As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I ended up healing RFC yesterday on my shaman, which isn't really notable except that when they started the group a 16 druid was going to heal and we were looking for a tank. Of course like most groups we couldn't find a tank so the druid said she'd tank if needed but "now we need a healer."

I had to volunteer to heal like 4 times before they realized we could just grab another DPS instead. Like I know I signed up as DPS but we're all 14-16, I don't think 4 points in shield talents instead of 4% Mana is gonna make or break the healing experience, y'know? I have all of 3 buttons to heal at this point, I think I can handle it, it's not exactly specialty work at this level!

I received several compliments throughout the run for my "epic healz" and it's like, well, I didn't fall asleep of boredom waiting for the bear to take significant enough damage to warrant casting a heal, and threw a spot heal on the mage or rogue on the rare event when they took damage, is this what qualifies for epic healing in a pug? I thought this was baseline have a pulse healing.

I've had almost no bad experiences pugging in classic, certainly nothing like vanilla, so don't know where the low expectations come from. Usually the worst thing that happens to a group is it breaks up before it starts while searching for a tank.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    There's also an Alliance guild on Fairbanks, if you prefer PVP.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    got my priest trinket out of ZG tonight and folks, 1.5 second gheals are very silly

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Having come back to try Classic again after initial release, I was kind of shocked to see bots taking over and boosts or paid runs being the new normal. Going over to the public forums (which is perilous at best), seems to echo that sentiment. Crazy. Maybe a ban wave will clear some out, but it's kind of a downer to level up my priest and be unable to find a dungeon run with 4 other humans who want to be there for fun. It's probably not as noticeable if you've already got your guild 60 and are in content, but leveling an alt succccckkkks unless you are fine paying for it. I think, ultimately, Classic is a more successful social experiment than game. =P

• Options
    What server/side are you? I've had no real issues running low level dungeons on mankirk horde. I skipped several on my first toon, but now on my second I'm trying to hit all the dungeons at least once (currently 32 and though rfk) and it's been pretty easy. But mankirk is like the busiest server horde side as far as I can tell so lower pop or other faction may not be as successful.

Also there are PLENTY of people trying to sell boosts in LFG but can still usually get a group of you're patient and willing to sift through the spam

If anything I find it tougher to find a pug for the 60 dungeons, particularly scholo/strat as a dps. Like 75% of LFG is 3 dps looking for a tank/healer, another 20% 3 dps and a healer looking for a tank, and when those 5% LFM dps only come by they're filled within literal seconds.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    This is where I detract from the #nochanges crowd.

LFG is a great tool.

What made LFG bad was the cross server portion of it. But simplifying how to find groups within your own server it was fucking amazing at that job. And if you keep the social aspect of being a shithead on your server? Great.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I don't know, if I'm not actively trying to ignore some edgelords spamming racist "commentary" about the protests while trying to put together a scarlet monastery group, is it really classic?

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Maybe it was because of when I leveled more than what or where I leveled, but I've had the worst luck with groups.

On Fairbanks Alliance from launch up to BWL release, the LFG channel was always 100% a tank and healer duo leveling together to prep for raids trying to recruit three mages to AoE every dungeon down. Any groups with hunters/rogues/warriors would just be looking to reserve every good drop and only advertising for...you guessed it...2-3 mages to come AoE everything. Then once everyone had a geared 60 mage alt, the economy exploded and LFG is nothing but people selling runs, up to MC/BWL raids where you tag along and buy gear.

I started leveling on Pagle Alliance after that, and the run selling spam is constant and drowns out everything else. Not just mages or Stockade with paladins. Any group that isn't paying for a tank/healer or has one in guild is out of luck. Even with a guild, we've had to pay for a tank for several of my dungeons past 55. For most of the lower dungeons, I wound up doing them with a 60 in the group, brought in by someone in the run's guild. Once I hit ST, it became impossible to get a group unless everyone was 60 without some shenanigans involved (promising to pass on certain/all items, just coming to do quests, only being there to lockpick doors, etc.). Every day I'd get a half dozen or so people either ignore me or Ignore me when I would respond to any LFG ads while not being a 60 caster.

After doing it three times, I'm really not sure I want to level another 60 the way the Classic economy/ecosystem is now, with everyone having near infinite gold and access to gear that trivializes all content that isn't bleeding edge. People have moved on to selling/farming Strat and ZG. It's ridiculous.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Finding an active guild is pretty much mandatory otherwise you're gonna have a bummer of a time

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Mercade wrote: »
    Finding an active guild is pretty much mandatory otherwise you're gonna have a bummer of a time

About five online on each server now, both were completely empty last night. The next few nights they'll each suddenly have 40+ people online...for about two hours...and then be ghost towns again.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Mercade wrote: »

About five online on each server now, both were completely empty last night. The next few nights they'll each suddenly have 40+ people online...for about two hours...and then be ghost towns again.

