As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - We Should Talk, Before I Forget & Beyond a Steel Sky out today!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I just recently bought a few of those EA titles on Origin. And now they're on Steam. Hrm.

Now they come with Steam trading cards so clearly you must buy them again

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Couscous wrote: »
    I just recently bought a few of those EA titles on Origin. And now they're on Steam. Hrm.

Now they come with Steam trading cards so clearly you must buy them again

Haha yeah I saw that. Thankfully I don't feel that particular need. For Speed. Trading cards.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Dark Messiah
    I feel like the baddie, here. The Orcs don't seem particularly bloodthirsty or aggressive. They hold elections for their leader. There's a festival coming up soon and the dude is mostly concerned about some new clothes. The temple apparently belongs to them. Which means we're the invaders, there to pillage and murder.

no but do it though

I, uh ... thanks? no u?

I don't know what that means, or how to respond to it :(

Tamin on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Just saying that Dark Messiah is still somehow one of my favorite FPS games.

Is it because you can kick people into things? Or like throw objects at folks and watch them suffer the consequences of taking a barrel to the face? Or is it cause of the varying levels of difficulty thanks to your class? (It's real hard being a warrior at max difficulty) Is it the charmingly kinda not bad but bad story?

I should play it again.

• Options

yes please

hopefully it's a souls-like that I not just love, but actually finish, too!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Bloodborne is definitely my favorite Souls-like

I am not including Sekiro in that though because I consider it a different enough beast

• Options
    Happy Little MachineHappy Little Machine May I see your identification badge, please? Registered User regular
    I'm going to be so annoyed when the new Elder Scrolls doesn't have an improved Dark Messiah combat system developed by Arkane Studios despite the fact that both they and Bethesda are owned by the same company.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I love Dark Messiah, even though it's a bit of a trashy game. It's just the perfect mix of RPG and first person shooter style game than I don't think any game has really topped. (They either shooters with some lite RPG elements, or first person RPG's)

Also that kick is godly.

I really wish Arkane would make a sequel or spiritual successor. Dishonored is just a completely different thing.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dark Messiah
    I feel like the baddie, here. The Orcs don't seem particularly bloodthirsty or aggressive. They hold elections for their leader. There's a festival coming up soon and the dude is mostly concerned about some new clothes. The temple apparently belongs to them. Which means we're the invaders, there to pillage and murder.

no but do it though

I, uh ... thanks? no u?

I don't know what that means, or how to respond to it :(
    PiptheFair is saying that yes, we are in agreement that you are the aggressor, the invader, there with the intent - and, perhaps, even the desire! - to do harm. However, Pip is also suggesting that you should put aside your moral compass and go on and do a genocide. If pressed, it's possible that Pip would even go so far as double-dog daring you to do this, although I don't know if we'll reach triple-dog tier.

Your possible responses are:
    1) "No, this is morally reprehensible! I choose to end the violence." followed by deleting your save and uninstalling the game, or
    2) "Hey, don't mind if I do, gonna kick me some orcs off of things onto other orcs" followed by digital war-crimes.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, spoilers, though if you haven't figured it out by this point, I don't even know. The game is less subtle than a brick.
    You're definitely being set up to be the bad guy.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    yeah just do it, it's fine

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Maybe go play Regular Totally Chill Messiah of Might & Magic.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I love Dark Messiah, even though it's a bit of a trashy game. It's just the perfect mix of RPG and first person shooter style game than I don't think any game has really topped. (They either shooters with some lite RPG elements, or first person RPG's)

Also that kick is godly.

I really wish Arkane would make a sequel or spiritual successor. Dishonored is just a completely different thing.

