As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I am still not anywhere near 6*, been working on magicite decks to even try and start clearing 5*. I have plenty of AASBs and SASBs to try with, just not any fully developed magicite or real knowledge of how to manage SB gauges and healing when you can't blow fights out sub-30.

incidentally, I was bored so I gem pulled on the new banner:

100 gem: decil doublecast LM

3000 gem: decil SASB, fusoya CSB

now I have lots of FFIV characters to level!

Torgairon on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    It's absolutely possible to beat 5* magicite in under 30 seconds. They were not designed with Awakening and Sync soul breaks in mind. So your DPS will be dealing roughly four times as much damage as expected.

Find an element were you can match up a chain with a couple of Sync and/or Awakening wielders, add a healer or two, and go at it. Just build meter with your chain holder and DPS till they each have two bars, light off the chain and cap breaks at the same time, and see where that gets you.

Though do note that the 5* level is where the fights start splitting into physical and magical, so try to match your DPS to the correct fight

P.S. I think that's Decil, for Dark Cecil, as opposed to Pecil, for Paladin Cecil

Fry on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I took Edge to five fights today, the two CMs and the three Dream fights.

He w-casted every. single. turn.

Literally, he took about fifteen turns over the course of those five fights and each one was a w-cast, if he wasn't RWing or AASBing.

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Daily hit 5 star, my fourth tiny bee. Rainbow shards are always useful.

downed phys-effective Valefor as well. Key point was remembering I had Rinoa's chain, since Irvine and Serah were not doing enough for me. Team was Rinoa chain+AASB+Sync, Noel USB+USB+AASB, Squall USB+USB+AASB+AOSB, Tyro, Elarra

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This banner technically meets my requirements with two syncs but I am feeling pretty meh about it anyways.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I've been thinking that maybe it would be an interesting idea to clear the remaining Odins instead of farming Arcana until my eyes bleed. That's Holy, Dark and Earth.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    downed phys-effective Valefor as well. Key point was remembering I had Rinoa's chain, since Irvine and Serah were not doing enough for me. Team was Rinoa chain+AASB+Sync, Noel USB+USB+AASB, Squall USB+USB+AASB+AOSB, Tyro, Elarra

That's my team, except Laguna with glint/CSB/AOSB instead of Rinoa, and Squall with a sync.

...I really just need to bite the bullet and take a swing at it. Who was carrying the dispel, and when'd you hit Noel's AASB? I feel like I probably want to hit Squall's sync partway through phase 1 and use it for the phase 2 tornadoes, then hit the AASB when the sync wears off to the end. It's the other characters that I feel more iffy on what to do and am being lazy about putting in the effort to figure that shit out.

ztrEPtD.gif
    ArcTangent wrote: »

That's my team, except Laguna with glint/CSB/AOSB instead of Rinoa, and Squall with a sync.

...I really just need to bite the bullet and take a swing at it. Who was carrying the dispel, and when'd you hit Noel's AASB? I feel like I probably want to hit Squall's sync partway through phase 1 and use it for the phase 2 tornadoes, then hit the AASB when the sync wears off to the end. It's the other characters that I feel more iffy on what to do and am being lazy about putting in the effort to figure that shit out.

I posted in the reddit thread. Dispel and ATK song on Elarra. Rinoa Sync at the end of phase 1, Awakening when that ran out. Noel Awakening in phase 2, squall Awakening in phase 3. Should have swapped squall and Noel, since squall had AOSB to finish, and Noel could have been throwing imperils in phase 2.

Since you have Laguna chain, probably swap out bard song for 6* dance. Noel is another option to carry dispel, I didn't use his second slot at all.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What are you doing to re-up haste after Zeroblast and Slowga? Tyro USB?

