As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Visitation

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Visitation

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    zeromhzeromh Registered User regular
    I love this. Beautiful shading and coloring, and no need for words to express it.

For the last two panels it's interesting that Mike broke the eyelines. Since Gabe is looking off-camera left, typically Tycho would be looking off-camera right, so that the audience completes the eyelines in their minds and considers the two to be looking at each other.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Man. What a beautiful picture of friendship and hope.

• Options
    Huttj509Huttj509 Registered User regular
    zeromh wrote: »
    I love this. Beautiful shading and coloring, and no need for words to express it.

For the last two panels it's interesting that Mike broke the eyelines. Since Gabe is looking off-camera left, typically Tycho would be looking off-camera right, so that the audience completes the eyelines in their minds and considers the two to be looking at each other.

On the one hand, I agree, however the movie Say Anything does similar in that scene, though I don't think Diane leans out the window. She's lying in bed, looking left, he's outside with the boombox, looking up and left.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Just setting this here for the youngsters who are confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Y8tFQ01OY

zepherin on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    i191120maryworth.jpg

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Just setting this here for the youngsters who are confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Y8tFQ01OY

For the even younger kids.

Movies are a thing old people watch, and John Cusack used to be an actor people watched in said movies.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    This is so sweet <3

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I understood that reference.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Where my mind went:
    4qucts9gnddv.jpeg

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    AngryRobotAngryRobot Registered User regular
    Aw, did anyone else notice the joycons are blue and yellow, like them?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »

I recognize that many of the things I have seen are a reference to that thing I haven't seen.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »

I recognize that many of the things I have seen are a reference to that thing I haven't seen.

I got this after watching The Breakfast Club

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    aww

• Options
    Adam DuckieAdam Duckie Registered User regular
    I suddenly got a strange yearning for someone to start playing "In Your Eyes" outside my window in the middle of the night...