As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] Game Pass - 10 million subscribers and counting

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Anyone in here play pinball fx3? Would like some people on my friends list to compete against with high scores.

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I loved the Xbox turn on feature. Was super convenient. And just telling it to pause while watching something was great. Though, truthfully, you only need a mic to have this work, it just felt so good when it was available.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It looks like the PC Prince of Persia games are much better visually. The video cutscenes are even sharper. I have heard of controller problems though. I will have to test it out.

Nitsua wrote: »
    I loved the Xbox turn on feature. Was super convenient. And just telling it to pause while watching something was great. Though, truthfully, you only need a mic to have this work, it just felt so good when it was available.

As much as it sucked paying extra for the Kinect at launch, I just loved it for the features like this. I had a new puppy at the time the Xbox came out and the voice commands were so helpful while I was training him

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Only feature I miss is Xbox snap. Would have a show or something playing while I did the more menial tasks of video game stuff . So 98% of borderlands two .

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    That's annoying. My Xbone media remote's volume down button appears to not work any more. The TV's own remote works, and I re-entered the device control setup in the Xbox's settings, but no dice.

Guess I'll just have to get used to having another remote handy again. #firstworldproblems and all that...

If you didn't already and were using the first-party one, buy the PDP Media Remote, which is apparently superior in pretty much every way.

I have the official one. That looks like a much better alternative; not that the official one is actually bad, it's not, it's just too minimalist. (Also when those geniuses finally added a software disc eject, which was this year, so seven years late, they bound it to a button - X - that the official remote doesn't even have, or even an equivalent.)

Jazz on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So I decided to play the Anniversary mission on STO if just to get the damn mission pop-up to stop hounding me whenever I log in. This was certainly a tone-setter for said mission.
    xlzDOJU.jpg

Nice guy. Gave me his Presidential axe at the end.

Only feature I miss is Xbox snap. Would have a show or something playing while I did the more menial tasks of video game stuff . So 98% of borderlands two .

Oh how I missed this during the NFL draft. Would be nice if they brought snap back.

On the Neverwinter side of things, I leveled up enough to make it to THAT Campaign.
    YyNSZrS.jpg

Had a good start what with the job faire. Hopefully it'll continue along the Campaign.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Oh how I missed this during the NFL draft. Would be nice if they brought snap back.

Given how much memory it used, and the fact that everyone has iPads and smartphones now, it’s pretty much gone for good

You learn that Aqu. Inc. is pretty flippant about it's interns real quick.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    You learn that Aqu. Inc. is pretty flippant about it's interns real quick.

Their campaign has some of the best quest flavor text in the all the modules. I make sure to read every word when going through it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Are all the story DLC for Neverwinter free? Looking through the Xbox store and it seems like the only purchases available are currency and titles

Carpy wrote: »
    Are all the story DLC for Neverwinter free? Looking through the Xbox store and it seems like the only purchases available are currency and titles

Hmmm. I enjoyed it and got to like level 16 or higher with my mage. Maybe I should look into it again

Are all the story DLC for Neverwinter free?

Yep.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020

To reiterate, yep.

All expansion questlines are included gratis, though the console is typically 6 weeks or so behind the PC in terms of patches and content. The zen store (which you can buy currency using real cash, or trade astral diamonds (primary in game currency for use on the auction house or you can also trade it for Zen)) is the usual F2P mix of cosmetics, time savers, mounts, and companions.

If you like the way the game handles and think you might be down to go all in, the $20 and $30 headstart chests can be a big help, without being straight pay-to-win. The levelscaling weapon (seriously, weapons can be hard to come buy without running group content) and XP scrolls are fantastic quality of life additions, and I'd also recommend picking up at least one companion from the zen store or Twitch Prime loot to shore up class weaknesses (i.e. healer spec companion if you run DPS or tank, or a burst DPS helper if you go cleric or heal spec paladin). While none of that is strictly necessary it would make the push to the 30s or 40s levelwise much smoother, cause the XP progression till you hit the more advanced questlines/campaigns (Tyranny of Dragons, Sharandar, etc...) has some major gaps that can be a bitch to push through causing your leveling to be janky as hell.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Owenashi wrote: »

Yep.

