As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Round 1: Start of Action Phase

The Winnu: Select the (7) Technology Strategy Card.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Select the (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Select the (6) Warfare Strategy Card.
    Nekro Virus: Select the (5) Trade Strategy Card.
    Federation of Sol: Select the (3) Politics Strategy Card.
    The Naalu Collective: Select the (4) Construction Strategy Card.
    Trade Goods are placed on the unselected (2) Diplomacy and (8) Imperial Strategy Cards.
    Naalu uses racial ability Telepathy to change their initiative to 0.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (@38thDoe) - (0) Construction
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (1) Leadership
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (3) Politics
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (5) Trade
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (6) Warfare
    The Winnu (discrider) - (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Do we not start with action cards?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

Nope, you only start with your allocated Counters and a Secret Objective card, no Action Cards.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Activate Quann move in with carrier and two infantry drop infantry on quann. end turn.
    I think that is correct.

@Ketar

38thDoE on steam

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Activate Xxehan. Move in one carrier with 2 infantry and land one infantry on each planet.

2/3/2

@MrBody

Ketar on
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Activate Coorneeq system. Move in one carrier with 2 infantry and land one infantry on each planet.

2/3/2

@Phyphor

(whatever happened to Segatai?)

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (still here in the Runeterra thread?)

I remember he won pretty much every TI game he was in.

edited May 2020
    Round 1: Action Phase Update 1

The Naalu Collective: Activate the Quann system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from Druaa. (Orders amended later in the round, see below)
    Land 1 Infantry on Quann.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Activate the Dal Bootha-Xxehan system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier and 2 Infantry from Jol and Nar.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Dal Bootha and Xxehan.
    Federation of Sol: Activate the Coorneeq-Resculon system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier and 2 Infantry from the Sol Home System.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Coorneeq and Resculon.

Current Map: Round 1, Action Phase Update 1

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Winnu: 0 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 0 VP
    Nekro Virus: 0 VP
    Federation of Sol: 0 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 Secret Objective in hand.

Special Objectives

The Winnu (discrider) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 4

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you ativate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor)

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Antivirus)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators (Valefor Assimilator X, Valefor Assimilator Y)

Worlds:
    R - Mordai II (4R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Neural Motivator

Worlds:
    R - Jord (4R, 2I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe)

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    N - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    N - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    N - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    N - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    N - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    N - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    N - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    N - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)
    N - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) - (0) Construction
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (1) Leadership
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (3) Politics
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (5) Trade Current Player
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (6) Warfare
    The Winnu (discrider) - (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited May 2020
    So, Naalu. Border negotion? If you let me have Wellon, I will let you have Albion/Starpoint completely uncontested. You wouldn't have to worry about 2 front from me and Winnu there. It's probably the single best system in the game, but I'd settle for Wellon + border security instead. That would each leave us with 5 planets.

MrBody on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    So, Friend Naalu why do you not carry fighters? Because uh killing your carrier makes my opening much better now, I can very likely get a nice tech and a double move

Assuming you are going to be building ships later on this round I could give you a couple TGs next time during trade for your trouble and future non-hostilities (assuming I win the fight)
    @38thDoe

Phyphor on
    Uhm I forgot that I had them because I was feeling bad about holding up the game and just kind of moved without looking at the map because it was too much effort to do so on my phone.
    Yeah three of them I should have brought some. Ugh.
    There are certain mistakes that only happen online games.

38thDoE on steam

edited May 2020
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Uhm I forgot that I had them because I was feeling bad about holding up the game and just kind of moved without looking at the map because it was too much effort to do so on my phone.
    Yeah three of them I should have brought some. Ugh.
    There are certain mistakes that only happen online games.
    There have been no other actions, so just move them now.
    If you wish

discrider on
    If that's okay with everyone then I will do so.

I made this mistake on Terra Mystica online last week. I forgot priests were component limited and dropped them all on cult tracks and then had an income of 3 priests but received none. I did not win. Its the sort of thing that's really hard to forget when the pieces are in front of you.

