As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

19495969798100»

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    urahonky wrote: »
    Damn it I ended up having to use a guide in VirtuaVerse because I was really at a loss of what to do. I hate when I do that in Point and Click adventure games because I feel like now I've cheapened the experience.

Nah, if anyone did that, it was the dev for using unintuitive (to you) moon logic. They were too obtuse, or you and they just weren't on the same page, the same frequency. It happens.

Now, me, I tend to approach such games with guide in hand - or, in these days, simply go to YouTube to watch a playthrough - because I've always seen them more as audiovisual experiences, movies played out on my computer that happen to require my input to continue, rather than puzzles to be solved.

Commander Zoom on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Damn it I ended up having to use a guide in VirtuaVerse because I was really at a loss of what to do. I hate when I do that in Point and Click adventure games because I feel like now I've cheapened the experience.

Nah, if anyone did that, it was the dev for using unintuitive (to you) moon logic. They were too obtuse, or you and they just weren't on the same page, the same frequency. It happens.

Now, me, I tend to approach such games with guide in hand - or, in these days, simply go to YouTube to watch a playthrough - because I've always seen them more as audiovisual experiences, movies played out on my computer, rather than puzzles to be solved.

The best thing about modern p&c is that they aren't hung up on being obtuse. Usually I can finish a game with only using a handful of hints, whereas something like Money Island it was almost to the point where I was better if watching a let's play.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Congratulations everyone! We made it to 100 pages again just as storms roll in and threaten to send me back into the dark ages!

You know what that means!!!
    New thread!!!
    New thread!!!
    New thread!!!

@Echo if you would be so kind as to shutter the doors on this one, that would be excellent. Thank you!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone! We made it to 100 pages again just as storms roll in and threaten to send me back into the dark ages!

You know what that means!!!
    New thread!!!
    New thread!!!
    New thread!!!

@Echo if you would be so kind as to shutter the doors on this one, that would be excellent. Thank you!

Three new threads? Seems a little excessive, but I guess thats in line with the theme.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Edit:.....grumble

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Chrono.gg got back to me and gave me a new key for Galaxy of Pen and Paper. 👍

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    @geth lock thread?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Can i get gentle help with riven? Yes i have never beaten. I solved a puzzle. But do not know how. I do not want to read a walkthrough thoufh.

Recently played it for the first time in at least 20 years and working up the patience to start Exile next, which puzzle are you stuck on?

And don't say "fire marble dome" or so help me!

I have not tackled that one yet. I know of marbles. And grids. But that is not my concern here.

The spinning domes. I got one to stop with a button. But it did not always stop? I failed to see what did or did not cause it to stop or keep spinnnig.

And i am sure there is more that one. Can have not found the other one again.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Can i get gentle help with riven? Yes i have never beaten. I solved a puzzle. But do not know how. I do not want to read a walkthrough thoufh.

Recently played it for the first time in at least 20 years and working up the patience to start Exile next, which puzzle are you stuck on?

And don't say "fire marble dome" or so help me!

I have not tackled that one yet. I know of marbles. And grids. But that is not my concern here.

The spinning domes. I got one to stop with a button. But it did not always stop? I failed to see what did or did not cause it to stop or keep spinnnig.

And i am sure there is more that one. Can have not found the other one again.
    Every spinning dome has a little zoetrope viewer nearby. It's looking at the eye symbols across the dome in such a way that it looks animated. Each dome has one "frame" of that animation colored differently. Pushing the button on the viewer in time with that symbol coming up will tell the dome to stop spinning and flip over.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    nm wrong thread. Goddammit.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
This discussion has been closed.