As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

19596979899101»

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »
    If Crystal Chronicles doesn’t have local multi, doesn’t that negate like... its whole conceit as a game?

Not really. A large part of the game was secret goals for each player, and the GBA controller scheme allowed that to happen thanks to the extra screen. Now for those goals to stay secret each player needs their own screen

It is a bummer if it does indeed lack local multiplayer, but I wouldn't say it's central to the game.

We know there isn't couch coop anymore, but will there be local wireless?

what?!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Don't know if anyone else really cares, but I picked up two of the spaceships for Starlink, Neptune and Pulse, for $1 each at Dollar Tree up here in Maine. Given I only paid $10 for the starter pack at Best Buy around Christmas, I feel like I've gotten a fair amount out of my investment. I've seen that some folks are finding more ships at their stores, so I'll probably go back out later this week and see if they got any more in. The Neptune ship is really quite impressive - bulky and well detailed.

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Eh, it's not 100% dissimilar, but I wouldn't say "If you are good are Xenoblade 2 combat, you'll be good at Xenoblade 1 combat"

Both games have a party of 3, and you'll auto attack a targeted enemy between using abilities. But there are no blades in Xenoblade, so no blade switching. But you have a lot more abilities at your disposal. And there are still chain attacks, although they work slightly differently. You do still have a break, topple, etc mechanic. Although it goes break, topple, daze instead of break, topple, launch, smash? I also don't think it matters if you sync up your special attacks with your auto attacks the way Xenoblade 2 kind of made it a rhythm thing to build up your special gauge?

All in all, it's a less sophisticated combat system. Then again, at the moment I'm only up to Chapter 3? Chapter 4? And Xenoblade 2 was rolling out new combat mechanics for several chapters as well. So who really knows!

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    If Crystal Chronicles doesn’t have local multi, doesn’t that negate like... its whole conceit as a game?

Not really. A large part of the game was secret goals for each player, and the GBA controller scheme allowed that to happen thanks to the extra screen. Now for those goals to stay secret each player needs their own screen

It is a bummer if it does indeed lack local multiplayer, but I wouldn't say it's central to the game.

what?!

Apparently it was a rumor because they only talked about the online stuff? It's there!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

what?!

Apparently it was a rumor because they only talked about the online stuff? It's there!

oh thank goodness!

• Options
      PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

what?!

I'm really curious how that works on iOS though. :rotate:

Steam: Polaritie
      3DS: 0473-8507-2652
      Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
      PSN: AbEntropy
    • Options
      So I played Xenoblade for the first time on the New 3DS, because by the time I heard it was good, copies for the Wii were $100, and it wasn't on the Wii U eshop yet I don't think?

I burned out hard doing endless sidequest, because I couldn't help myself. I also recall many of the sidequest being insanely frustrating because the names Xenoblade chooses for creatures are super easy for me to forget. So I constantly had to look up which version of a Bunnit I was supposed to be killing again? And they weren't always easy to find either.

The QOL improvements on quest tracking alone make this a breath of fresh air. And a super chill game to just dick around in for hours. I feel like it's just easier to find who and what I'm looking for all around. I do feel some slight regret that it's so easy, as being able to teleport all over the place and manipulate what time it is at will makes the world feel a little less of it's own. A little less real. But I think with the raw quantity and variety of sidequest in this game, it's a necessary improvement.

Feels so good to lose myself in another world, with all the... things... happening.

• Options
      DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
      Namrok wrote: »
      So I played Xenoblade for the first time on the New 3DS, because by the time I heard it was good, copies for the Wii were $100, and it wasn't on the Wii U eshop yet I don't think?

I burned out hard doing endless sidequest, because I couldn't help myself. I also recall many of the sidequest being insanely frustrating because the names Xenoblade chooses for creatures are super easy for me to forget. So I constantly had to look up which version of a Bunnit I was supposed to be killing again? And they weren't always easy to find either.

The QOL improvements on quest tracking alone make this a breath of fresh air. And a super chill game to just dick around in for hours. I feel like it's just easier to find who and what I'm looking for all around. I do feel some slight regret that it's so easy, as being able to teleport all over the place and manipulate what time it is at will makes the world feel a little less of it's own. A little less real. But I think with the raw quantity and variety of sidequest in this game, it's a necessary improvement.

Feels so good to lose myself in another world, with all the... things... happening.

Well, fine. Was about to fall asleep, but you just talked me into at least 30 minutes of Xeno first. You jerk.

camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
      Yeah Xenoblade has kind of turned into my version of Animal Crossing. I can turn my brain off for a few hours and just run through the task list. No more killing 20 Iron Krabbels only to realize I was supposed to be killing Rock Krabbels.

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      @MNC Dover Got it in you for a new thread?!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        JazzJazz Registered User regular
        Road Block wrote: »
        Yeah Xenoblade has kind of turned into my version of Animal Crossing. I can turn my brain off for a few hours and just run through the task list. No more killing 20 Iron Krabbels only to realize I was supposed to be killing Rock Krabbels.

I really need to start Animal Crossing. I mean, I bought an Animal Crossing Switch. The game is included over here. It's right there. Ironic that the thought of starting such a cuddly game should be so... scary.

• Options
        Road Block wrote: »

Ultimately I'm glad I didn't go near Animal Crossing, despite it being The Game for a hot month. I just don't have the attentiveness, or free time on demand to keep up with a game that goes on with it's life without me whenever I don't, or can't, play on the schedule it's trying to dictate to me.

• Options
        MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
        Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
        Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
        Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
        Steam ID
        Twitch Page