Fair enough. I play on Pagle Alliance where it's still crazy populated and has all the symptoms you mentioned, but it's much preferable to a ghost town imo. As for the steamroll factor, the community spent however many years on private servers perfecting and studying the game, which you can't do much about. I think it'd be cool if they opened a few "heroic" servers where all dungeons/raids are tuned up in difficulty.

• Options
    The difficulty is actually fine...when you're running with the proper levels and gear. Just nobody is interested in doing that. They want to AFK in dungeons from 15-60, pay for raid gear, then only actually play BWL. Which I guess will switch to AQ soon.

I actually like playing the game and leveling, which is apparently a weird opinion.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    The game now is so completely different from the game the first month.

It's how she goes but it's unfortunate if you're most interested in that first month play. Quite a few people have quite Classic cause of that not really being an option anymore.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Once Blizzard gets all the phases out and working, they should turn up a new server every couple months. When they advance a phase, a new one is spawned, and when one would reach a phase above Naxx, it merges into the other ones that came before it.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Rius coming at you with another recruitment video for <Reforged Daggers>, newly certified as the 59th fastest guild on the server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfkESrjc6M

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Rius coming at you with another recruitment video for <Reforged Daggers>, newly certified as the 59th fastest guild on the server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfkESrjc6M

look, all that matters is that I successfully leveled my dagger skill to 300 on that fight as a sword rogue.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    On Ragnaros? Would you say your dagger was... reforged?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Logs like that are what make Hunters look bad, but your Hunters did the same DPS as our Hunters on our last buffed run. =/ goddamn melee scaling with world buffs.

• Options
    'you can now enter a maximum of 30 instances per day per realm'

seems like this is going to fuck over people farming hoj/sgc/manual crowd pummeler/jed, and not actually address the rampant bot situation because now they will spread their activity over multiple realms

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Honestly if you're spending more than 6 hours a day farming instances at the maximum rate of 5/hour you should probably take a break anyway

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Honestly if you're spending more than 6 hours a day farming instances at the maximum rate of 5/hour you should probably take a break anyway

20 year old me says nou

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »

20 year old me says nou

20 year old me did the lesser pvp grind. I was in BG or in queue for upwards of 10 hours a day while in university. And then I exclusively used the pvp title and mounts as a reminder to not do that again

• Options
    The last session I played, maybe a week ago, I was leveling in Desolace and I'm pretty sure I was the only non-bot character in the zone

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Might require a proper enchant on my dumb crul but I think the meme lord untamed blade spec is better at the moment to any proper gear for my gnome atm lmao

At least for the way I play

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    lol I just threw out a 29k Sapper Charge in the Suppression Chamber

• Options
    Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

4hjro7ts85sc.png

Dropped off of lab pack trash. This was the second time I've seen them drop in the last month, lol. I had lost the first roll, but not this time XD

• Options
    We saw those drop recently too

• Options
    my guild master has started posting stuff like this, god help us

carapace_plox.jpg?width=783&height=587

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    im very happy for you milk ducks... but I need to speak to you about your weapon decisions..........

axe orc best reason to be orc!!!!

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I don't think we've ever seen those pants drop.

I finally got a CTS on Sunday! It's one of the weapons I really wanted back in the day. Maladath too, but we've only seen 1.

I also won the roll for a Perdition's last night (2 Rogues rolling for offspec), so I almost have the pieces to try out Daggers at some point.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Jasconius wrote: »
    im very happy for you milk ducks... but I need to speak to you about your weapon decisions..........

axe orc best reason to be orc!!!!

To this date, we have had one (1) Deathbringer drop, and a combined total of zero (0) Crul'Shorukh / Doom's Edges.

Since fucking November. Hence, knife life.

(Also, there was a period there when I was going to be Fury/Prot, and Perds/CHT plays into that well. The Aged Core Leather Gloves make it work, anyway; they aren't that too far off from the Flameguards I have tucked away for when I can swap back to Axes. 305 weapon skill is 305 weapon skill. At this point, though? Fuck, I'm gonna have to just get dual Blessed Qiraji Waraxes from AQ40)

milk ducks on
  • Options
    More recruitment video

Watch my minimap in the upper right with Track Dragonkin turned on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYNltEUdcrg

(it's not quite done rendering in 1440p if you want to wait a few mins for that)

• Options
    The next guild really needs to be <Highly Competent>

• Options
    What's really funny to me is I don't even remember saying that

• Options
    It's a shame they didn't keep some achievements in the classic client and toss in "Many Whelps, handle it"

• Options
    Another week, another No Fucking Chromatic Boots.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Huh, they actually went for AQ in the middle of summer.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Huh, they actually went for AQ in the middle of summer.

Timeline has tracked with vanilla pretty consistently. We're like a week or two ahead. Which would put Naxxrammas around the New Year and TBC late spring of 2021.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
This discussion has been closed.