with the Fierce Deity armor? (I'm guessing amiibo unlock as I don't remember it being part of the DLC)

• Options

What was the deal with the Fierce Deity armor? (I'm guessing amiibo unlock as I don't remember it being part of the DLC)

Yeah it is from the Majora's Mask Link Amiibo.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Ready for Calamity Ganon now.
    20200605-133757.jpg

Rehab on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    What sword is that?!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Ready for Calamity Ganon now.
    20200605-133757.jpg

Do you Tingle with anticipation for the final battle?

• Options
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

There's a reliable spawn for those ontop of one of hte towers - it's one of the ones just north/northwest of hyrul castle, which has one of those giant skulls ontop of it. The Sword's implanted on the outside of hte ksull, and respawns every blood moon. Super worth getting to early if you can, esp on Master Mode because of how stupid strong Royal Claymores are.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
This discussion has been closed.