@Owenashi is this a permanent thing or limited time? If it's limited I need yo grab it in case I ever pick it up again.

RickRude wrote: »

Yep.

@Owenashi is this a permanent thing or limited time? If it's limited I need yo grab it in case I ever pick it up again.

Pretty much what BD said above; Cryptic only prices stuff in NW like companions, services like more character slots and bank slots, and bags. One annoying thing is that the buyable races and race-reskins are locked up in packs with other good stuff but which makes it cost more to buy (like in the $50 range if not more).

If you want to see what each content patch (called Modules for NW) added, here's a handy list from the NW Reddit.

To reiterate, yep.

All expansion questlines are included gratis, though the console is typically 6 weeks or so behind the PC in terms of patches and content. The zen store (which you can buy currency using real cash, or trade astral diamonds (primary in game currency for use on the auction house or you can also trade it for Zen)) is the usual F2P mix of cosmetics, time savers, mounts, and companions.

If you like the way the game handles and think you might be down to go all in, the $20 and $30 headstart chests can be a big help, without being straight pay-to-win. The levelscaling weapon (seriously, weapons can be hard to come buy without running group content) and XP scrolls are fantastic quality of life additions, and I'd also recommend picking up at least one companion from the zen store or Twitch Prime loot to shore up class weaknesses (i.e. healer spec companion if you run DPS or tank, or a burst DPS helper if you go cleric or heal spec paladin). While none of that is strictly necessary it would make the push to the 30s or 40s levelwise much smoother, cause the XP progression till you hit the more advanced questlines/campaigns (Tyranny of Dragons, Sharandar, etc...) has some major gaps that can be a bitch to push through causing your leveling to be janky as hell.

Thanks, that's good info. I downloaded it last night and I figure I'll give it a spin today and see what I think. The charity thing is still going for a couple days and I think you were saying that it's a pretty solid deal so if I like it I'll go ahead and pick it up.

To reiterate, yep.

Thanks, that's good info. I downloaded it last night and I figure I'll give it a spin today and see what I think. The charity thing is still going for a couple days and I think you were saying that it's a pretty solid deal so if I like it I'll go ahead and pick it up.

Yeah, that pack's like 50-75 bucks so it's worth getting now. It at least brings an extra character slot, race-reroll token, bag, combat-buff companion and a mount with 110% boosted speed (mounts you get normally early game are 50%) among a couple other things.

edited May 2020

To reiterate, yep.

Oh yeah, the $10 charity bundle for Neverwinter is bout $60 worth of stuff inckuding a new race, 2 companions, one of the second largest inventory bags, a mid range mount. and other assorted goodies. Its pretty much the best value I've seen in over a year for NW content on console.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited May 2020
    I'm not currently in a guild atm in Neverwinter, if there are enough of us on Xbox now to get one started let me know, and we can set a time to get the ball rolling in Protector's Enclave.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Rolled a Tiefling wizard, thought it was fun enough, bought the dragonborne pack and rerolled a barb and this feels a million times better than wiz. Having a button that just deletes a pack and being able to use it every other pack is super helpful.

Now I'm just stuck with a zillion things in my inventory from the rewards vendor.

edited May 2020
    My main is a moon elf wiz, but they are fairly lackluster in the early going. No real good or flashy AoE nukes till almost level 30 and the chill mechanic takes some practice to use effectively. They are great crowd control (original class name literally was Control Wizard) and debuff machines in group and high level play.

Barb is a blast, lots of fun pimp smacking entire pulls into the next area code. Though my physical class of choice and second most used toon is a Drow Ranger. Decent crowd control and sustained DPS and I like switching up between bows and short swords, makes me feel like Legolas.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai

To reiterate, yep.

Oh yeah, the $10 charity bundle for Neverwinter is bout $60 worth of stuff inckuding a new race, 2 companions, one of the second largest inventory bags, a mid range mount. and other assorted goodies. Its pretty much the best value I've seen in over a year for NW content on console.

Yeah. That was a pretty impressive pack.

edited May 2020
    It is kinda weird that it says your buying stuff when you claim your stuff.

