As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Inheritor

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Inheritor

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    It looks like Noah needs to learn the fine art of putzing around in a game for hours. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    This stream was hilarious. Mike was precariously mining out around lava near bedrock, and his son was busy summoning a wither. Then they tried to fight it and got obliterated. :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I'm somewhat reminded of this scenario:
    i-8mTcxGh.jpg

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Is this Terraria or something else?

steam_sig.png
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Minecraft Dungeons

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Sounds like the game is some good stuff.

MichaelLC wrote: »

Minecraft Dungeons

I think it's just regular Minecraft in this comic.

-Tycho Brahe
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »

Minecraft Dungeons

Probably. There's no survival mode in Minecraft Dungeons, and you don't mine for coal. Also, there's a mechanic that adjusts levels so people play together anyway.

Is there a skull monster in Minecraft?

Krathoon wrote: »
    Is there a skull monster in Minecraft?

https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wither

-Tycho Brahe
    edited June 2020
    What is the best version of Minecraft to play? XBox or pc?

Edit: It sounds like the PC version.

Krathoon on
  • ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    Hahaha, seriously though, art critique: Gabe should consider occasionally just letting the panels bleed together. The split in this one is not just unnecessary, but maybe distracting. If word bubbles are gonna float between panels, why not just merge some?

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »

Minecraft Dungeons

Probably. There's no survival mode in Minecraft Dungeons, and you don't mine for coal. Also, there's a mechanic that adjusts levels so people play together anyway.

Ah, thanks. Just figured it was the new one.

• Kwisatz Haderach Kwisatz Haderach The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it. Registered User regular
    Zomagic wrote: »
    Hahaha, seriously though, art critique: Gabe should consider occasionally just letting the panels bleed together. The split in this one is not just unnecessary, but maybe distracting. If word bubbles are gonna float between panels, why not just merge some?

It's a stylistic choice. There's no right or wrong. I for one really enjoy seeing all three comic panels even if a picture spans across several.

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zomagic wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but I do wish Noah's wrist broke through the gutter to actually meet up with his hand in panel 3.
    EDIT: Nah, you're right. I think one long panel would've been more effective.

Sneaks on
  • Adam DuckieAdam Duckie Registered User regular
    Spawning the Wither in the Nether is plenty more dangerous. Then again, he must've not wanted to potentially harm their base and decided to take the risk.