As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I could not get higher than like 700k on 3-3 turn 1. I used UT Edel for the higher imperil. I might try Malphasie if I have time, because the 74% vs 60% break should give more damage than 25% more wind imperil. I decided to push through and finish off the rest of the event and be done with it. I went back to area 1 and got the turn 1 kill on the physical fights. I need to clean up 1-5, but I think I'm done. I've invested way too much time into DV. Way more than last time. The bosses are definitely more tanky this time around (it seems). I finished out around rank 800, which is better than last time.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've checked out now. Right now I'm sitting at 542, which once you subtract the cheaters, might even be bring me below 500, which is a rank improvement from last time. Good enough.
    If it's not, not too worried because the difference between <500 and <1000 is only 50 dark matter, 1 EX ticket (oh noo not a free 3* unit), and 5 STMR tickets.

Lorek wrote: »
    Yeah, I've checked out now. Right now I'm sitting at 542, which once you subtract the cheaters, might even be bring me below 500, which is a rank improvement from last time. Good enough.
    If it's not, not too worried because the difference between <500 and <1000 is only 50 dark matter, 1 EX ticket (oh noo not a free 3* unit), and 5 STMR tickets.
    So, what you're saying is... it's not worth the effort. Thanks for point that out because I was tempted to go back and redo some of the Stage 2 physical fights to get turn 1 max points.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Alright, got a T2, no damage taken clear on Tetra Sylphid without MMXon. Took some NRG pots to get a T1 with no Gale Slash, but it worked eventually. Team/strategy:

Levinson - Power-up/self earth imbue T1, T-cast AR, BS, BS T2.

Elena - Power-up T1, chain with Levinson T2. Will achieve a 101 chain when including my finishers.

Regina - Non-cooldown power-ups and cannon T1, full power-up and cannon finish T2.

AC Cloud - Fenrir/Gaia break/Spin-dive T1, LB cap T2.

Sylvie - 100% evade/passive provoke. Hop into Battle (AC Cloud), Hop to the Rescue (Lucas), Gravel Egg (Regina) T1, Marian Rescue Me, Gravel Egg (Elena) T2.

Lucas - Magic cover T1, Toxic Rain T2.

Toxic Rain is a HUGE increase in damage. I went from just barely being able to burst her down from 81% on T4 to easily demolishing her T2.

For non-limited alternates you can replace Levinson with Ellesperis and Lucas with any magic tank that you can get 100+% wind resist and Toxic Rain on.

Cruor on
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'm clearing it because I don't want to leave rewards on the table, but DV is just unfun to me. Taking the time to go through all my units, gear and materia to set up up a party for one fight that I end up having to quit and reload because my chain breaks (my phone doesn't do any of the tricks that people do to chain). And then there's another 14 fights after that.

It feels like a chore more than a game.

Zomro on
    Zomro wrote: »
    I'm clearing it because I don't want to leave rewards on the table, but DV is just unfun to me. Taking the time to go through all my units, gear and materia to set up up a party for one fight that I end up having to quit and reload because my chain breaks (my phone doesn't do any of the tricks that people do to chain). And then there's another 14 fights after that.

It feels like a chore more than a game.

I really enjoy DV. What I like most about this game are the trials and how much they feel like puzzles. How can I do this trial and complete the missions with the units I have? DV is a pretty cool distillation of that. There are certainly QoL things that would make it better (save and load units) and also more powerful mages/mages that take advantage of imbues/killers like XWQL and the upcoming CG Ace/Rem.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yeah, I decided to not bother, personally. My SR chaining isn't perfect, and I don't reallly have a ton oof units for this, and the special item seemed to be a sword. Which is a very good sword, but still, I can live without it.

Steam ID: Right here.
    Drascin wrote: »
    Yeah, I decided to not bother, personally. My SR chaining isn't perfect, and I don't reallly have a ton oof units for this, and the special item seemed to be a sword. Which is a very good sword, but still, I can live without it.

There's also a rod, but yeah, they're just stat sticks with an attached dark damage ability once upgraded high enough. They're nice but not so much better than other items.

