As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Patch 8.2.5, shorter version: J. Allen Brack is a big Meanie

1929394959698»

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Sterica wrote: »
    lol it’s literally blood elves in Alliance the way they set it up.

Blizz decided to do Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to sell their stupid "from my point of view, the Light is actually evil" plotline instead of what Alliance players actually asked for: High Elves and Broken. That and just plain stubbornness. The damage is done, so now got to deal with it, and the solution is this compromise.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    light's good actually

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    boy they really know how to twist my arm to get me to come back to retail

when do the new customization options go life, prepatch?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Can we still be mad at Blizzard for saying that blue eyes were npc only and then giving them to both BE and VE?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Compromise solution: now there's just one neutral race called Elf, and you can make them look however you want.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

That's usually the way it goes, I wouldn't think they'd do it any differently this time around.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

I don’t think they’ve mentioned them being an expansion feature, so I imagine it’ll be in 9.0, yeah. It would be...very bad optics to have “be black” behind a paywall.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    if there's one thing to remember about corruption, it's to always make sure you run a safe amount

jad94cauc5d1.png

34nipyxvu3rp.png

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I mean, I'm still of the mind that way back in the day, like when WoW was first created, they should have gone with a tri-faction system. It should have been Horde, Alliance, and Outcasts.

The Horde should have been the traditional Horde races that were represented in the WC2 and WC3 campaigns as part of the "Orc" faction, meaning Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Goblins. To me, that is the backbone of the Horde.

The way they tacked the Forsaken onto the Horde has never sat right with me. It feels like they had this fourth faction that was leftover from the WC3 campaign and they didn't know what to do with them so they just made up some pretty half-assed lore for why they joined the Horde. But I still think that was the wrong move.

There should have been a 3rd faction in WoW called the Outcasts. This third faction could have included the Forsaken, the Blood Elves, and any other races that didn't really fit within the already well established faction alignment of the Alliance and Horde.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I mean, isn't that kind of the theming of Thrall's horde, though? That they are the outcasts who didn't fit elsewhere on Azeroth?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I mean, isn't that kind of the theming of Thrall's horde, though? That they are the outcasts who didn't fit elsewhere on Azeroth?

Also, adding something different to what are similar aesthetics (Human/Dwarf/Gnome and Orc/Troll/Tauren) makes things interesting.

Forums are well, mostly happy, but there's a lot of drama like usual:
    • People that specifically wanted their UI to say "High Elf X". Like, who cares.
    • People that wanted Blond Hair instead of several flavors of goth hair colors. Ok I guess.
    • People that wanted Paladins, because people always want Paladins and Druids for their races, those are on the top 3 most popular classes (#1 is Hunter).
    • People mad because the Alliance is taking their stuff and "the Horde is getting nothing in exchange." Besides being blatantly untrue, acting like a spoiled little brother speaks of the maturity of those players.

Like, Wildhammer Dwarves are getting the same treatment and they aren't making this temper tantrum since you can roleplay your guy like you want. (And purple/blue skin colors only are vastly limiting for transmog).

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think the idea is if you have 3 factions no one side will become the defacto faction like horde has for some reason.

Three factions works pretty well for large PvP games, kind of almost in a rock/paper/scissor kind of way.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I think the idea is if you have 3 factions no one side will become the defacto faction like horde has for some reason.

Three factions works pretty well for large PvP games, kind of almost in a rock/paper/scissor kind of way.

That assumes that this is a large PvP game or that the faction divide for guilds and instanced content is something worth keeping. The former is obviously not true and I heavily disagree with the latter.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    *snip*
    • People that wanted Paladins, because people always want Paladins and Druids for their races, those are on the top 3 most popular classes (#1 is Hunter).

I'm of the mind that there should be no class restrictions. Period. If a gnome wants to be a druid, let 'em. There are so many exceptions in the lore that imposing these rules on the player just feels unnatural. Of course, I feel that way for any game. Not just WoW.

I think Vulpera would make great druids.

And like... Kul Tirans are literally just portly humans. If Kul Tirans can be druids, why can't Stormwind humans? It's not like their physiology prevents it. And if a Zandalari troll can learn to wield the light as a paladin, why can't a default troll? Especially since the default trolls can be holy priests. Same thing for Forsaken. If Forsaken can be Holy priests, why can't they be Paladins? Especially since they might have been a paladin in life, before they were raised as Forsaken.

And in the Paladin class hall, one of your class hall champions is a Night Elf paladin. So why can't Night Elves be paladins?

Why can't Draenei be warlocks? The Draenei and Eredar are the same thing (just red and blue versions of the same race), and Eredar have warlocks galore.

Every race should be allowed to be every class.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    I would've been a goblin monk like the one in the class hall AGES AGO

This discussion has been closed.