As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    ...does McDonalds not sell hamburgers anymore? I feel like they used to, at least in the states. I haven't been to one in years, though.

This was in Australia in the nineties so while I couldn't give you an exact rundown I can say with confidence that the Australian McDonald's did not, in my teens, have anything called a hamburger on their public menu. I think Chris used to work there, he might know more.

In the 2010s, yeah. And there was (then, and currently is) a hamburger on the menu, and it is literally just a cheeseburger without the slice of yellow rubber.

I always thought the rubber was for our protection.

From the meat.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    ...does McDonalds not sell hamburgers anymore? I feel like they used to, at least in the states. I haven't been to one in years, though.

This was in Australia in the nineties so while I couldn't give you an exact rundown I can say with confidence that the Australian McDonald's did not, in my teens, have anything called a hamburger on their public menu. I think Chris used to work there, he might know more.

In the 2010s, yeah. And there was (then, and currently is) a hamburger on the menu, and it is literally just a cheeseburger without the slice of yellow rubber.

From the meat.

I'm quoting this out of context.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I really wanted a Denver omelet this morning, but didn't have the ingredients, so I ordered one through a delivery service. The restaurant I ordered from had a "Denver omelete with ham and cheese" option, and I went with that, figuring it would have some shredded cheese folded into the omelete.

Two Kraft singles slapped on top of the cooked omelete.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hey chris how come McDonald's uses the most disgusting onions in the whole universe?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    What, you don't want dehydrated onions that'll survive a nuclear apocalypse?

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I won't lie, I love those fucking dehydrated onions. If I could buy them for home use I totally would.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    every family gathering I've been to for the last two decades at least has included a dessert which they call "pretzel salad"

it's a pretzel crust, then a layer of fruit and raspberry jell-o, then a layer of whipped cream

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I won't lie, I love those fucking dehydrated onions. If I could buy them for home use I totally would.

Have you tried?

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

Have you tried?

I had not.

Looks like Costco carries a dehydrated chopped onion product. Might have to check it out.

My favorite description of McDonalds' onions was "onion shrapnel".

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    The Kirkland Signature Dried onions are legit and you get a whole hoddle of them, like seriously the container will serve you for a long time short of needing to dust green bean casseroles with them or something.

The Kirkland Signature Dried onions are legit and you get a whole hoddle of them, like seriously the container will serve you for a long time short of needing to dust green bean casseroles with them or something.

For burgers do I need to re-hydrate them beforehand or will the burger juices do the job?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

From the meat.

I'm quoting this out of context.

Being quoted out of context is honestly what I live for.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

For burgers do I need to re-hydrate them beforehand or will the burger juices do the job?

I don't think you can re-hydrate something with fat. You have to use water to re-hydrate something.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

Nope, unless you're doing something like ultra lean ground turkey burgers or something, but the combination of moisture in the meat and the steam from cooking will rehydrate them just fine. They'll probably be on the chewy side if you incorporating them into something like a 93%/7% meat/fat ratio grind, but otherwise should be solid across the board.

Thegreatcow on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If you want dehydrated onions as a topping, you'll want to rehydrate them in a bowl of water in the fridge for like an hour. If you want them as an ingredient, then you should be able to get away with leaving them dehydrated.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    THE BEST BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑO POPPERS | SAM THE COOKING GUY 4K (16 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFZDnn3mPO0

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Somebody, maybe the President of Nutter Butter™️, took Nutter Butters™️ and covered them in fudge and made Fudge Covered Nutter Butter™️

Let me tell ya

Shits good, dawgs.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Chocolate and peanut butter

What will they think of next

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Opty wrote: »
    If you want dehydrated onions as a topping, you'll want to rehydrate them in a bowl of water in the fridge for like an hour. If you want them as an ingredient, then you should be able to get away with leaving them dehydrated.

