As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited October 2022 in Games and Technology

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Also, previously exclusive skins are part of the general loot pool in the afterlife.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    OP updated.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Cards are a mistake too because they emphasize the wrong thing, and without context. Like, it's better to do exactly enough to kill someone in a rapid burst than poke for more damage that just gets healed up. But the second looks better on cards.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    chance imagine u were this tracer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i22yZvRX7M

obF2Wuw.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    that mid-air shot on Zarya was sexy

If you stand around in the open against a bastion, with no cover and nowhere near a shield, lack of healing is not the problem.

Where is the giant voice that bellows “your positioning sucks!”? There needs to be a voice line for that.

All I want is for my dps not to overextend and throw points for no reason. Is that too much to ask? And they never learn. It happens over and over and they never fucking learn.

I'd rather die

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If you decide to pull Paris and Horizon from comp play, either pull it from QP too or make people who leave those maps in other modes be banned for a day, minimum. They should be called 3 drop maps because a minimum of three people are going to quit the map 30 seconds into it.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Why does every match where we crush them to the end area result in defeat?

This game seems to have some real bullshit catchup

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ZekZek Registered User regular

What sort of catchup do you think is happening, exactly? Some teams don't start coordinating properly until they know they're about to lose, both on offense and defense.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Also if you're talking about QP, if both teams are equally (un)coordinated, the defending team tends to have the advantage, especially at last point.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If you decide to pull Paris and Horizon from comp play, either pull it from QP too or make people who leave those maps in other modes be banned for a day, minimum. They should be called 3 drop maps because a minimum of three people are going to quit the map 30 seconds into it.

You know when somebody orders a pizza but there's some topping that nobody really likes? Playing horizon is sort of like that.

Honestly all the 2cp maps feel equally bad to me, I've never understood why Horizon is hated so much more than Hanamura

All 2CP maps suck omnic ass, but Horizon gives too much to defense on both maps.

And FFS can we please have earthshatter reworked? I'm sick of never knowing exactly how far it travels, how wide it travels, and how high it travels yet constantly getting hit by it. Maybe, just maybe for a tank so OP in everything else, his ultimate can maybe be nerfed just a bit.

Earthshatter will never, ever work the way the devs want it to. It's their curse, their burden to carry into oblivion.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    It's funny that the Paladins version of the ult is ridiculously consistent, and on a character who can straight up spam it.

You really have to wonder what the fuck is going on in the spaghetti code that makes it so hard for them to get it working right, or at the very least, working consistently. Like nobody would care in the slightest if the animation was a little weird on edge cases like staircases or weird geometry as long as it was fucking consistent, both using it and getting hit by it. And so many things about it are just fucking bafflingly insane design decisions, like the pseudo-projectiles extending from Rein's feet instead of at the animation point, or how payloads are a fake object that behave differently from every other object.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Someone a while back on the forums mentioned it having the hitbox of a thousand miniature Torbjorn hitboxes thrown out like a shotgun and the more I see Earthshatter in the wild the closer I get to believing it unironically

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Charge also doesn't work consistently.

edited June 2020
    Your friendly reminder that Reinhardt's barrier (any barrier actually) can cause projectiles to teleport through walls.

Also, fire strike pierces walls even without that bug.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXSLlqpKWyA

You know, a Mei rework that just gives her this kit would be... pretty nice.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I got a card for calling 9 mechs in a match as D.Va recently. I'm not sure that one is meant to be a compliment.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    eyppv6w5cwgr.png

food for thonk

obF2Wuw.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    eyppv6w5cwgr.png

food for thonk

Random.....every fight......hmmm......

Using the angles or not, if you aren't spamming as Junkrat you're playing him wrong, you only non-spam at the very beginning to sneak attack on some maps and then blast back to your team with a dab. You should have 15% accuracy at most.

That Zarya skin isn't that good IMO, looks too much like a rejected WoW elf than an alien with maybe 20% asari from Mass Effect added.

And just a heads up, they put the experiment card from two weeks ago to live today minus the Moira nerf, so that's going to be great with a BS Genji. But they also added competitive open queue as well as priority queue for people whose games were cancelled by assholes leaving early

I just had a game where my team’s mercy would just stand there while wrecking ball would shoot at her from high ground and the tanks wouldn’t peel at all. The Moira faded forward every fight in front of the twin shield and got blown up instantly.

