As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    ...does McDonalds not sell hamburgers anymore? I feel like they used to, at least in the states. I haven't been to one in years, though.

This was in Australia in the nineties so while I couldn't give you an exact rundown I can say with confidence that the Australian McDonald's did not, in my teens, have anything called a hamburger on their public menu. I think Chris used to work there, he might know more.

oh? do you think chris might be willing to talk about his time at mcdonald's? do you think he might do that, if you asked, or even if you didn't????

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    The meatloaf spread and was very wet and loose (lol) but fuck it was delicious. I'm going to utilize the leftovers by crisping them up in a pan.

Sounds like you had yourself a happy little accident.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Patent your Meatsheet immediately

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I looked at yesterdays leftover takeaway and thought "this could be one big meal or two small ones
    ... fuck it let's eat the big meal" and now I've had to unbutton my pants and am full of regret.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    The nearest Taco Bell is just far enough a drive where it's not worth it getting drive-thru and bringing it back to my apartment, because it gets soggy and cold, too far away for delivery, and obviously the actual dining area is closed

Y'all I miss Taco Bell so much

Go to the drive-thru, park in the nearest empty parking lot, and eat it in your car.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    The nearest Taco Bell is just far enough a drive where it's not worth it getting drive-thru and bringing it back to my apartment, because it gets soggy and cold, too far away for delivery, and obviously the actual dining area is closed

Go to the drive-thru, park in the nearest empty parking lot, and eat it in your car.

Remember to make direct, prolonged eye contact with the other three cars doing the same thing.
    That way it feels like you're not gorging on Taco Bell alone.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

The authentic Taco Bell experience.

steam_sig.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I don't think it's on the menu, and thus doesn't have a button on the register, so you have to say "cheeseburger with no cheese"

As of three years ago when I worked at a McDonalds hamburgers are on the menu and in fact have their own wrapper (same as the cheeseburger but white with brown writing instead of yellow with orange) at lest in the USA

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The one bad thing about Great British Baking show is that it constantly reminds me how savory pastries are just not a thing in America, or at least not my part, and so I can't eat them

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i don't think i do have access to GBB.

but I have been watching the Big Family Cookoff Showdown thing on my netflix and yeah.

I much prefer cooking competitions from anywhere not USA.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    There is a pasty restaurant a couple miles from my house that is pretty good. You can order online and have UPS deliver it but shipping food isn't cheap. It will be nice when all this shit is over and I can safely go get one and a pint.

steam_sig.png

but I have been watching the Big Family Cookoff Showdown thing on my netflix and yeah.

If you can get hold of The Chef's Line, it's extremely dorky but adorable.

* Though the woolworth's brand placement is a bit offputting (to me) (but woolies have a pretty sordid history in australian indigenous communities)

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The one bad thing about Great British Baking show is that it constantly reminds me how savory pastries are just not a thing in America, or at least not my part, and so I can't eat them

Well, if you’ve got flour, butter, an oven, and stuff to put in a pastry, you could try your hand at making some.

That show is actually what got me to try making my own pie dough and up my meat pie game, for instance.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

If you can get hold of The Chef's Line, it's extremely dorky but adorable.

* Though the woolworth's brand placement is a bit offputting (to me) (but woolies have a pretty sordid history in australian indigenous communities)

i do have it on my netflix.

but it stops midseason!

I was promised Indian Week and It NEVER happened!

Enlong wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Well, if you’ve got flour, butter, an oven, and stuff to put in a pastry, you could try your hand at making some.

That show is actually what got me to try making my own pie dough and up my meat pie game, for instance.

I don't have the space in my kitchen. There's literally no counter I could do anything like baking.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Oh dear.

We don't really have a culture of fried chicken in Denmark and I think we only have 6 KFC's in the country, but there's a local restaurant with the same basic concept (plus flame grilled rotisserie chicken). Only issue was that they didn't do delivery and it's just far enough away to make it an awkward walk, so generally it's just a once-in-a-while pickup on the way home from work and that hasn't really been a thing lately, for several reasons.

But now they've re-opened with no seating but with delivery.

