As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    In retrospect it was probably the correct move to buy action cards instead of just throwing away a token for no reason.

It would've also been better than losing track of Strategy Cards and having a card token left over once everyone has gone :P

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Alright, well, let's try to make this as impersonal as possible. 1 for Federation of Sol, 2 for Winnu.

Geth roll 1d2

Goose.

edited June 2020
    I don't know what you think I have when I just wasted a command token delaying @Ketar
    And you could make it impersonal by stealing from the guy who gets his command tokens for free.

discrider on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I'm just trying to delay without spending a command token. I left it to Geth to choose which possessor of cards would get targeted because I have no reason to single out one over the other.

It's understandable that you're annoyed and I'm sorry that this was the most efficient way for me to play this turn.

I'm annoyed because it is not the most efficient.
    Go target Sol.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Targeting Sol is NEVER the right call!

Just ask the Lazax.

Oh wait, YOU CAN'T! 8-)

@Ketar to confirm target.

It's too early in the game for this kind of ire from my immediate neighbor. Also I really want to just get this over with and move on.

Target Federation of Sol with the Spy card.

@MrBody

edited June 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    In retrospect it was probably the correct move to buy action cards instead of just throwing away a token for no reason.

I think it's always the correct move to buy ACs.
    If you have the command tokens.

Not that it helped me.

discrider on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    OK, so I'm gonna consider this Ketar's freebie and let him change his action target. As a general future note, try to avoid bold and coloring things unless you mean them to lock things in. (On the flip side, make sure to bold and color text so that it's clear that action is being taken.) If you want to fish for tributes, make threats, and so on, you can always just leave the target open and start a debate. I'll give MrBody a chance to declare a response, as I did for discrider, before moving resolution along.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    OK, so I'm gonna consider this Ketar's freebie and let him change his action target. As a general future note, try to avoid bold and coloring things unless you mean them to lock things in. (On the flip side, make sure to bold and color text so that it's clear that action is being taken.) If you want to fish for tributes, make threats, and so on, you can always just leave the target open and start a debate. I'll give MrBody a chance to declare a response, as I did for discrider, before moving resolution along.

I'm pretty sure this is on me rather than Ketar.
    If declarations are final, then that's fine and we can move forward with me gunning for Ketar the entire game.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Over a random action card target? I haven't even decided to crush cruess yet and they broke a deal

Phyphor on
    discrider wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this is on me rather than Ketar.
    If declarations are final, then that's fine and we can move forward with me gunning for Ketar the entire game.
    Nah, the gnashing of teeth is perfectly fine and fully expected, as there can be ripple effects with every action. It's just that in a proper environment, this debate would be taking place after the active player (in this case Ketar / Jol-Nar) has plopped their card down but before they've settled their target. I'm just making sure that procedures and rulings are clear for the remainder of the game and giving the proper opportunity to the relevant players to adjust according to this clarified knowledge.

Regardless, because of the conflicting orders after my initial acknowledgement of the card play, @Ketar needs to make a final clarification on where he's going with his Spy target.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    No response (if applicable)

Phyphor wrote: »
    Over a random action card target? I haven't even decided to crush cruess yet and they broke a deal

Suffer not the RNGer to live

We broke that deal in self defense!

You lost nothing. In fact it was because of that deal you stalled this much at all, otherwise you would have no TG to build with

Target Sol. For realzies.

You lost nothing. In fact it was because of that deal you stalled this much at all, otherwise you would have no TG to build with

Anyone who launches an attack on someone else should expect them to declare any mutual arrangements null and void.

The Action Card has been resolved. Action is now on @MrBody for Sol.

4463rwiq7r47.png

Anyone who launches an attack on someone else should expect them to declare any mutual arrangements null and void.

For a piddly no-hit cruiser-destroyer fight? No

For a piddly no-hit cruiser-destroyer fight? No

An attack is an attack, regardless of the results. If someone attacks me, all deals are off unless they've renegotiated ahead of time.

Likewise if I attack someone else, I'm not going to expect them to hold up any deals we made unless I spoke with them and received an ok prior to attacking.