38thDoE on steam

I'm gonna need to hear permission from @MrBody, who also took an action after you, and @Phyphor, who pointed out this situation, if you want to be able to revise your action. Not gonna be so lenient once the game gets rolling further.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Oh.
    I am shamed by continued inability to distinguish MrBody and 38th

I'm fine with not rolling it back as well. I'm at fault here.

38thDoE on steam

Sure I'll allow it, but I will argue my case for making the exchange as-is anyway

Naalu first round build is awkward. You have no way to gain CC but really want a carrier, so you either
    1) build 5 GF/fighters and waste 0.5R and still need a carrier
    2) build a carrier + 2 GF/fighters and scrap the destroyer

If I give you 2 TG (free refresh plus an immediate 3:2 exchange) and blow it up, you end up with a carrier + 4 GF/fighter build and keep the destroyer and a spare TG. You're even in total resources and you have made friends with the nekro. Plus quann is in an awkward spot for further expansion anyway

Naalu's tactical action stands as originally commanded, then. Action is still on Phyphor; no rush if there's still negotiations to be performed.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Of course if we both get a kill then I won't actually be able to give you anything this turn according to the rules, but I will owe you

It would be better with a destroyer

38thDoE on steam

I'll allow the fighter movement. There's nothing worse than being crippled by a bad opening move from the start. @MrBlarney

Presumably I would also have to be ok with the fighter movement since I took an action after 38thDoe. And it's fine with me.

Right, I missed you in the administration. So there you go. 38thDoe, even though you declared that you'd be fine not rolling things back, it seems like everyone's okay with you doing so. Ball's in your court to continue negotiations with Nekro and to make an official declaration on your initial action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I'll bring two fighters with the carrier and a destroyer. Only land one infantry on the planet. @Phyphor maybe we can negotiate destroying a destroyer later.

38thDoE on steam

@MrBody I need to pass through wellon is that acceptable?

38thDoE on steam

Amendments have been made to Naalu's first action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Trade. Everyone can have a free refresh if they promise a TG at first opportunity
    @ketar @discrider @38thDoe @A Half Eaten Oreo @MrBody

Sure

38thDoE on steam

Agree to give 1 TG when possible for a refresh of commodities.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Agree.

Sure

edited May 2020
    Sol says yes.

What were the trade rules again? Can only trade if you're neighbors, but it opens up to everyone once the council starts meeting?

MrBody on
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    @MrBody I need to pass through wellon is that acceptable?

How soon?

MrBody wrote: Β»
    What were the trade rules again? Can only trade if you're neighbors, but it opens up to everyone once the council starts meeting?
    That's correct, transactions can only be performed if you have units or planets in neighboring systems, except for the Agenda phase where transactions can be performed between any pairs of players. There is a limit of one transaction per pair of players per action or Agenda card.

All players have chimed in regarding the Trade primary; @Phyphor, make an official judgment on your commodity refreshes to complete your action (and move on to the secondary, if necessary).

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Okay refreshes all around!

@A Half Eaten Oreo

@A Half Eaten Oreo Can we be friends? We would like to be friends. I attempted to indicate so by sending the absolute minimum force necessary to the Dal Bootha system, and would love it if we could come to a mutually agreeable long-lasting peace.

We would also like to propose a 4:4 trade of commodities when you move into the Bereg-Lirta system.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Activate Bereg/Lirta IV.
    Move in 1 Destroyer.
    Move Carrier with 2 fighters and 2 infantry.
    Land one infantry on each planet.

We have no interest in violence, we just want to expand and explore the galaxy.

I re-propose/accept the 4:4 trade as we are now neighbors.

T: 2
    F: 3
    S: 2

@discrider unless we need @Ketar to confirm the trade.

Confirm 4:4 commodity trade with Creuss.

Activate Wellon-Zohbat
    Move in everything
    1 infantry lands on each planet
    @38thDoe