As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I’ve been looking around for deals on Warhammer Fantasy / Age of Sigmar models that I can use as mooks in D&D tabletop sessions.

What kind of mooks? If you let us know what you're looking for we might be able to suggest some cheap ways of getting certain types of models.

For example, if you want some valiant looking knightly models as well as some ghosts/banshees you could get Storm Strike, which has fifteen models for only $40. If you want some evil looking soldiers you could snag some of the old Chaos Warriors off of Ebay fairly cheap, or some old starter set Bloodreavers if you like that aesthetic better.

You could also look at Warhammer Underworlds warbands. Each one is only $30 and comes with anywhere from 3-7 models.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    For cheap models I'd also recommend looking at reaper minis. They have an absurd range of models and all for pretty good prices.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yeah Warhammer Underworlds is a great place to look

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I'd like to dig into Seraphon or Gloomspite Gitz but I already have so much stuff.

I'm flipping my Flesh eater Courts on facebook so I have room for troggoths and dinosaurs. It's always such a tough decision offloading an army.

What is considered a reasonable price for stuff like this?

I’ve been looking around for deals on Warhammer Fantasy / Age of Sigmar models that I can use as mooks in D&D tabletop sessions.

For the most part, assembled and painted run $5-$30 a figure it seems, plus shipping.

So I may just end up getting some brand new ones to build and paint.

The markets I've traded in tend towards 50-70% of retail depending on condition from painted to built to new on sprue.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

What kind of mooks? If you let us know what you're looking for we might be able to suggest some cheap ways of getting certain types of models.

For example, if you want some valiant looking knightly models as well as some ghosts/banshees you could get Storm Strike, which has fifteen models for only $40. If you want some evil looking soldiers you could snag some of the old Chaos Warriors off of Ebay fairly cheap, or some old starter set Bloodreavers if you like that aesthetic better.

You could also look at Warhammer Underworlds warbands. Each one is only $30 and comes with anywhere from 3-7 models.

Until now I have been buying the cheap knockoff generic dnd monsters on amazon, which unpainted, are $18 for 2 sets of 4 (8 total).

I was thinking if i’m buying used GW, then the price should reflect some depreciation compared to new, but most everything on ebay / kijiji is close to new prices, once shipping is included, unless they are missing pieces or have seriously botched paint jobs.

So I thought i would double check here to see what you guys usually see price wise when offloading an army etc.

I may spring for a couple single models or small set of 4 chaos / northmen / dark elf as a recurring rivals / nemesis. (trying to stay away from any seige engine, mounted, or steam punk models)

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Prices are fucked right now because GW only just reopened and isnt at full capacity.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Yea, prices are very messed up. I saw someone selling sprues of 5 plague monks for $15 when a box of 20 is $35. It is insane.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hmm, maybe time to quit my job and become a Stormcast Eternal?

1lzt8m1cswrc.png

• Options
    Whelp, spent some time on the weekend checking out some hobby stores, and then ended up on the GW store, picked up:
    2 different Exalted Hero of Chaos
    Iron skulls iron jaws boys
    Fyreslayers chosen axes
    Steelhearts champions

Really looking forward to them arriving in the next month 😝

Hopefully the combos I picked up will also allow for some very small squad based AoS Underworld style fights

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Echo wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe time to quit my job and become a Stormcast Eternal?

1lzt8m1cswrc.png

Going back to metal minis as well...and old school ones at that. Certainly a bold way to tackle the impression that Age of Sigmar is for kids.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I kind of like the head swap he did with the Medusa
    37kv9nocgall.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/21/from-the-mind-of-mengel-daughters-of-khainegw-homepage-post-2/
    and the tips about painting the snake bodies

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Bought a box of crater gators for BB before they get a price hike again next month.
    On eBay with a 5€ off code, though. Not in the mood to give money directly to gw right now.

honovere on
  • Options
    So I've sold my flesh eater courts in an effort to trim down how many armies I have. I'm grabbing a maggotkin SC box to go with all my 40k nurgle daemons, cuz I love all models nurgley and mentally it's all nurgle so it's all one army.

My local shop has a couple of maggoth lords (I think that's what they're called) and a glotkin box in stock.

I'm new enough to AoS that I'm not yet great at gauging what's good and what's not... Are either of those kids worth picking up?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Conveniently you can play nurgle daemons alongside maggotkin, in AoS they are essentially the same faction!

None of the Maggoth Lords are that great right now (and to be honest haven't been super great throughout the lifetime of the game), so unless you really love the models I'd steer clear for now. Glottkin is in a similar spot, but he is more useable than the Maggoth Lords certainly, and can see some niche use in competitive lists (though most of the time I seem to see them proxied in as a Great Unclean One!) the sculpt is very nice if you're into that nurgle aesthetic though, so if you like the kit you will be able to build lists with the brother's Glott in there that won't immediately fall apart.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    magootkin are near dead last in terms of performance, which is buckwild as they were consistently one of the best factions for the first couple years of AoS 2.0

unfortunately they have been powercrept to oblivion

• Options
    Excellent. Thank you both.