Frankly I'd be charging upwards of 4 TG for that attack opportunity if I were Creuss.
    1 TG paid was a bargain, albeit for the one combat round.

edited June 2020
    Sol
    PASS for round

@Phyphor

MrBody on
    Action is on @Phyphor.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Stall then. Activate cruess

@A Half Eaten Oreo

Wish I had some Action Cards...

Play Warfare.
    Pick up my token from Creuss.
    Gain 1 command token and redistribute.
    2/3/0

I think only @MrBody has passed so, @discrider @38thDoe @Ketar @Phyphor for secondary.

Play on Warfare secondary. Construct 1 dreadnought, 1 cruiser and 2 infantry - total cost 7R minus 1 for Sarween Tools = 6R needed. Exhaust Jol and Nar for 3 and spend 3 TG.

3/4/0

Play. Build 2 infantry, a cruiser and a destroyer. Spend all TG

Note that you are still allowed to play on the secondary actions on Strategy Cards even after you have passed your turn. In this case, it doesn't matter since MrBody doesn't have any counters in Strategy Pool, but I'm just making sure to clarify this for future rounds.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Play
    Build a carrier and 2 ground forces exhausting Winnu
    1/3/0

Waiting on @38thDoe to play or pass on the Warfare secondary (because Naalu has Sarween Tools and could get 1R worth of builds from it).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sorry didn’t even think about that. Pass

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Activate Thibah, move carrier and 2 GF from home system in, and land both GF.
    0/3/0
    Preemptive PASS for next round
    @38thDoe for action

edited June 2020
    Round 1: Action Phase Update 6

Universities of Jol-Nar: Play Action Card "Spy", stealing one Action Card from Sol. (Jol-Nar AC 1 --> 1; Sol AC 2 --> 1)
    Federation of Sol: Pass turn.
    Nekro Virus: Activate the Creuss Home System. (TP 2 --> 1)
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Play the primary ability of the (6) Warfare Strategy Card, removing their command counter from the Creuss Home System, gaining one counter, and reallocating counters to TP 0 --> 2, FP 3, SP 1 --> 0.
    Nekro plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting 4 Trade Goods (TG 4 --> 0) to build 1 Cruiser (2R), 1 Destroyer (1R), and 2 Infantry (1R) at Mordai II.
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), exhausting Winnu (3R), +1R from Sarween Tools, to build 1 Carrier (3R) and 2 Infantry (1R) at Winnu.
    Jol-Nar plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), exhausting Jol (1R), Nar (2R), 3 Trade Goods (TG 5 --> 2), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Dreadnought (4R), 1 Cruiser (2R), and 2 Infantry (1R) at Nar.
    The Winnu: Activate the Thibah system. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Move in 1 Carrier and 2 Infantry from the Winnu Home System.
    Land 2 Infantry on Thibah.

Current Map: Round 1, Action Phase Update 6

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Winnu: 0 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 0 VP
    Nekro Virus: 0 VP
    Federation of Sol: 0 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 Secret Objective in hand.

Special Objectives

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 0
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System

Worlds:
    X - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 1

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    X - Jol (1R, 2I)
    X - Nar (2R, 3I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you ativate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor) SPEAKER

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Antivirus)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators (Valefor Assimilator X, Valefor Assimilator Y)

Worlds:
    X - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    Commodities: 4 / 4
    Action Cards: 1

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator

Worlds:
    X - Jord (4R, 2I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe)

Tactic Pool: 0
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    N - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    N - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) - (0) Construction Current Player
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (1) Leadership
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (3) Politics PASSED
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (5) Trade
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (6) Warfare
    The Winnu (discrider) - (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Do the Naalu even have a possible action other than passing? They have no tactics counters and no action cards, and have played their strategy card already. They also don't neighbor anyone so they can't make a trade of any kind right now.

Ah, this is true. Naalu doesn't have any avenues for actions at this time. So they'll automatically pass and @Ketar, action is on you.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Activate Arnor-Lor. Move in all movable units from home system except for the cruiser. Land one infantry on each planet.

2/4/0

@Phyphor

Activate lodor. Move dread + inf, cruiser & destroyer in. Land on planet

@A Half Eaten Oreo

Activate Tar'Mann
    Move in Carrier with 2 fighters, and 2 infantry , and the Destroyer from Creuss.
    Land infantry on Tar'Mann
    1/3/0

@discrider