I took thread advice and tried mateus, walked away with a 26.88 clear! in-between my last try and this clear I learned how to actually counter buffs like barrier, and picked up burnt offering to make nulfire less of a pain.

pretty boring and standard team, although by far my most stacked:

seph (fire AASB, dark AASB for second cap break, g+)
    locke (SASB)
    balthier (CSB, glint, SSB for imperil)
    tyro (godwall, crit USB)
    elarra (AASB, regenga USB)

once I get dark cecil to cap and get his sync online I will probably do dark phys next, since it's just this team except for swapping locke and balthier for decil and vayne.

Torgairon wrote: »
    I took thread advice and tried mateus, walked away with a 26.88 clear! in-between my last try and this clear I learned how to actually counter buffs like barrier, and picked up burnt offering to make nulfire less of a pain.

locke (SASB)
    tyro (godwall, crit USB)

once I get dark cecil to cap and get his sync online I will probably do dark phys next, since it's just this team except for swapping locke and balthier for decil and vayne.

Be wary that you need an Astra for Lakshmi or you'll eat some nasty status effects during the fight. In my case, I swapped Elarra for Selphie.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg

locke (SASB)
    tyro (godwall, crit USB)

Be wary that you need an Astra for Lakshmi or you'll eat some nasty status effects during the fight. In my case, I swapped Elarra for Selphie.

That depends; if you can blast through her HP fast enough, you’ll skip her Entice and Lullaby spells.

edited May 2020

locke (SASB)
    tyro (godwall, crit USB)

in previous lakshmi tries I was using unicorn, although I do have a pretty decent alma at this point that could carry the only other astra option I have. she has a weird AASB that has no frontloaded heal on it though and her astra USB is the same, so I've run into problems trying to use her on other fights before. elarra is so stupidly good at everything once you have her staples that it feels bad to remove her for any reason...

Torgairon on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I haven't been attempting any 6* Magicites because life is hard enough without having to deal with EnElement Diffusion. I had planned to spend tickets after the Elemental Banner refresh to hopefully get something for Ramuh, but last fest wiped out my Mythril, and I still haven't finished pulling on the refreshed banners.

It looks like I'll finally have enough Mythril to pull the last few Realm/Elemental banners on discount on Sunday, and then I could start spending tickets trying to get a stacking EnEarth + BDL combo for someone for Ramuh (I won't; I'll spend all 15 tickets, get nothing, and get brickwalled by 6* for another 2 months, but it's still the statistically best option).

Here's my question: it took me so long to save up Mythril from the last fest, that the NEXT fest is upon us, with its pay 100 Mythril for any AASB banner. Should I wait for that banner, pick Kelger AASB, which combined with his Glint I already own might get me a Ramuh kill, and keep saving tickets for Leviathan/Ifrit/Shiva/Valefor?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You might as well try ifrit then. Water diffusion is really really low on the priority list in that fight.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Still happens once per phase change, mind.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You might as well try ifrit then. Water diffusion is really really low on the priority list in that fight.

Alas, only 1 water AASB, and it's Edge, who needs his BSB to EnWater, which ugh.

I'll just add that IMHO USB into AASB to deal with diffusion is probably more useful than Glint into AASB for some characters.

Also, there's probably only one fight so far where you can't easily turtle P1 to get all the bars your need and that's Leviathan.

You can't really stall on Ifrit. Every 6 turns he water diffuses you again, Every 4-8 its 3 more stacks of pain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited May 2020
    Ugh. Next week's 5* is Ark. One of the few I can't auto, definitely can't sub30, and one where I'm legitimately not certain my team has really improved much. I guess I have Rydia's AASB now. And... that's it.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Rydia pounding out 160k per turn ought to make that a little easier than whatever you had before.

edited May 2020
    Rydia pounding out 160k per turn ought to make that a little easier than whatever you had before.