I got one level to go until level 25. The workshop quests are pretty annoying.

I wish Undermountain wasn't level 60.

Krathoon on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Has anyone had trouble installing the latest GEARS TACTICS update? It's stuck at ~260mb and keeps failing with an error code that says my internet is wonky, but I've installed other games just fine. Tried installing with admin privileges, restarting the app etc.. anyone else come across this? Would love to get some help so I can get back to sawing angry dudes in half

steam_sig.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's the haze of being ready to fall asleep at any moment, but I can't look at the thread title without wishing it said "10 million strong (and growing)!" like the old Flintstones vitamins commercials.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    That zone with the High Road has an absurd number of bandits.

edited May 2020
    I am surprised how low res Bioshock 2 is on the XBox One.

It was kinda funny. I tried to start playing it again, but found it too depressing. I thought I was further in the game.

Krathoon on
    Hey @BlackDragon480, is it safe for me to turn all these gems I've been getting in Neverwinter into refinement points? Don't remember these things last time I played.

Hey BD, is it safe for me to turn all these gems I've been getting in Neverwinter into refinement points? Don't remember these things last time I played.

Yep. Churning them and equipment items you don't want to copy the appearance of are your primary source of refinement points (which fuel the refinement/upgrade process). Until the later campaigns the best use of said points is keeping your Runestones (on companions) and enhancements (on gear) as high as you can, because you'll be changing equipment as you level too often to see good returns directly refining equipment. Once you hit level 60 and start getting "Artifact" class equipment sets (with set bonuses) you can start stockpiling to level those as high as you can as well as upgrade their class/rarity when you have the reagents.

Keeping them topped off can pay huge dividends with set bonuses. I'm still rocking some level 65 stuff (that I've pushed to orange rarity/max stats via upgrades) heading towards level 80 on my Ranger because while I've picked up some stuff that has the potential to be better, I'd have to restart the refining and upgrade process all over again.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Yo @BlackDragon480 , I'm down for the guild on Xbox if we want to do it.

edited May 2020
    Yo BlackDragon480 , I'm down for the guild on Xbox if we want to do it.
    Alrighty, we'll need a group of 5, with everyone at least level 15 to establish with the magistrar in Protectors Enclave. I'm furloughed from work till at least June 1st, so I'm available to login whenever was most convenient for everyone else that'd be interested.

Anyone wanting in on this Neverwinter guild opportunity shoot me a PM with what times work for you to show up for the initial registration. Once we hit five or more interested parties I'll PM with a proposed time and if we can't hit 5 people, I'll propose a time and then we can beg in chat for some kind souls to lend a toon :)

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Damnit, I'm going to install never winter nights again now. It was kind of cool.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    has anybody run into this before?

I've been using a usb keyboard and now my soft-keyboard somehow decided to attempt to activate caret browsing. as there is no mouse I can't click to close the window. Pressing F7 doesn't work either... haven't tried the universal solution attempt yet but it's annoying enough to get there.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Yo BlackDragon480 , I'm down for the guild on Xbox if we want to do it.
    Alrighty, we'll need a group of 5, with everyone at least level 15 to establish with the magistrar in Protectors Enclave. I'm furloughed from work till at least June 1st, so I'm available to login whenever was most convenient for everyone else that'd be interested.

Anyone wanting in on this Neverwinter guild opportunity shoot me a PM with what times work for you to show up for the initial registration. Once we hit five or more interested parties I'll PM with a proposed time and if we can't hit 5 people, I'll propose a time and then we can beg in chat for some kind souls to lend a toon :)

I've got a char I can sign up with. I'm WFH/not going anywhere either, so just pick something that's PDT friendly. Apparently the last time I'd played was 2016... And boy shit got different.

Was Tyranny of Dragons level 25 to start? I think so. I want to get to the Neverwinter graveyard at some point. I hear they have an undead problem in the campaign setting book.

I probably need to really learn my Warlock. I have been just spamming spells.

If you're an old player, there's a person next to the Rewards Claims Agent that details the major changes that hit around Module 16.

edited May 2020
    Do you have to be high level to do the Avernus stuff?

If you play a Warlock, they reveal you made a deal with a devil.

Krathoon on