As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When you have to stay at home, it's time for [BAD FOOD]

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    On a side note, the wife bought potato waffles and I've never had them before.

Karl's review of Bird's eye potato waffles:

They good

I'll have you know they're waffley versatile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSq_Fhcckvo

They go well with hot sauce as a snack.

I'm basically Gordan Ramsey at this point.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    On a side note, the wife bought potato waffles and I've never had them before.

Karl's review of Bird's eye potato waffles:

They good

I'll have you know they're waffley versatile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSq_Fhcckvo

They go well with hot sauce as a snack.

I'm basically Gordan Ramsey at this point.

You are so much better than Gordon Ramsay.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I decided to get vegemite for my first time instead of pb as usual

Hope its good

Supermarket Instant Coffee - Which One Tastes Best? 14:23
    https://youtu.be/8cIqLvJz8VM

Peas on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Vegemite is great

spread it on thin for best results

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Vegemite is great

Butter, a thin layer of marmite then a layer of cheese, chucked under the grill until it's all bubbly (or microwaved for 30 seconds when you're in a rush) is one of my favourite lunches

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I use the cold water pasta method. It’s so much faster and better. Not good for long, thin noodles but great for stuff like ziti, elbows, etc.

And much less water.

*googling intensifies*

@Karl, it's pretty amazing.

1) Throw your dry, smallish pasta in a pot (i.e. ziti, elbows, penne, bowties, etc.)
    2) Fill with cold tap water up to about an inch above the surface level of the pasta (it helps to kkind of make a level surface with the pasta before adding the water)
    3) When water boils, decrease heat to maintain a simmer. Remove the lid, stir and cook for 4 minutes 30 seconds or until al dente.
    4) Remove pasta with spider.

It's pretty amazing and the remaining water is awesomely starchy because of the smaller water-to-pasta ratio.

It's also so much quicker.

I basically hate using the normal method nowadays. I avoid pasta like spaghetti because of how quick and easy this is. I love how the pasta comes out.

Make sure you use a large spider, like a tarantula. It picks up the pasta much easier than a tiny spider.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting quite the intensity of the reaction to that frito pie video. But I really should have done, considering it's one of those regional specialties that people have strong feelings about.

I'll put myself on the chopping block by admitting that I didn't think eggs were a bad idea, but I'm the kind of person who will make a leftovers omelette using nearly anything.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting quite the intensity of the reaction to that frito pie video. But I really should have done, considering it's one of those regional specialties that people have strong feelings about.

I'll put myself on the chopping block by admitting that I didn't think eggs were a bad idea, but I'm the kind of person who will make a leftovers omelette using nearly anything.

I have borne witness to an entire room of coworkers getting into a heated argument just about what the name of a frito pie is, let alone its composition.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    This morning I made a breakfast sandwich and it wasn't too out of the ordinary, an egg, a couple slices of smoked ham, some crunchy leaf lettuce, but instead of the sliced Muenster cheese that i have in the fridge, I spread on a layer of Merkts sharp cheddar cheese spread. This is the stuff that comes in a little tub in the deli refrigerators at like every grocery store I've been to, it's akin to pub cheese.

Let me tell you, that stuff really works well with eggs and ham, delicious sandwich.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

I have borne witness to an entire room of coworkers getting into a heated argument just about what the name of a frito pie is, let alone its composition.

I honestly don't think it would have gotten my goat as much if it was someone familiar with the original food chopping and screwing it. But you can't ignore the composition of a regional dish while simultaneously saying "I know, right? That's just how they do it here."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Well, this is the same man who was intending to do a show where he traveled to other countries and taught them about how they were cooking their regional food incorrectly.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I decided to get vegemite for my first time instead of pb as usual

Hope its good

I wouldn't use vegemite as a peanut butter replacement just in general terms. And what veldrin said.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Wonder if these are Disney approved.

Dirtyboy on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

"Product contains no fruit juice." :(

edited May 2020
    Hmm didn't expect vegemite to be umami as heck
    It's super delicious man

I can totally see how it goes well with butter and cheese

Peas on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Vegemite is pure umami. It is like a jar of mashed beef stock cubes.
    Ideally pasta should be cooked in plenty of water with a fair amount of salt in it. Pro-gastronomists (ie, scientific chefs) generally cook their pasta in shitloads of kosher salt (like, a tablespoon for a half-gallon of water). Absolutely don't do that with iodized salt though.

JKLA says you don't need a lot of water. He cooks long pasta in this vid in a half inch of water in a skillet and talks about why you don't need a lot of water for dried pasta.

https://youtu.be/P6QWoOQMvE8

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    But if you don't use more water how will you brew your coffee?

Man, nothing like a caramel macaroniotto to start your day off right.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    You can use pasta water to thicken sauces.

Because its full of starch

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

is this real

is this REAL

look they have bread vending machines in Belgium and hot drink and soup vending machines in Japan and China

CAN I TRULY VEND A POTATO

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you can vend potato

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Yeah, I think they have those in Japan as well. Totchapon.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    We have a cheese and milk vending machine around here

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It is the way of the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3rGPXXk8VE

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    i,m hungry

Children's rights are human rights.
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    There are milk dispensers in Slovenia, as means of allowing small local farmers to more cheaply get their product sold. You can buy a bottle on the right side there if you didn't bring one with you and then have it filled&sealed. They even have the farms the milk is from listed right on the front.

tqxkgsawyria.jpg

Glal on
    i,m making pizza

• SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Vegemite is great

Or, you know, just eat it out of the jar.*

Fark. I ran out of vegemite two weeks ago. Damn this current travel environment.

*Possibly unadvisable if not Australian.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Or throw it in the bin and buy some marmite :cool:

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    They both taste good and while I have never had them side by side, I cannot remember being able to discern a difference between the two.

sarukun on
  • kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    Begun, the -mite wars have.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I've never had any mite, I've been too much of a scaredy cat.

My high school chemistry teacher used to give us take-home assignments, and he'd knock off ten points for every day you were late turning it in. However, he had a whole flat of these little jars of Vegemite, and he'd reinstate ten points for every heaping spoonful you ate in front of the class.

Every time an old jar ran out and he had to open a new one, he'd crack the seal and dramatically sniff it like some kind of yeast pervert while we all screamed and groaned.

Man, I need to give Mr. Jones a call some time, he ruled.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    They both taste good and while I have never had them side by side, I cannot remember being able to discern a difference between the two.

Marmite has a sweet edge, it's gross.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    i,m making pizza

Hey, I'm making pizza, I'm Dad

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

Marmite has a sweet edge, it's gross.

That must also be why I'm gross.

Elaro wrote: »
    i,m making pizza

Hey, making pizza, I'm Dad

Fixed

This discussion has been closed.