As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Overwatch: Echo Live

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    No the other characters are bots, but obviously the bots don't really cooperate normally. I guess you could have six computers and duct tape their keyboards to yours though!

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Not bots, you can literally attach other players together so one player moves but they all can aim and fire independently. It's been done in the workshop before but only in a very hacky way, now it's official. They also added the ability to control a player's movement programmatically.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The May tournament is on now if you need background noise.

Decay had an epic gamer moment on Rialto

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

That was absolutely disgusting. He dominated the game in a way you basically don’t see in pro play. On widow. Against linkzr, who is one of the best anti-widow widows in the league. Against double shield.

May melee is shaping up to be special. Heck, even Vancouver played ok.

• KanaKana Registered User regular

42% widow crit rate

not accuracy

42% of his shots were scoped widow headshots

almost 20 elims / 10 minutes

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/gosswi/decays_widow_stats_vs_houston_today/

42% scoped crit accuracy! WHAT. 35% is about borderline for cheating. Against OWL players and not randos. Poor Linkzr was actually playing widow pretty well, at 31% scoped crit accuracy. But he just got absolutely boomed.

I'm still pumped from watching that. Pure adrenaline.

Man it sucks to be the Titans, three teammates and some random T2 players get thrown together with no time to prepare and people say it's proof T2 is trash compared to owl

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

That was absolutely disgusting. He dominated the game in a way you basically don’t see in pro play. On widow. Against linkzr, who is one of the best anti-widow widows in the league. Against double shield.

May melee is shaping up to be special. Heck, even Vancouver played ok.

yeah some of the off-angles Decay was taking to get around the shields were pretty nuts. he paid for it a couple times when echo got the drop on him, but for the most part he was off in no man's land just completely popping off

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    That's what made that performance so utterly insane I think. Houston were selling out to stop him, they switch to a counter widow and Echo was constantly headhunting for him, plus running double barriers with a baptiste. Like there's no opportunities there for a widow.

It would've been enough just for him to stay alive and demand disproportionate attention. And instead he just kept dominating.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Watching Houston was like playing the game and your team gets 99-0 reverse sweeped, just watching your team get too cute and then fuck it all away. Double shield is still shit.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Man, I know I shouldn't expect much from people in Uprising games, but every single one has had an Echo, and literally none of them have any idea what they're doing. Not even the basics. Not just that you can ult teammates in the mode, but like... using the laser as soon as elites spawn, flying straight into walls, killing themselves constantly.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

42% widow crit rate

not accuracy

Oh so this wasnt a euphemism for saying something racist

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited May 2020
    Kana wrote: »

42% widow crit rate

not accuracy

Oh so this wasnt a euphemism for saying something racist

Nope, not this time, lol.

Also, the stats here show why overall damage is deceptive for a hero like Widow. Decay wasn't doing bulk dmg that fed ult charge without leading to kills. Instead, his dmg led directly to kills, either through a solo headshot, or by bursting a tank low so someone else could quickly finish them off.

It's something lower tier DPS could learn from. Junk damage builds your ult, sure, but it also builds support ult (see: Jjonak getting an extra 25% from healing Hotba between fights from a turret). Given support ults are often stronger than DPS ults (not always, but usually), it's often a bad exchange. Smaller amounts of focused damage leading directly to kills matters far more.

sanstodo on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Man, I know I shouldn't expect much from people in Uprising games, but every single one has had an Echo, and literally none of them have any idea what they're doing. Not even the basics. Not just that you can ult teammates in the mode, but like... using the laser as soon as elites spawn, flying straight into walls, killing themselves constantly.

I had to read this twice before realizing you weren't talking about the Boston Uprising game lol. Must still be half asleep...

Easiest way to spot a dogshit genji is if he dashes into the enemy team to engage rather than as an escape. It tells me at the start of the game that either their, or our, genji is gonna be useless.

The dash resets on kill so you can dash in though

• jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Yeah. It's a great way to confirm kills.

Real way to spot bad Genji: when he goes nano blade and gets 0 kills.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    jammu wrote: »

T-t-that's how Genjis learn!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Kudos Shanghai, I saw that C9 skimming through the TV waking up and then left to do some Home Improvement and come back and you reverse sweeped.

