As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - We Should Talk, Before I Forget & Beyond a Steel Sky out today!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited July 2020 in Social Entropy++

20200625 Tainted Grail

20200617 Across the Grooves

20200616 Before I Forget

20200616 Desperados 3

20200616 Shipbreaker (sci-fi, first person, simulation, salvage)

20200616 Disintegration (FPS, multiplayer, vehicles, robots)

20200616 Summer in Mara (slice of life, narrative, adventure, farming)

20200612 Warborn (turn-based, tactics, mecha)

20200611 Skyhill (isometric, horror, action-adventure)

20200611 Evan's Remains (platformer, puzzle)

20200608 Dark Light EA (sidescroller, souls-like)

20200606 C&C Remastered Collection

20200602 Valorant (FPS, team-based, competitive multiplayer)

June is looking a little light right now, but we're probably going to be getting a bunch of announcements with the PC Gaming show, the Escapist Indie showcase, and a bunch of the not-e3 livestream stuff happening soon.

Brolo on

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Oh my god it’s June why is it already June

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    videogames are bad

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »

time is an illusion

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Brolo on

and sea of thieves came out on steam as well

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Not a new release, but in PC Gaming news relevant to my interests, a free patch hit the Sims 4 that adds ladders. I don't know why they weren't included in the Tiny Living pack, but I'm super excited to build true loft spaces.

Out today!

The Wizards return with a reworked gesture-based spellcasting system, new environment interactions, new challenging enemies, and the ever-witty narrator Aurelius. Put on your VR headset and set off on a brand new perilous journey across the plague-ridden realm of Meliora.

Become a Wizard

Your body is frail, but your power is immense. Discover and master 11 individually designed spells with distinct abilities and effects. Forget about button combinations, command the arcane forces with nothing but hand gestures - as a true Wizard does!

A Grand Seamless Adventure

A mysterious dark plague has fallen on the realm of Meliora, twisting its inhabitants into beings of hatred and madness. Forbidden powers and rogue wizards are involved, leaving only you to face the apocalypse head-on. Dare to journey through the Forsaken Wood, wade through the poisonous swamps of Meliora, descend into the ruinous Necropolis, and more - with no magical barriers to stop you in place!
    20200605 The Wizards (VR, Action, FPS, narrative)

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »

time is an illusion

lunchtime doubly so

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Your body is frail, but your power is immense.
    I really don't appreciate being personally called out like this, Carbon Studio.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I never got
    Brolo wrote: »
    oh yeah EA made a bunch of games available on Steam

you still need to use Origin to play them though:
    Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required.

All of these games appear to either normally be available for this Steam sale price on Origin or to be outright cheaper on Origin.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I had assumed the point of the mystery game thing would have been for them to be huge AAA, but apparently not so. Next week is also a mystery.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Why bother hiding it. Nobody thought you bought the rights just to do nothing with them. This isn't Duke Nukem.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Ark was supposed to be the EGS freebie, but the dev pushed their event to next week.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Is the THQ behind Amalur the Re-Reckoning the AMA with 8 chan THQ, or a different THQ?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hi June

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Is the THQ behind Amalur the Re-Reckoning the AMA with 8 chan THQ, or a different THQ?

THQ Nordic are the guys who bought THQ and basically every IP and studio which were up for grabs because someone wants to be EA

Same THQ which did the AMA

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    My one year old loves playing with the PlayStation controller, he especially likes the blue light on the back so knows what button to press to turn the controller and PS4 on.

Usually I leave the PS4 on for a bit and turn it off when he's done playing.

Yesterday he turns it on as normal but was also playing with the buttons etc.

A few minutes later the controller starts vibrating. So I turn my TV on to see RDR2 has been loaded and my son has managed to fling Arthur off a cliff next to where I last saved my game.....

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I never heard anything about Sea of Solitude once it came out, but it looked really great. Any thoughts from the thread?

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    My one year old loves playing with the PlayStation controller, he especially likes the blue light on the back so knows what button to press to turn the controller and PS4 on.

Usually I leave the PS4 on for a bit and turn it off when he's done playing.

Yesterday he turns it on as normal but was also playing with the buttons etc.

