As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Not with you.

Ew.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You motherfucker

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I’ve been playing the ezio trilogy which I haven’t played since they first come out, it’s funny in my mind they were all kind of smooshed together, but it’s really interesting how different each one is and how much they improve game to game. Revelations especially was the franchise really hitting its stride, it’s so colourful and rich and very graphically detailed for a 360 game. It doesn’t hurt that the setting really just works. It also has a kind of Indiana Jones vibe that I love, and I love old ezio

I wonder if they’ll ever do an instalment where they have like multiple characters you can switch between and do missions with, like gtav. I enjoyed switching between siblings in syndicate, but I’d love a wider cast of characters, like a band of assassins

Prohass on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    So far what stands out about playing AC Rogue is that they really expected you to come straight from Black Flag to Rogue, both story wise and just gameplay in general. There are tutorials, but the setup of everything is very truncated, like you know why you're doing this. You've just played 30 hours of Black Flag, let's not mess about, just get right into it.

That and I swear the main characters moustache disappears from time to time.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    So far what stands out about playing AC Rogue is that they really expected you to come straight from Black Flag to Rogue, both story wise and just gameplay in general. There are tutorials, but the setup of everything is very truncated, like you know why you're doing this. You've just played 30 hours of Black Flag, let's not mess about, just get right into it.

Whenever something like that happens a Precursor did it. Or a glitch in the animus. Didn’t code the moustache DNA

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Rogue was really cool. Seeing things from the Templar perspective was neat and the way they tie the game into Unity was great.

Kinda funny how Unity was the big AC game that came out that year with all the marketing whereas Rogue was the "last gen" game that was just on the side only for Rogue to wind up being the better game.

The Paris they made for Unity deserved a better game than it got.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Prohass wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »

Whenever something like that happens a Precursor did it. Or a glitch in the animus. Didn’t code the moustache DNA

Sometimes the protagonist forgot they had a moustache, so that memory doesn't include one

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Just to make sure (and sorry if I asked this before and forgot the answer) but: is there a functional difference between Rogue 360 and the Rogue remaster, it was it just a graphical update?

I own Rogue 360 (and no DLC, if there was any) but haven’t played more than 10 minutes of it yet, and wasn’t sure if I should go ahead and play it or try to grab the remaster on sale at some point.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Just graphics

• Options
    Man revelations in the ezio collection is broken as shit on Xbox. It freezes all the time and hard resets your Xbox. I looked the issue up and lots of people have had the same problems since launch, and the official thread in the Ubisoft forum goes from complaints at launch to complaints still being posted now. So way to release a broken game Ubisoft.

Everyone says the exact same thing too, the first two games are fine, never froze once, whereas revelations freezes constantly, and resets your Xbox. There must be something very broken in the game itself

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's probably Juno

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I've been tooling around in a NG+ on Odyssey

I did the stuff up through the Wolf of Sparta, and then just spent like a week and a half grinding shit out, and I now have a very broken build

I've got 98% chance to crit at full health, with each crit doing roughly +350% damage at full health, the full Amazon armor so I regen health per hit, a weapon with a perk that does +50% more damage after a parry, and the sword that gives me adrenaline like crazy

I'm going to be an unstoppable golden god

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    inspired me to double-check. I can get to 90% ctc if I give up fire arrows, or 100% if I do that and cut my crit damage in half. Hmm...

edit: what does your loadout look like?

Tamin on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020

Possibly the craziest Assassin's Creed 1 related thing I've read and it's not about the lore.

Edit:
    Edit edit: And now the tweets are protected. Long story short, none of the Templar hunts or flags or any of the side stuff outside the assassinations existed in AC1 until the CEO's kid played a build and said the world was boring, so the team had to make all that stuff, get it in the game and send the game off for release with no time to bugfix in five days.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Tamin wrote: »
    inspired me to double-check. I can get to 90% ctc if I give up fire arrows, or 100% if I do that and cut my crit damage in half. Hmm...

edit: what does your loadout look like?

Mine is based on this video

https://youtu.be/L02HVHJk9Xs

I ended up at 98% instead of 100% because I opted for the Amazon armor, which already had 8% crit chance on it, but it's been worth it to keep topped off at full health

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    oh neat! I had no idea that the later levels of Weapons Master increases chance to crit. That should maybe have been mentioned in the tooltip?

guess I'll pick that up, get to 90%.

I don't really want to give up my fire arrows or cut my crit damage in half... but I might drop it to 85% ctc and use the Nemean Lion engraving. Hmm...

Tamin on
  • Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    oh neat! I had no idea that the later levels of Weapons Master increases chance to crit. That should maybe have been mentioned in the tooltip?

guess I'll pick that up, get to 90%.

Not sure I want to give up my fire arrows or cut my crit damage in half, so I'll stick at 90% for now.

I was at 94% for a little bit, I'm sure 90% is high enough

For me it's basically just "cool now I'll assassinate in one hit like 90% of the time"

• Options
    Welp uh

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/24/21302033/assassins-creed-valhalla-creative-director-steps-down-ubisoft
    Assassin’s Creed Valhalla creative director Ashraf Ismail has stepped down from his role at Ubisoft following allegations of an extramarital affair and sexual misconduct with fans.

