As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I've been thinking about my chicken breasts all day.

I bought this Mike's Hot Honey sauce a few weeks ago. What I'd like to do is make some mike's hot honey glazed chicken breast. What's the best way to do that? I haven't marinated anything ever so I'm not sure if that's even the best thing to do? Or so I just slather the breast in the sauce and then throw it on my skillet?

edit: Chicken

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Local forum poster Drez has been thinking about breasts all day.

But, to answer your question, basically! If there's no oil in the sauce I'd add a bit. Just toss that shit in a plastic bag together, massage it, chuck it in the fridge for a couple hours. Pull your chicken out with some tongs and toss it on your skillet. Remember to discard everything else in the bag, though, since it'll have raw chicken juice all mixed in.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    What I first would do is to season the chicken with salt some time before you want to cook. Doing it the night before or a few hours before will help, but it would even be good to do so while it's warming up outside the fridge. That of course helps season it, but it also encourages moisture loss and tenderizes the meat, so you can get a chicken breast that cooks faster and a bit crispier and ends up a bit more tender.

When cooking a whole chicken breast, what I like to do is butterfly it; cut it in half thickness-wise and open it up like a book (optionally pound it flatter with a mallet or skillet under some parchment paper or something). You get twice as much surface area to season it, and it cooks way faster and more evenly than if it was in one piece.

I think for the sauce you can either marinade it, or cook it in the sauce. One method I know about is to brush on some of the sauce, then cook it on one side until it browns, flip it, brush on more sauce, and repeat until the chicken is cooked through and you've got some layers of sauce cooked onto the chicken. There's also options for baking the chicken with the sauce after browning it on one side and flipping it. Probably won't need to bake it if you're butterflying it.

...I realize as I type this that I know a lot more about generally cooking a good chicken breast than I do about glazed chicken in particular. something I will need to practice.

One nice thing to do with basically any seasoned chicken you cook in a pan is to then cook some onions or other veggies in the same pan after deglazing it with some wine or chicken stock.

Enlong on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    CRISCO SALAD | Retro Recipe Test 10:37
    https://youtu.be/jKSdHAeNIHI
    those words together hurt my soul

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Local forum poster Drez has been thinking about breasts all day.

But, to answer your question, basically! If there's no oil in the sauce I'd add a bit. Just toss that shit in a plastic bag together, massage it, chuck it in the fridge for a couple hours. Pull your chicken out with some tongs and toss it on your skillet. Remember to discard everything else in the bag, though, since it'll have raw chicken juice all mixed in.

Drez is basically PA's Dril

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    That recipe has no business being called a salad.

It's a dessert. Just call it what it is. There's a proud history of cookie, jelly, and butter icing coming together in a spectacularly unhealthy harmony. Just own that.

Wow I can't believe you'd suggest my whipped cream cheese and powdered sugar with graham cracker is not a salad. Just look at it.

perfect-cheesecake-600-dm.jpg

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Yes, that is a healthy and nutritious salad, and you should have one with every meal.

Fun fact; the English actually call powdered sugar "salad sugar", after what you usually use it to make.

Well, that came out amazingly good. Maybe I’ll make some bacon quick and add that in too.

zp5yfyx0spty.jpeg

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Nice looking breasts, Drez

edited June 2020
    Thanks. My primary goal in starting my exploration of cooking was to someday share my l beautiful glazed breasts with this thread. That’s day has finally come.

Also I showed my blackened breasts like a week or too ago so I guess the day already came once.

Anyway thanks everyone for the advice on how to handle my breasts.

edit: Can I lick the excess glaze directly off my skillet, or would that be wrong?

Drez on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'd let it cool down first maybe.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'd let it cool down first maybe.

7fdaupiru33y.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Fun fact; the English actually call powdered sugar "salad sugar", after what you usually use it to make.

wait what

tynic wrote: »

wait what
    I’m playing along with the joke. The actual term is “icing sugar”

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    That recipe has no business being called a salad.

It's a dessert. Just call it what it is. There's a proud history of cookie, jelly, and butter icing coming together in a spectacularly unhealthy harmony. Just own that.