I tried to gently point this out but then realized it was a 5 stack that honestly didn’t think it was throwing and that it was my fault for not doing enough damage.

Once again, I increasingly believe dunning Kruger is the driving force of the universe.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    hahahahahah that OWL skin is so fuckin stupid

sometimes u gotta infiltrate the backline and take out a critical target

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56D2nILLzY

and when ur frankly somewhat drunk the rodent gains energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-gM6PzWi7g

obF2Wuw.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zek wrote: »

What sort of catchup do you think is happening, exactly? Some teams don't start coordinating properly until they know they're about to lose, both on offense and defense.

Haha sooo I was kinda salty and a bit tipsy when I posted that and forgot about it!

But truly it was a frustrating night, and catchup maybe wasn't the right word, but like 4 or 5 games where we would straight bulldoze the payload to the final area, and then a combo of respawn times, travel distance, difficult to penetrate final area, and tanky defense characters just made it so so hard to get it that last 100 feet and it ended in failure. It was just baffling

It didn't help that peppered between I had some of those join-in-progress matches where it threw me on the losing team like 20 seconds before Failure pops up.

Anyway, sorry to roll in complaining. I just picked this back up during the Anniversary after like... at least a year? Sigma is a lot of fun! How do I be a better Sigma?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited June 2020
    It remains frustrating to play against echo and pharah without people who can hitscan.

Also, from observation, dps players have the worst game sense out of the three roles.

sanstodo on
    Also people will blocked profiles tend to suck.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I feel like trashmouse's tire needs its HP reduced to something more manageable given it's hitbox and maneuverability.

steam_sig.png
    I hate you so much, competitive open queue:

vCXUApV.png

I'm really hoping next week they actually do decent experiments because the game is the worst it has been in a good while. The recent buffs and lack of fixing the characters that were broken mixed with the smurfs and just griefers like the above game just make it unplayable. I'm down to just trying to win one game a day, maybe two if the first one is a stomp, then tapping out and playing something else.

edited June 2020
    strong disagree. the recent buffs are fine, no characters are actually broken right now, and griefers and smurfs are no worse than they've ever been.

the current default meta of double shield is...not the most exciting, but it's nothing compared to say goats or moth meta. it's not perfect, but "the worst it has been in a good while" smacks of hyperbole based on recency bias (you seem to make this same post every couple of months).

also, I don't know what you expect out of competitive open queue. it's a clown show and has been since they added it.

Houk the Namebringer on
    A few months ago before Echo launched I said it was actually in the best place it's been since before Bridget and they just needed to work on clear problems like Mei and Moira. But then they kept hitting everything else with a hammer instead so when everything is broken nothing looks out of place. Now with those two still being problems, they've just been joined with Rein, Ashe, Genji (those three being broken) and Echo, Bridget and Sigma, while still power creeping like crazy.

And outside of OWL, double shield is definitely worse than goats because it's fewer pieces providing equal to or greater results of goats and being unable to work around because of role queue. Moth meta is a nice summer breeze compared to the other stuff because it was at least just one character you knew you had to pick, not three or four.

The lower I get in tank SR, the more impossible to play it gets. I block shatters and call the counter shatter, but my teammates run away or miss shots on stationary targets. Hogs feed and never hit hooks. I get no healing.

I try call outs but people react so slowly and/illogically that it’s counterproductive.

It’s just miserable, even when winning because the other team is simply more dysfunctional.

I’m basically never queueing for tank again unless they do a reset. It’s too depressing.

Yeeeah. I tried three games today.

The first, someone picked DVa, and that was enough to make both our DPS throw. One of them went Sombra and literally never shot, only hacked people. The other said something like "LOL who the fuck picks DVa anymore, guess we're throwing," and then hard fed as Genji. Like, every time he spawned, ran straight into the enemy, dashed through them, deflected, then died. So our Orisa switched to Hog. It didn't help that the DVa was genuinely bad and being farmed by the enemy Zarya, but jesus fuck. 20 seconds into the game, and 3 people were throwing.

The second had a Bastion who spammed one of the high pitched beepy voice lines nonstop. I squelched him the first chance I had a free moment, but that was enough to set off arguing in chat that went on the entire fucking match.

The third was blissfully quiet, uneventful, and we were winning... until all of a sudden our Winston goes "No peel, GG" and leaves. First thing that anybody said at all that wasn't like "My ultimate is ready." While we were winning.

ztrEPtD.gif