The dash resets on kill so you can dash in though

That’s not an engage, that’s a kill confirmation. Engage is to start the battle, right after posturing is done.

Chance wrote: »
    jammu wrote: »

T-t-that's how Genjis learn!

It happens if there’s a trance or beat with peel. I don’t blame genjis for good counterplay.

I blame teammates for mistakes and bad decisions that are preventable.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I thought you all would like to know that after, i dunno, 4 months? I logged on today and did the math, QPC is still the best mode.

steam_sig.png
    I played like 10 games as support last night after being awake for over 25 hours and... actually won a bunch of games! Then went DPS for the last 2 and won s'more!

I should always play when so profoundly exhausted that I meet the definition of complete intoxication.

edited May 2020
    I try not to stay awake for more than 5 hours, personally.

Coinage on
    All cats, from Tailor Swift to Judi Dench know the Way of the Nap.

But it is not my way. The sacred Way of The Brain-Addled Amnesiac. Praise be unto caffeine.

That which permits us to wake
    can never let us sleep.

I'm playing tank, defending Hollywood, and I'm coming back from spawn. It sounds like we're really getting chewed up out there, and my brother - not too far in front of me - calls out that he's gettin' chewed up by this Tracer. So I say I'm on her - dealing with Tracers my rank is no biggie for me - and she just obliterates me, like I would a Zarya in one of my vids. She was absolutely on another level.

They blow us off first point, so in streets I switch to ball and we only slow it a little. Third point though, I can suddenly play ball. I'm shootin' this Tracer off our supports, I'm picking their Bap and their Ana, I'm rolling the Tracer off my team to transition into the piledriver that kills her and gettin' Play of the Game ohhh it was sweet.

We lost, but that taste of hamster was delicious.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    had an account with 3690 tank sr, literally perfect

bluescreen playing dps, take a 10sr hit to tank sr as well, 3680

blizzarde... how could u....

obF2Wuw.png
    wait, how did you lose sr for a role you weren't playing? they can do that?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

yeah u can get a penalty of 50sr for the role u dced on and 10sr for the others plus a bonus suspension, ive been having a lot of bluescreens recently so it mounted

obF2Wuw.png
    For some reason, in my head, @surrealitycheck , you've always been a GM.

edited May 2020
    my tryhard smurf is gm but nicki and wife are masters on offroles other than zen which dips in and out of 4k

i only play tank when i want to run it down on horse or silently lock hog

broadly havent been playing OW much in the last year since role q

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

yeah u can get a penalty of 50sr for the role u dced on and 10sr for the others plus a bonus suspension, ive been having a lot of bluescreens recently so it mounted

wooow I had no idea. which i guess makes sense since i don't think i've ever had more than like 1 or maybe 2 DCs at most in any given session

These pve challenges are hard as fuuuuuck

These pve challenges are hard as fuuuuuck

Eh. Most are pretty simple as long as your team comp isn't idiotic, but one weak link makes them exponentially harder, and two weak links can be impossible. Which are you having trouble with?

ztrEPtD.gif
    All of them...I think I'm the weak link

Is Brig's stun hitbox lingering way longer than it should a new thing? I swear I would have noticed it before now, and I've run into it fucking up and stunning multiple people 2-3 times tonight.

ztrEPtD.gif
    I guess all these years of saying "come to PS4, we don't get throwers and assholes like you do on PC" have come back to haunt me.

Last three days I'd say, my teams have been inundated with throwing and leaving tanks and supports and some absolutely-crystal-clear throwers. Moiras who actually have "no" bound for when teammates use the "I need healing!" com line.

I have reported and avoided-as-teammates more people in the last 72 hours than I did in the last six months. Fuckin' events, man!

The "no" voice line is one of the dumbest things they could have introduced for the wheel. "Push forward" = warranted, "Need Help" = solid, but who thought "No" wouldn't be spammed forever in a game? The same person who thought Bridget, Baptiste and Sigma were fine day 1 as is?