“I am stepping down from my beloved project to properly deal with the personal issues in my life,” Ismail announced in a tweet. “The lives of my family and my own are shattered. I am deeply sorry to everyone hurt in this.” His announcement comes days after accusations of affairs with younger fans.

“Ashraf Ismail is stepping down from the project to take a leave of absence,” a Ubisoft representative confirmed to Polygon in an email. “The development team is committed to delivering a great game in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.”

This follows a recent outpouring of stories primarily from women who are speaking out about abuse and misconduct from other prominent figures in the gaming industry. Several other Ubisoft employees have recently been accused of sexual misconduct.

“We are deeply concerned by these accusations,” Ubisoft said to Gamasutra in response to accusations of recently publicized misconduct and assault from other employees. “We take any allegations of abuse or harassment very seriously and we are looking closely into the allegations to determine next steps.”

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Ashraf... you should have not been a piece of shit

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    If I were Ashraf I would simply not be a scumbag

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    rip to your creative director but I'm different

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the ceo's kid was correct imo, that stuff improved the game

• Options
    There is a 30 minute video of valhalla gameplay on the internet, nothing big revealed by it other than solidifying that this is indeed very much assassin's creed origins 3: assassin's creed odyssey 2

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    pretty okay with more of that gameplay in a new setting!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    If I were Ashraf I would simply not be a scumbag

Truly the l33t-est of gamer strats.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    There is a 30 minute video of valhalla gameplay on the internet, nothing big revealed by it other than solidifying that this is indeed very much assassin's creed origins 3: assassin's creed odyssey 2

Yea this has me excited.

I felt like Odyssey was on the right track but fell short in a few ways.

1 was the gearing. And we already heard them discuss the ways in which they improved that.

And the other was the skills/progression.

This new leak showed some of the skill tree and DDAAAAAAMMMMNNNN looks like they made that better too.

Throw in the settlement building that they added and this game sounds awesome.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Just made it to Thera.

Uhhh, okay?

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I have purchased Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well and I am just now reaching Korinth at like level 27

I may be doing too much, but at the same time, so much of the side quest content is surprisingly engaging. I just did a whole questline of a series of trials that ended with me exploring a volcano dungeon and learning some Greek history, it was pretty neat!

(looking up alternatives for how that quest could go was a bit frustrating though, the alternative seemed like a more rewarding approach, but Kassandra is a pragmatist so I can live with this characterization)

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I have still not finished Odyssey

It is a good game, but also is easily the first game I’ve ever played where I’ve gone Jesus, this game is just too long

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I suppose I should go back and do the remaining tales quests in Odyssey, there's a whole bunch of them that I have left I think.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I have still not finished Odyssey

It is a good game, but also is easily the first game I’ve ever played where I’ve gone Jesus, this game is just too long

Every time that hits me i put it down and always always come back to it a few months later and love it. I adore that's it's always there to play and will always have stuff to do.

• Options
    Origins being so big and Odyssey being even bigger still is what tempers my reaction to a third one of those, because I feel like I've already played six, and I have not exhausted the Content in them. Like odyssey is longer than the ezio trilogy combined

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    There's been a big enough gap between Odyssey and Valhalla that I think I'll be fine to jump back in. But Odyssey also felt pretty episodic, so it was easy to hop in and out, no idea if Valhalla is gonna have a similar structure.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    There's been a big enough gap between Odyssey and Valhalla that I think I'll be fine to jump back in. But Odyssey also felt pretty episodic, so it was easy to hop in and out, no idea if Valhalla is gonna have a similar structure.
    This is part of what makes Odyssey more palatable to me, a person who is largely exhausted by big games

If I can break something down into discrete narrative parts more easily, I can stand to do a lot more of it, knowing there’s break points in it for me to walk away from

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cross posting:

Another day another leak!

This one looks like a newer build so (shockingly) looks way more awesome.

Besides being a better camera angle and just over all smoother animations and better models some notes:

Just gameplay but since it's from a leak I'll spoiler it until this stuff is official probably this weekend:
    It seems like some skills come from book? Maybe adding some meaningful rewards to exploring the world?

Also the skill tree is super rad in that not only does it have a bunch of nodes in 3 branches but the further you go in the branches the more it increases that stats of all gear that matches the branch. So outside of upgrading gear your gear gets stronger through the skill tree as well!

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Do you have to play the first blade dlc or can you go straight to Atlantis?

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Do you have to play the first blade dlc or can you go straight to Atlantis?

That's what I did, and nothing from first blade ever came up.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Went back to Syndicate and I have to say Jacob and Evie's back and forth jabs are legitimately charming

may be one of the only asscreeds i don't skip all the cutscenes in

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Went back to Syndicate and I have to say Jacob and Evie's back and forth jabs are legitimately charming

You baffle me

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

You baffle me

not for free i don't

edit: oh "baffle" sorry nm

Magic Pink on