As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
edited October 2020 in Social Entropy++
the eternal thread

unyielding, undying

3cl1ps3 on

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Okay but what does Mary Berry think of Taco Bell

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    KetBra wrote: »
    Okay but what does Mary Berry think of Taco Bell

"Scrunchwrap supreme."

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Lot of soggy bottoms from the Bell.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I made sausage gravy this morning with sweet Italian sausage, and biscuits of course, and it was all delicious.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    you know those "X tries food from a different country" youtubes, I think I would watch a whole channel of Mary Berry reacting to American fast food.

mostly cause she reminds me of my grandmother who once managed to baffle a McDonalds employee by moseying in and asking for a hamburger.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    you know those "X tries food from a different country" youtubes, I think I would watch a whole channel of Mary Berry reacting to American fast food.

mostly cause she reminds me of my grandmother who once managed to baffle a McDonalds employee by moseying in and asking for a hamburger.

I can't help but think there's more to this story.

Not really
    they kind of stared at each other for a while and the girl said " ... a cheeseburger?" and she said " A hamburger" and the girl said "... a big mac?" and she said "a hamburger" and eventually they gave her something and she seemed happy, though I'm not sure what it was.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ...does McDonalds not sell hamburgers anymore? I feel like they used to, at least in the states. I haven't been to one in years, though.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I don't think it's on the menu, and thus doesn't have a button on the register, so you have to say "cheeseburger with no cheese"

Now I kind of wish your grandma and Mary Berry and Marc Maron would just spend a movie wandering around Las Vegas all night for some plot reason.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I made Mary Berry’s recipe for spiced orange cake (featured in a Master Class episode, I later learned) for my birthday, and it was delicious. My cake turned out really fragile, but I think that’s because I don’t have any self-raising flour, and so compensated with extra baking powder.

In any case, it’s a really neat recipe. When I say it’s an orange cake, I mean that one of the ingredients is an entire skin-on orange, boiled until softened, and then blended into a pulp to flavor the cake and the frosting. I’ve never seen orange used in quite that way in baking before, and it’s a technique I’m totally keeping.

Enlong on
    edited May 2020
    3clipse wrote: »
    ...does McDonalds not sell hamburgers anymore? I feel like they used to, at least in the states. I haven't been to one in years, though.

This was in Australia in the nineties so while I couldn't give you an exact rundown I can say with confidence that the Australian McDonald's did not, in my teens, have anything called a hamburger on their public menu. I think Chris used to work there, he might know more.

tynic on
    edited May 2020
    Opty wrote: »
    I don't think it's on the menu, and thus doesn't have a button on the register, so you have to say "cheeseburger with no cheese"

Back in the day, there used to be a cheap meal deal for two cheeseburgers. On one memorable Science Olympiad trip, my lactose-intolerant high school girlfriend and I spent a very frustrating five minutes trying to convey the idea of a "two cheeseburger combo, one with no cheese " to a hapless Alamogordo McDonald's employee.

She ended up just picking the cheese off and hoping for the best.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Plain hamburgers are definitely on the menu around here (Chicago-ish) and always have been in my lifetime.

He would probably actually be a flame-wielding hero called Guy Fiery.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Fiery Guy

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    That's definitely Guy Fieri's O face and I won't be told otherwise.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

I had never wanted to think about his O face and now I have. Thank you for that.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    It’s the face he needs for a Triple D.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I can confirm plain hamburgers are on the (American, east coast) McD's menu because 1-2 of them and a large fries is my order.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    JFC

I took two bagels out of the cupboard. I checked them for mold. They aren't that old but I checked. I checked the inner surfaces of the bagels mostly I guess.

Nothing.

I toast them.

I finish my burgers. Yes, two thin patties. I put cheese on them.

While they are finishing up on the frying pan, I put them on my plate.

I put the damn cheeseburger patties one on top of each other and on top of the bottom half of the bagel.

I close the bagel and take a bite.

I look at the burger and the goddamn top half outside looks like it has a mold spot, luckily not where I bit.

The question is - I looked at the insides of the bagel again before I tossed it and saw no weird or moldy spots.

The one bite of the burger tasted fine and it doesn't look like anything weird transferred to it.

I took a different (brand new) package of rolls and transferred the burger to it (and put it all on a new plate).

Is it safe to eat?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Yeah, just remove any parts with mold on them.

Mold that grows on food is unlikely to do anything beyond making you feel kind of queasy if you eat it, anyway.

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    The nearest Taco Bell is just far enough a drive where it's not worth it getting drive-thru and bringing it back to my apartment, because it gets soggy and cold, too far away for delivery, and obviously the actual dining area is closed

Y'all I miss Taco Bell so much

Mold that grows on food is unlikely to do anything beyond making you feel kind of queasy if you eat it, anyway.

The mold wasn't even on the burger, just the bread, so it may just have briefly touched. I would normally throw it away but I'm too tired to cook again and my meat came out perfectly. Fuck it. I'm doing it.

Thanks for the response.

Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    The nearest Taco Bell is just far enough a drive where it's not worth it getting drive-thru and bringing it back to my apartment, because it gets soggy and cold, too far away for delivery, and obviously the actual dining area is closed

Just buy a blowtorch. It'll make any food crispy. Even tacos!

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

The mold wasn't even on the burger, just the bread, so it may just have briefly touched. I would normally throw it away but I'm too tired to cook again and my meat came out perfectly. Fuck it. I'm doing it.

Thanks for the response.

You'll be fine. A touch of mold won't hurt anything.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    My double cheeseburger was amazing.

It would have been a goddamn crime against humanity if I had let something like a little bit of poisonous killer flying purple death mold stop me from eating it.

Taco Bell's natural habitat is being devoured furtively in the Taco Bell parking lot. Think outside the bun.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Basically all "good" cheese you can find has had the mold scraped off it before it got packaged. And for some cheeses, they keep the mold intact.

If you find mold on organic rye bread, though, toss that shit. It's not worth the risk of ergotism.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

I had never wanted to think about his O face and now I have. Thank you for that.

Guy Fieri having an orgasm is not something my extremely high brain can navigate right now

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Guy Fieri having an orgasm is not something my extremely high brain can navigate right now

Try this on for size.

He’s just a guy.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I have not had Taco bell for this reason as it is a 7+ mile ride to it and I feel it's not worth the trip

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Try this on for size.

He’s just a guy.

Yeah I mean, that’s his name

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I made BA's Best meatloaf but I misread the recipe and mixed the glaze into the mixture instead of just brushing it over the top so the loaf was way too wet and spread on the baking sheet so it's all flat. I am gutted because I love meatloaf but my wife doesn't like it so I only get to cook it occaisionally.

I take a pro-mold stance in general.

sarukun wrote: »

Try this on for size.

He’s just a guy.

Yeah I mean, that’s his name

But he's also a guy.

And, y'know, guys pop off from time to time.

tynic wrote: »
    I take a pro-mold stance in general.

Mold is important and I do not want it in my house.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    The meatloaf spread and was very wet and loose (lol) but fuck it was delicious. I'm going to utilize the leftovers by crisping them up in a pan.

This discussion has been closed.