As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[tv] is all video games now

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Boy Avatar:TLA is still great as hell and I might be a little teary eyed so what you want to fight about it or something

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    yes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Pistols at like, noon-ish.

After lunch. Maybe around 2 I dunno whenever

no i wanna take a nap

we are rumbling right now at the dumpster behind the bad denny's

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Oh boy Little Ellen will surely age well

Animated Ellen gets delivered a sippy cup from a waitress, then immediately tries to get the waitress fired for making eye contact

Fine but we go by Gentleman's rules: no used heroine needle wolverine claws, no weaponizing the used fry grease and the raccoons stay out of it

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I would argue that we have proof that Little Ellen hasn't aged well

i reject all of these terms

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i reject all of these terms

You are a bastard and I respect that

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    no i wanna take a nap

help i'm behind the wrong bad denny's

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Quick climb up on something gain a vertical advantage

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    no i wanna take a nap

I didn't even know we had a good denny's, gotta check that shit out

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Thats a good reason to quit anything let alone batwoman

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    no i wanna take a nap

I didn't even know we had a good denny's, gotta check that shit out
    It's like telling someone to stand in the corner of a circular room.

steam_sig.png
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    I'm on episode 2 of The Great and it's pretty great so far

Peter is a fucking lunatic and Catherine is delightful

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    spono wrote: »
    I'm on episode 2 of The Great and it's pretty great so far

so it's not just a clever name

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    You don't know how hard it was to restrain myself from italicising the 2nd great

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Looks like Ruby idolizes John Carpenter as much as I do.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    spono wrote: »
    You don't know how hard it was to restrain myself from italicising the 2nd great

/Tony the Tiger has joined the chat

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Eyeroll at headline, ya I guess you could call pushing thru two herniated discs from a stunt "too much work"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    More like "I've had it with this shit".
    Batwoman is action intensive and mediocre enough that nobody could have paid me enough to do it with a bad back.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I started rewatching My Name is Earl, and it's a shame about the prison season and it ending without resolution.

It's such a laid back, fun show. I think my favorite thing is that it's characters could easily be made to be laughed at, but the show never comes off as that.

I think it and Raising Hope are really great examples of shows that love the poor/working class.

it always bums me out remembering how my name is earl flamed out so dramatically

those first two seasons tho

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I have to resent it because my middle name is Earl and it was on when I was a young teen, so...yeah

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    it always bums me out remembering how my name is earl flamed out so dramatically

those first two seasons tho

I think the creator's planned ending would have been really sweet and a perfect ending
    Earl comes across someone that's completing their own list and need to check him off it. He finds out he ended up encouraging tons of people to write out their own lists and attone for their mistakes. Finally feeling he's put enough good into the world he crumples the list.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    My wife and I are starting to watch Tales From the Crypt.

What are your top three must-watch eps?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

Narrowing it down to 3 is tough, and also I have to re-binge sometime soon just to really remember at least a season's worth of episodes, but

The New Arrival
    Split Personality
    Dig That Cat...He's Real Gone

Lover Come Hack To Me, Dead Right, Cutting Cards, Television Terror, Death of Some Salesman, and People Who Live in Brass Hearses are all honorable mentions that immediately come to mind too

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I have to resent it because my middle name is Earl and it was on when I was a young teen, so...yeah

Why would you ever let anyone know your middle name?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »

Why would you ever let anyone know your middle name?

You wanna get hexed? Because that's how you get hexed.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I've been watching through Community. I had apparently stopped watching towards the beginning of season 4.
    I enjoyed most of it, but once Troy left for his boat trip I went into and left each episode wondering how long it would be until the character returned.

Now that I've read he never comes back, I feel like I'm just watching each episode because of time invested and there not being that many left in the series.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I've been watching through Community. I had apparently stopped watching towards the beginning of season 4.
    I enjoyed most of it, but once Troy left for his boat trip I went into and left each episode wondering how long it would be until the character returned.

Now that I've read he never comes back, I feel like I'm just watching each episode because of time invested and there not being that many left in the series.

Yeah the last season suffers because Donald Glover never comes back. Keith David is there at least

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Eyeroll at headline, ya I guess you could call pushing thru two herniated discs from a stunt "too much work"

The work load was too much on her spine.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    It's also weird that in the entire first four seasons, they showed that while Jeff wasn't qualified to be a lawyer, he was still an exceptional lawyer, repeatedly besting actual lawyers.

Then he gets his degree and now he's amongst the most shit lawyers you can find ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Psykoma on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    It's also weird that in the entire first four seasons, they showed that while Jeff wasn't qualified to be a lawyer, he was still an exceptional lawyer, repeatedly besting actual lawyers.

Then he gets his degree and now he's amongst the most shit lawyers you can find ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was mainly an excuse to keep Jeff in Greendale I guess. Season 4 was cut short so they just decided to end it then Harmon came back and had to reboot the whole thing

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    FWIW every article about this has specifically said Ruby Rose didn't leave the show because of her spine. That headline is shit, and that's partially on me because that article is just...reposting information that was already out there a couple of days ago with a worse headline, which...Vulture does a lot, honestly.

The workloads on network shows are insane, and they're worse on the lead actors, and the CW is worse than most. I wouldn't be surprised if her back was a contributing factor, just like I wouldn't be surprised if she just didn't want to deal with the fans anymore, because...CW shows often have notoriously shitty fans, and I believe they chased her off social media shortly after she took the gig in the first place.

Mostly what I'm saying is: the CW seems like it could be a rough place to work, in specific ways that are unique to the CW.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

Easel Kill Ya, Four Sided Triangle, Spoiled

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

The work load was too much on her spine.

I mean, her instagram has a video of her spine surgery, and she comments this: "A couple of months ago I was told I needed an emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed... I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal chord." She was in constant pain, and she couldn't feel her arms. That on top of her C-PTSD and acute depression, and the stupid pressures on any person working for CW should let you know she's had an extremely rough time of it.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, CW in particular seems to be really bad about treating it's leads (during production) well too. It's a punishing schedule made even worse now with the whole Arrow-verse and the multi-show crossovers. On the lighter end, you can find videos of Amell and Benoist falling asleep during filming because the schedule is grueling.

sig.gif
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    CW cuts corners like fucking crazy and underpays every single person involved in every production, while ALSO overworking them

This discussion has been closed.