That could be dangerous. And delicious. Dangelicious?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    delingerous

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    danger zone

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got some of those "simply" Pop-Tarts. I was a fan of the basic frosted strawberry ones in my youth and these simply strawberry ones are very good without being as horrifically sweet. The apple cinnamon ones are also pretty okay.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I can't find the simply ones at Walmart, just the super exclusive green apple ones. Which I didn't buy because I wanted the simply and I don't settle.

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    My wife and I were having a discussion at dinner of what our March Madness-style food tournament #1 seeds would be. Setting criteria of only "meal" type foods (i.e. no obviously dessert items) and trying to and man it got surprisingly tough picking my top four.

I went with:
    Pad Thai
    Indian curry (kind of a cheaty catch-all but I love so many different dishes I couldn't pick just one)
    pizza
    gyro/shawarma

But then I'm like, what about sushi, or pho, or tacos, or BBQ, or a myriad of other things?? Just now typing this up I realized I didn't even consider any breakfast foods. This project is going to need more thought, I think.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I got some of those "simply" Pop-Tarts. I was a fan of the basic frosted strawberry ones in my youth and these simply strawberry ones are very good without being as horrifically sweet. The apple cinnamon ones are also pretty okay.

I think in the video where ProZD tries all the Poptarts he mentions that the Simply ones are very good. I think I'll try to find some too, I've got a hankering after watching the BA Gourmet Makes Poptarts videos.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

I think in the video where ProZD tries all the Poptarts he mentions that the Simply ones are very good. I think I'll try to find some too, I've got a hankering after watching the BA Gourmet Makes Poptarts videos.

That is specifically why I got them. He is not wrong.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I had Eggs Benedict and they're delicious

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's not for nothing people have been eating eggs benedict for over a century

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    There was a time when I made eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce from scratch

it's fucking good as hell

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    There was a time when I made eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce from scratch

it's fucking good as hell

I want to do that someday, but sooo lazy.

steam_sig.png
    .I like the brunch trend of making eggs benedict but replacing the ham with other shit. Like lox benedict, bacon benedict, lobster benedict, fried chicken benedict, etc.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I do not care for hollandaise. It's a shame.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Tonight’s dinner is:

My own homemade chil. With melted shredded Mexican cheese blend. Atop a cornucopia of Sweet Chili Doritos (TM). (Ignore the fork, that’s just a garnish.)

image.jpg

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Drez this is the second time I've seen plastic flatware in one of your pictures! Are you allergic to metal, or do you just hate doing dishes that much?

Edit: that might actually just be black metal?

Pinfeldorf on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Oh dear.

We don't really have a culture of fried chicken in Denmark and I think we only have 6 KFC's in the country, but there's a local restaurant with the same basic concept (plus flame grilled rotisserie chicken). Only issue was that they didn't do delivery and it's just far enough away to make it an awkward walk, so generally it's just a once-in-a-while pickup on the way home from work and that hasn't really been a thing lately, for several reasons.

But now they've re-opened with no seating but with delivery.

That could be dangerous. And delicious. Dangelicious?

https://youtu.be/Mmrs9GYkbqg

icGJy2C.png
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Drez this is the second time I've seen plastic flatware in one of your pictures! Are you allergic to metal, or do you just hate doing dishes that much?

It’s black stainless steel. But it does look plasticky, I guess. My roommate said the same thing.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

I dunno what this qualifies as but this is the calibre of content I demand from the bad food thread, 10/10 on this 0/5 water sausage

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    I’ve consulted with some people and turns out it’s a low-cal haggis

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    those words together hurt my soul

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

It’s black stainless steel. But it does look plasticky, I guess. My roommate said the same thing.

Yeah I have those too, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Silverware-Stainless-Tableware-Restaurant-Dishwasher/dp/B07JW812TS/

Target sells a couple of these too, they're neat looking. They start to lose their color after like 4 years though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    bowen wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Yeah I have those too, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Silverware-Stainless-Tableware-Restaurant-Dishwasher/dp/B07JW812TS/

Target sells a couple of these too, they're neat looking. They start to lose their color after like 4 years though.

That’s literally the exact set I bought, @bowen

I do like them for now.

This discussion has been closed.