I bet it wouldn't be very hard to get Ubisoft to them use the license.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

we'll definitely think you're cool if you do that genocide

don't be a square and not genocide

• Options
    In the interests of roleplaying, I will continue murdering the orcs and taking their stuff

purely in the interests of roleplaying, you understand

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

we'll definitely think you're cool if you do that genocide

don't be a square and not genocide

Tamin can have a little genocide, as a treat

• Options
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I am not including Sekiro in that though because I consider it a different enough beast

No the beasts were Bloodborne.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dark Messiah

current mood: very annoyed at goblins. Each time I thought I had cleared the area, more popped up. And then a couple of them ran into a hole in the wall, at which point
    a cyclops broke through the wall and I received the optional objective of killing it. So I did.

I'm a bit miffed that, after letting/requiring me to use the environment to kill a dragon, this cyclops refused to follow me into a trapped corridor.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

No the beasts were Bloodborne.

I thought of this momentarily while I was typing it, sadly.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    A good. Another game in the rich Hook cinematic universe.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Command & Conquer and Red Alert defined the RTS genre 25 years ago and are now both fully remastered in 4K by the former Westwood Studios team members at Petroglyph Games. Includes all 3 expansion packs, rebuilt multiplayer, a modernized UI, Map Editor, bonus gallery of unreleased FMV footage, and over 7 hours of legendary remastered music by Frank Klepacki. Welcome back, Commander.
    20200605 C&C Remastered Collection

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Dark Messiah

current mood: very annoyed at goblins. Each time I thought I had cleared the area, more popped up. And then a couple of them ran into a hole in the wall, at which point
    a cyclops broke through the wall and I received the optional objective of killing it. So I did.

I'm a bit miffed that, after letting/requiring me to use the environment to kill a dragon, this cyclops refused to follow me into a trapped corridor.

I'm gonna be honest these posts are a little bit making me want to replay Dark Messiah

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »

Can someone explain to me what is happening in the photo? I see a shark maybe, and a lot of brown smudges.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think there's a big crocodile with a clock in its mouth behind the shark?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    in reference to peter pan, presumably

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    in reference to peter pan, presumably

Peter Pan, that's the Hook tie-in prequel novel, right?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think there's a big crocodile with a clock in its mouth behind the shark?

Ah okay thanks. I can see it now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Command & Conquer and Red Alert defined the RTS genre 25 years ago and are now both fully remastered in 4K by the former Westwood Studios team members at Petroglyph Games. Includes all 3 expansion packs, rebuilt multiplayer, a modernized UI, Map Editor, bonus gallery of unreleased FMV footage, and over 7 hours of legendary remastered music by Frank Klepacki. Welcome back, Commander.
    20200605 C&C Remastered Collection

Ive been wanting this for quite a while!

• Options
    New Humble Choice is up, another paused month for me. That really went downhill when they switched from the Monthly format. I want to say Hellblade, as the highlight, has been in a Monthly before?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Not a new release, but in PC Gaming news relevant to my interests, a free patch hit the Sims 4 that adds ladders. I don't know why they weren't included in the Tiny Living pack, but I'm super excited to build true loft spaces.

And since it's 2020, sims now piss fire.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Not a new release, but in PC Gaming news relevant to my interests, a free patch hit the Sims 4 that adds ladders. I don't know why they weren't included in the Tiny Living pack, but I'm super excited to build true loft spaces.

And since it's 2020, sims now piss fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kip6hQCQbpI

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    New Humble Choice is up, another paused month for me. That really went downhill when they switched from the Monthly format. I want to say Hellblade, as the highlight, has been in a Monthly before?

Twitch's monthly content looks pretty good.

I haven't played them but I've heard good stuff about, Observer, Dream Daddy and Flame in the Flood.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Yeah, it was July 2019

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    New Humble Choice is up
    Bedlam wrote: »
    A picture is worth a thousand words:

FCVsbrX.png

Also:

KmbTFXs.png

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Friendly reminder that the dude behind Supraland is pro Germanic New Medicine (he's selling books about it) and claims that there has been no convincing evidence that vaccines work

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that game is neat!

This discussion has been closed.