At least not until they are fully upgraded, which takes 3-4 months per weapon. I think the sword caps out at 220-ish ATK, which is leaps better than any other 1h sword even in current JP. Also, the rod gets an equally high MAG stat. But yes, they are just epeen stat sticks.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'll be lucky to finish it here. I got to stage 3 but not sure if I have the time to deal with all stages due to the increased complexity.

DV is a great idea that unfortunately falls flat within the game mechanics they built in FFBE. It's the only thing interesting since as Cruor mentioned, it's a puzzle you need to solve with what RNG has given you. Not unlike the 10 man trials in the past. I posted in reddit that they should extend it to 2 weeks, which would certainly help me in this case.

Sadly the game mechanic's themselves fight against this type of thing. Chaining without help isn't possible for many chaining families. And depending on your device, that help may be available or not. Physical fights are way easier than magic ones due to an over proliferation of physical killers and units. Not to mention AoE vs ST attack discrepancy. The lack of preloading units and the massive library of items/equipment, makes setting up fights massively intensive. And GUMI releasing 1 unit that has become required if you want to advance your score past a certain point.

I'm pretty close to being done with the game. The more I read about NV stuff, the less I'm interested in another go around with massive grind. It's really not so much my time sunk that keeps me logging in but almost the nostalgia of when I did like the game. Knowing what equipment I have and can use for what, solving that puzzle as it were. I was hoping to stick around till the anniversary, just to grab all the free stuff and hopfully get MMXon. Maybe even see the unit design winners.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Yeah, DV has sapped a little joy from me, but it is satisfying to complete the content. I agree that 15 trial boss fights in a week is a bit much to take on for casual players, even if the first few are pretty easy to OTKO. My rank has already dropped to 900 over the course of the day. I hope I'm able to stay sub 1k, but whatever.

I've decided that I'm not going to play seriously anymore once NV arrives. I've already gone purely F2P since it was announced. I just can't with that system, even if I have 6-8 copies of some units. It could be months or years before the units I have become NV. I am curious about the unit design winners. We'll see when and how that goes. Maybe we'll get some juicy details in the monthly updates video.

edited June 2020
    Went back and redid a couple of DV stages, currently at like 1206 rank or so. Ended with just over 1.3M points.

I wonder how many cheaters are going to be removed this time? I know at minimum the top ~40 accounts are pretty obviously cheating. I doubt there are enough cheaters to get me under the 1k threshold but I'm solidly in the under 2k rank slot, so that's at least a lot better than I was able to do last time. Progress!

Edit: Also, for anyone who wants to use FWPhysalis against the chocobos tomorrow, I have her set-up in my favorites with 250% M.Bird Killer.

Cruor on
    Well i did the best i could. Half the area 3 bosses are 1 and done. So pretty crappy scores for 3-3 and 3-4. Got Tetra following @Cruor strat. Used every last cactuar to level regina. Didn’t realize she got 200% spirit killer. Took 3 turns on phone without macros, so only S.

Sitting at 5800 right now. As long as i can stay under 10k, i’ll be happy.

I might enjoy DV more when they change the scoring parameters. I think they stopped docking points for taking damage in JP, right? That might make it less annoying.

I cleared T. Sylphid to get the bonus points for completion. Total rank around 4.9k, guessing I'll get bumped above 5k, but not too bad.

If I can find a friend for it, I might try UW Edel for the Chocobo fight, Sinzar had a good video of her clearing it on JP.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Couldn't manage to take down Tetra Sylphid. I found her much harder than Ramuh last time.

Zomro wrote: »
    I might enjoy DV more when they change the scoring parameters. I think they stopped docking points for taking damage in JP, right? That might make it less annoying.

I cleared T. Sylphid to get the bonus points for completion. Total rank around 4.9k, guessing I'll get bumped above 5k, but not too bad.

If I can find a friend for it, I might try UW Edel for the Chocobo fight, Sinzar had a good video of her clearing it on JP.

Scoring parameters for the next DV have been changed! Looks like turns/damage taken have been replaced with "Damage done to elemental weakness" and "LB usage." For the LB one, you can use something like 5 LBs before being docked points.

I mostly didn't like those 2 in area 3. Having the damage taken on area 2 was part of the challenge to gear up all your units for the pre-emptive attack while doing as much damage as possible.

Area 3 was more like a normal trial and 90% of folks aren't OTKO'ing them, so you will take damage and you will use up turns.