I am not good at explaining:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jello_salad

Jello salad (Jell-O salad if retaining the original brand name exactly, also called gelatin salad, jelly salad, jelly dish, congealed salad, or molded salad) is a salad made with flavored gelatin, fruit, and sometimes grated carrots or (more rarely) other vegetables. Other ingredients may include cottage cheese, cream cheese, marshmallows, nuts, or pretzels. Jello salads were popular in the 1960s and are now considered retro.

The name comes from the genericization of the brand name Jell-O, a common gelatin product in the United States. The origins of jello salad can be traced back to a dish called perfection salad.

t7m7tju7uvxx.jpg

Peas on
    There's a whole second definition of salad that has nothing to do with vegetables! Potato salad, pasta salad, jello salad, crab salad. There are almost as many non-leafy salads as there are leafy ones!

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »
    There's a whole second definition of salad that has nothing to do with vegetables! Potato salad, pasta salad, jello salad, crab salad. There are almost as many non-leafy salads as there are leafy ones!

Word salad, shit salad, An-Nasir Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub, salad tosser.

Exactly. Tuna salad.

Man, salad is a really weird word when you read it this many times in a row. Salad.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited June 2020

wait what
    I’m playing along with the joke. The actual term is “icing sugar”

i mean
    i know that isn't a term, and I know what icing sugar is, that's what australians call it too. I was more expressing confusion about why the English got dragged into any of this american 'salad' slander, given that they ... don't do this?

tynic on
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Exactly. Tuna salad.

Man, salad is a really weird word when you read it this many times in a row. Salad.

It’s word salad.

If I toasted something that was moldy, do I need to worry about doing a proper clean of my toaster’s insides?

No.

Thanks!

No.

Coming from the person who eats mold like it was a hobby!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it really takes away from those of us who just eat mold for fun!

No.

yeah but consider this: I'm not dead

No.

Fuckin' prove it, zombo.

No.

Fuckin' prove it, zombo.

would a zombie bleed this frequently and prolifically? (actually they might I can't remember my zombie lore are they all dust and pus or do they still leak veinous fluids)

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Depends on who’s writing them, I guess

If zombies need to eat brains, do they poop? What kind of gut flora are necessary to facilitate a diet like that?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    If zombies need to eat brains, do they poop? What kind of gut flora are necessary to facilitate a diet like that?

nothing like a wolves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXkHXyVKSWc

edited June 2020
    Brainleech wrote: »

nothing like a wolves

I think you just need to place 50 wolf gut blocks to create a wolf gut microbiome.

Drez on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

nothing like a wolves

I think you just need to place 50 wolf gut blocks to create a wolf gut microbiome.

Ah, finally. The Minecraft x Viscera Cleanup Detail crossover we've wanted for so long.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I think once summer comes around again, I might make a strawberry pretzel salad.

Which is pretty much like that Jello one up there, but a crushed pretzel base, the woryd cream and cream cheese layer is in the middle, and the top is the strawberry Jello with sliced strawberries in it

Man I want that.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    ...does McDonalds not sell hamburgers anymore? I feel like they used to, at least in the states. I haven't been to one in years, though.

This was in Australia in the nineties so while I couldn't give you an exact rundown I can say with confidence that the Australian McDonald's did not, in my teens, have anything called a hamburger on their public menu. I think Chris used to work there, he might know more.

In the 2010s, yeah. And there was (then, and currently is) a hamburger on the menu, and it is literally just a cheeseburger without the slice of yellow rubber.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    ...does McDonalds not sell hamburgers anymore? I feel like they used to, at least in the states. I haven't been to one in years, though.

This was in Australia in the nineties so while I couldn't give you an exact rundown I can say with confidence that the Australian McDonald's did not, in my teens, have anything called a hamburger on their public menu. I think Chris used to work there, he might know more.

oh? do you think chris might be willing to talk about his time at mcdonald's? do you think he might do that, if you asked, or even if you didn't????

Aww man I am days late.

You should have batsignaled me!

This discussion has been closed.