A few minutes later the controller starts vibrating. So I turn my TV on to see RDR2 has been loaded and my son has managed to fling Arthur off a cliff next to where I last saved my game.....

that doesn't seem so different from most of the RDR videos I've seen.

steam_sig.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Fuck EA.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFx6MUPn1c

https://steamcommunity.com/games/435400/announcements/detail/2260191322987821035
    Charming hidden object game Hidden Folks put out one last free DLC, On Tour, and is also making the previously paid DLC, Beach, free as well. To compensate, the base price of the game has gone up slightly since it now contains 2 DLCs.

Crippl3 on
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I just recently bought a few of those EA titles on Origin. And now they're on Steam. Hrm.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I just recently bought a few of those EA titles on Origin. And now they're on Steam. Hrm.

Your sacrifice made this possible and we are all grateful.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've been alternating Witcher 3 and RDR2 and I had a vivid dream last night that was a Witcher game with monsters and magic and Geralt but set in the wild west type period. Geralt had two revolvers, a silver one and a steel one. He went into a saloon to get a contract.

It was pretty cool.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

JayKaos wrote: »

Your sacrifice made this possible and we are all grateful.

o7

Sidenote: Sea of Thieves on Steam. Time for my usual drum-banging: BRING RARE REPLAY TO THE PC YOU COWARDS

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Is Sea of Thieves out of Early Access yet?

Gvzbgul wrote: »

I dunno, last time I tried to get into it, I couldn't leave the first island because I constantly got bombarded by some assholes. So unless there are changes in that regard, I doubt I'll pick it up

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

They’ve added a bunch of stuff QoL wise. There is now a Maiden Voyage tutorial-type thing that will teach you the basics of gameplay. They also added Tall Tales, and while I haven’t done any of them yet I understand they are the equivalent of a Story Mission in an MMO, and Skelington Fort attacks that are kind of raid-like.

Overall, the game still seems to focused on a lot of “make your own fun”... getting Voyages (quests) from the various factions, and trying to do them all while other players are doing their own thing (so they can attack you and steal your quest booty or you can grab theirs).

I think the fun you can have depends on your attitude going in. It’s like an MMO on a PVP server.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Just finished another playthrough of West of Loathing, since people were talking about it in the Indie Games thread. Man, that's still just the most consistently charming game I've ever played.

And since now I'm in a Western mood, and since you people won't shut up about it, I have purchased and downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2. I look forward to all the high-fidelity spittoon interactions that are no doubt in store for me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Just finished another playthrough of West of Loathing, since people were talking about it in the Indie Games thread. Man, that's still just the most consistently charming game I've ever played.

And since now I'm in a Western mood, and since you people won't shut up about it, I have purchased and downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2. I look forward to all the high-fidelity spittoon interactions that are no doubt in store for me.

The running gag with the spittoons in WoL is so fucking good

I was just about to post that, I loved that joke

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The weird thing is that it had the perfect payoff in the original game, and then it had the perfect payoff again in the DLC.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    It was my day off today and literally all I did was play RDR2, to the point that my legs started to ache from sitting in my chair for so long, so it felt like I had been riding a horse. IMMERSION.

silly walking was very strong too

west of loathing is real good, except you can permanently fuck yourself if you read the necromancy books

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

I was just about to post that, I loved that joke

Just the increasing disgust from the narrator, turning into resignation that yes, of course you'll search this disgusting spittoon too.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Dark Messiah
    I feel like the baddie, here. The Orcs don't seem particularly bloodthirsty or aggressive. They hold elections for their leader. There's a festival coming up soon and the dude is mostly concerned about some new clothes. The temple apparently belongs to them. Which means we're the invaders, there to pillage and murder.

Tamin wrote: »
    Dark Messiah
    I feel like the baddie, here. The Orcs don't seem particularly bloodthirsty or aggressive. They hold elections for their leader. There's a festival coming up soon and the dude is mostly concerned about some new clothes. The temple apparently belongs to them. Which means we're the invaders, there to pillage and murder.

no but do it though

Tamin wrote: »
    Dark Messiah

yeah but they're asking for it by consistently facing walls made out of spikes, presenting their nice kickable backs to you, the protagonist

that makes it okay

This discussion has been closed.