Ah yeah good point. I interpreted the question as incorporating the dried onions into the ground meat. If you're just plain topping them with them then yeah you'll want to rehydrate them for sure.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Chocolate and peanut butter

What will they think of next

I can show you the horrors of some of the newer candies at work

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The German word for lettuce is Lattich but most German people just call the plant salad

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    . Wow I don't think I ever heard anyone say lattich my whole time there

I feel somehow lied to.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I was hoping that the german word for lattice sounded like the English word, so I could make a Lattich lattice
    joke

but it's "Gitter"

fuck off, German

Platy wrote: »
    The German word for lettuce is Lattich but most German people just call the plant salad

...oh, so that's why they kept using the term "Salad" in that one terrible animated Rapunzel film.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out what to pick up for dinner tomorrow night

I really don't wanna just get fast food again, we like to buy dinner once a week but...

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I picked up Porto's tonight because I've been meaning to try it and no time like the present I think. Got a dozen potato balls, a cubano, and a guava jelly roll for dessert. These seemed like popular picks so I'm gonna do a little food write-up because why not.

Cubano
    The first bite is soft bread and salty meats, building into savory as I chew. Slight dryness of pork intermingled with the moist ham slices and melted cheese, thinly-cut pickle providing some acidity.The bread should be dried out by its looks as I reach the end, but instead is moist and delicious, containing the moisture of the food sandwiched between. Something else here too, a condiment I can't identify with a slight tang. One slice of sandwich would have been worth the asking price and it came with two, densely packed and yet constantly urging another bite until both are all gone.

Potato Balls
    A dozen was entirely unnecessary as I opened the box and saw the tennis-ball sized foodstuffs. I picked one up and marveled at its heft before I took a bite. Delicious. I pierce into the crispy fry of the panko bread crumb outer coating directly into heavily garlic-infused mashed potatoes, the softness and crunch contrasting as I chew. The second bite a savory explosion as I discover the ground meat hidden in the core, seasoned with a sauce I can't quite identify but close to taco seasoning I think. There's also something else in there, a soft crunchiness mingled with the meat I can't identify, wait, bell pepper! I could eat these for a meal all by themselves!

Guava Jelly Roll
    Cake almost like air as I bite in and feel my teeth click together as it practically melted away in my mouth. Together with mixed spiraling white cream and green jelly interspersed with small bits of guava for texture, the sweetness very mild. On the outside, small beads of what looks like frosting that pop with a light, explosive crunch like firecrackers as I chew, contrasting the mellowness of the cake and filling. I finish a full slice and am immediately surprised by the roar of my stomach, somehow hungrier than before. Amazing.

I will have to make a return trip I think.

Madican on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out what to pick up for dinner tomorrow night

I really don't wanna just get fast food again, we like to buy dinner once a week but...

Gyros?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ooh, Rachel did mention the name of a good place to me!

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Well fuck now I’m craving what @Madican had

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Indian Street Food 🇮🇳 !! Spicy Kerala Fish Curry Recipe! 🐟 🌶️ | Street Food at Home Ep. 2 (23 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY-rU-pj_4g

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hey chris how come McDonald's uses the most disgusting onions in the whole universe?

Ask for better onions?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Hello thread Sheetz is playing Com Truise in the store again and I am very confused.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    On the advice of my allergy/asthma doctor, I am about to embark on a three-week dairy fast. Apparently, my intractable sinus congestion and lung crud may be due to a dairy allergy that doesn't show up on skin tests. I really can't argue against it, because I literally don't think there has been a three-week period in my entire life in which I did not consume an inadvisable amount of dairy product.

I'm not sure what I'm going to gain from this knowledge. Unless it turns out dairy is the one thing keeping my levitation and gold transmutation abilities in check, I don't think I'm going to give up milk and cheese and butter and sour cream just so I can breathe properly. I guess we'll see!

GDdCWMm.jpg
    I'm abouta eat a jellyfish

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    How was the jellyfish?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You should try eating one with a peanutbutterfish.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    And some breadfruit.

This discussion has been closed.