I may buy that glotkin kit just for the sake of painting it, and if he sees the table it's a perk too.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    The glotkin is an old model that still is incredibly impressive

• Options
    Next question... when using the Army builder I've got lots of options that aren't in the maggotkin battletome.

I assume I can add these freely as long as they have the nurgle keyword and still have a legal army, BUT they won't benefit from most command abilities or warscroll bonuses?

Like I could add a Nurgle Marked Chaos Lord on Karkadrak but he wouldn't have any crossover between the maggotkin units for the purposes of buffs and command abilities?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    If its got the Nurgle keyword its affected.

Mixing in Slaves to Darkness (and Clan Pestilens) units is encouraged.

The main thing is these characters are limited to the Mortals parts of the command trait, artifact, and spell list.

and also god help me I promised myself I'd wait for the Lumineth to come out but the price hike news came out and now I'm looking really hard at the sky dorfs.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Ok, awesome.

I love the Karkadrak model and I've been eyeing a verminlord as well.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Whelp, spent some time on the weekend checking out some hobby stores, and then ended up on the GW store, picked up:
    2 different Exalted Hero of Chaos
    Iron skulls iron jaws boys
    Fyreslayers chosen axes
    Steelhearts champions

Really looking forward to them arriving in the next month 😝

Hopefully the combos I picked up will also allow for some very small squad based AoS Underworld style fights

Woohoo! Just got notification that they have printed the shipping labels.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Bought a box of crater gators for BB before they get a price hike again next month.
    On eBay with a 5€ off code, though. Not in the mood to give money directly to gw right now.

I bought mine just before i got fired last year i do mean to paint them just they sit in a bag since I built them or semi built them {leaving helms off or such}

I am now curious how much the starter for the realm lords will be 200+ 250+?

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    In other news I painted my Chaos Lord on Krakadrak in keeping with my armies overall Tzeentch theme.

Krakadrak Chaos Lord
    qqBgzhch.jpg
    YXMRCVdh.jpg
    X2TkhxVh.jpg
    WmeErOph.jpg

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    and also god help me I promised myself I'd wait for the Lumineth to come out but the price hike news came out and now I'm looking really hard at the sky dorfs.

spent 300cad on botes

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    They're good boats!

• Options
    They're good boats!

big boats were out of stock so I had to settle for two small and a medium.

also hurry up on getting that balloon endrinmaster out already.

• Options
    I really rate the baby boats, their stats don't seem like much but your opponent also can't really ignore them cos they're good enough to threaten lightly guarded objectives anywhere on the board.

Could be waiting a while on the dirigible suit unfortunately, going off the last round of dual-box character released they seem to be waiting for the full year's worth of boxes to come out before releasing all the characters separately at the end. Lots of people are just using Brokk as a stand-in cos he kinda sucks.

• Options
    I really hate his hat.

They were originally my choice to get into AoS with but the start collecting having no battleline was such a weird thing. Now all the units in the box are conditional, on top of which two of them plus a big boat are one of the more useful warscroll battalions.

• Options
    absurd hats are the cornerstone of this game!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Speaking of the Lord of Hats, I ordered Nagash plus the skellington Start Collecting box with Arkhan in it, before GW do the June price hike.

Figured I can use the Black Knights as counts-as Kavalos Deathriders.

• Options
    b1bldhj6l6yd.jpg

• Options
    Ok but are there enough skulls

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Ok but are there enough skulls

I mean, I guess it'll have to do.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    skulls for the skull recliner

• Options
    It might look nice but skull carpet has no wear at all

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Eat your heart out, Khorne.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    *Nagash rolls his ankle standing up*

Nagash: "OH DAMN! WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? EVERY! DAMN! TIME!"

Thrall: "Are you alright my Dark Master?"

Nagash: "Do I fucking look alright?! Isn't there anything we can do about these fucking skulls!?"

Thrall: "The skulls are there to create an imposing atmosphere my Dark Master."

Nagash: "Ugh, I know, they look fucking badass."

Thrall: "We could maybe place a glass floor over top my Dark Master."

Nagash: "No, the glass is just going to streak."

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    You look at the Barak Thryng rules that let you use other units with the Duardin tag and you're thinking "okay this lets you use Fyreslayers and CoS Disposessed"

And then you look at the warscrolls and see the there's still warscrolls for the Disposessed and Ironweld units that didn't make it into CoS.

And then you see the units that also didn't make it into the old Disposessed roster also have the Duardin tag.

and then you see the fucking Chaos Hellcannon has the Duardin tag.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    RiP Chaos Hellcanon, you were too beautiful for this world

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Alas my slaves barely knew thee.

This discussion has been closed.