Rem with BSB was one of the two primary DPS and who she'll be replacing. And yet, Rem is still "third best holy mage DPS" somehow, behind Rydia and Arc with USB1.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Summons are a godsend against Ark, because the extremely lenient minimum damage calculations on summons mean that Savage Eternal Darkness does basically nothing to reduce a Summoner’s damage output. I use Hope with his radiant shield USB, and he does max damage almost every time with Lunar Dragon.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Quina glint+ on the daily draw, gives regenga free of charge. I only have a ssb for quina, but this is still quite good.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Enlong wrote: »
    Summons are a godsend against Ark, because the extremely lenient minimum damage calculations on summons mean that Savage Eternal Darkness does basically nothing to reduce a Summoner’s damage output. I use Hope with his radiant shield USB, and he does max damage almost every time with Lunar Dragon.

I really need to set up a mage team for Ark. I can sub-30 the fight with my physical holy team but it is an RNG-y mess.

Took almost two weeks, but I now have enough Mythril to finish off the Realm/Elemental banner refreshed discounted draws.

Here we go:
    1 - Wol USB1 (this thing is so old it only deals NE damage)
    2 - Josef USB (party ATK/Haste/Guts, self QC2) Leila USB (like TG Cid's USB)
    11 - Zeid LMR (w-cast), Ayame OSB, Lion G+ (Empowered EnWater)
    Core - Disco and Rainbow dupe. Was just fishing for Tyro AASB anyway.

Overall: Massive disappointment! It was like punching myself in the face for many days, over and over, for no reason or benefit. Back to hibernation I suppose.

Rydia and CoD AASB were the only highlights in 26 draws.

I forgot I had picked up Ovelia USB2, so even without enHoly or a 2x cast LMR, an extra 50k worth of chases is a shitload of extra damage. I kicked out Aerith for her though, and Elarra essentially solo healed. Was confused because the overflow attack seemed to never come. Wondered if someone had a DR shield I didn't notice, or I accidentally blinked it somehow or something. I was just DPSing Ark hard enough that it was literally the last thing he did before he died.

ztrEPtD.gif
    @silence1186 tbh that Josef USB is very useful for Torment.

Leila’s USB not having Enwater is a problem for Ifrit, or at least it will be until we get that nerf. Auto dualcasting Water skills is a neat perk, though, since she can use the Aqua Weakness attack, and burn 2 uses for an Imperil each turn.

Enlong wrote: »
    Leila’s USB not having Enwater is a problem for Ifrit, or at least it will be until we get that nerf. Auto dualcasting Water skills is a neat perk, though, since she can use the Aqua Weakness attack, and burn 2 uses for an Imperil each turn.

Plus, with Phantasms coming, new realm tech without en-element isn't necessarily a wasted draw.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, honing HA are cheap.

In other news, congrats Squall on being my first full 6* dive, and I now have an R5 AoE spellblade ability.

edited May 2020
    Hrm. Got Ayame’s USB on the XI draw. Enice, Retaliate, and boosted crits. Obviously intended to be used with Ice-Touched Blade. Makes me wonder if I should try her against Valefor, even without her Awakening. She’s got an AOE and a single-target option. On the other hand, those tornados are hard to kill in time, and Squall has an Arcane. This would be way better with her Awakening, similar to Cor’s USB.

I’m probably tabling this until I use my next ticket on Ice, so it may not be of consequence just yet.

Enlong on
    Valefor is annoying me. I should ABSOLUTELY be able to beat him. I can actually kill all the tornadoes! But I keep running out of gas :/

Whelp, let's give it another go.

Earth Element Ticket draw(s?):
    1st - Gladio USB dupe, TIFA SASB! When the screen stalled and Dr. Mog appeared, my heart literally leapt.

Okay! We're done here!

Oh, this means I need to end hibernation mode and relearn Ramuh from scratch, huh.

Aaand went and face-rolled Ramuh. Completely different fight. Just punched his stupid face in over and over until he was D E D DEAD!

I'm really happy you got to see that Halo :)

Very good, man. What was your team, if I may be curious? I was using Tifa’s Sync myself, but my clears did ultimately boil down to throwing her OSB a lot in that final phase.