I don't think taking away damage taken will change it that much for Area 2. You're still going to want to gear somewhat for pre-emptives or else your units die.
    What it will do is maybe allow you to bring a tank for Area 3 and make going for turn 2-3 kill on the end fights a lot more bearable.

Also, please make sure to put up a FF XIII or XIII-2 bonus unit. Thanks!

Tiphares wrote: »

I don't have much,, but I put my Lightnings there. 75% is 75%.

Interesting that right after DV, they add the copy/paste option. Boy could have used that earlier...

Drascin wrote: »
    Tiphares wrote: »

I don't have much,, but I put my Lightnings there. 75% is 75%.

I just have a placeholder till Lightning X-III is 7*'d. Since she's 100% bonus and better than any of my other units.

I have NEHope and OGLightning up as bonus until I get newLightning to put up. The event is crazy easy, a naked, unpotted 7*NEHope can easily clear it.

OBAMA'd Chocobo trial in 5 turns, FWPhysalis is great. My magic tank died once without reraise up, on turn 4, but everyone had 100%+ wind resist after buff so it didn't matter. Pretty easy trial, went in without a healer at all.

edited June 2020
    I'll be doing the Chocobo trial tonight and giving FWPhysalis a try. I'm not sure what her rotation is. I'm pretty sure you do her imperil and buff CD on turn 1 and then start in with her CWA chainingt? Is her LB part of her rotation? I mean, the boss should be dead by turn 5/6 so it may not matter.

edit: I don't know if the cheaters have been scrubbed from the rankings, but I finished at 946. I guess going back and getting max 1st turn points on a couple of stages made a difference.

Tiphares on
    edited June 2020
    FWPhysalis should kill the chocobo trial by or on turn 5, which is her big big burst turn. Rotation:

T1 : Deep Concentration, Sylphid Type (CD)
    T2 : Deeper Concentration, Physalis Type (CD), Updraft (extra bird killer)
    T3 : 3x CWA chain (either Wind or Water Bullet)
    T4 : 3x CWA chain (either Wind or Water Bullet)
    T5 : Wind or Water Bullet + CWA CD1 + CWA CD2

Her LB is part of her rotation but generally on like, turn 8. The chocobos should be dead well before then.

edit: Cheaters haven't been scrubbed from the rankings yet, looking at the top rankings still shows all of the impossible scores. Also, like, who do the people with 4 or 11 points away from max think they are fooling? It's obvious you cheated, might as well get that perfect score to look at so you feel whatever sense of satisfaction you get from seeing that unearned number.

Cruor on
    I don't have FW Physalis or someone to chain with her (I have CG Terra, but I don't have the cactuars to level her) to go that route for the Chocobo fight.

I'm gonna try with UW Edel and then bring a friend UW Edel (if I can find one) or a friend Edward Elric (that might be more likely) and AoE chain them down.

I can level/pot UW Edel if you don't have any luck finding an Edward friend.

@Zomro I have my Edward setup in Nemesis 1 with 325% bird killer. I'll leave him up for tomorrow as well.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Zomro I have my Edward setup in Nemesis 1 with 325% bird killer. I'll leave him up for tomorrow as well.

Thanks! Trial down, all missions. Edward and Edel got the job done. Rest of the team was

Doc Aiden - provoke/dodge tank and reraise
    SS Charlotte - magic tank and general mitigation from LB
    Kimahri - Reflex every turn
    Sylvie - stat boosts and elemental resist

Threw a couple tickets at each active banner, walked away with Fang#1 and Noel#1. Neat! I'll take that extra bonus for the MK.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Am I missing something or are the raid craftables and MK gear even crappier than usual this time around?

...so, uh, anyone else getting "this event is already finished" with the MK event?

It's with everything as far as I can see. If you bring a non-friend as your friend unit, seems to work though.

Daily login 3* EX ticket dropped rainbow for Radiant Lightning#2.

Don't forget that free daily summons start today!

maraji wrote: »
    Am I missing something or are the raid craftables and MK gear even crappier than usual this time around?

The only things I ever keep from this stuff are elemental resistance stuff. Otherwise at this point with so many TMR's and STMR's, nothing they offer at this ease is going to be of use.

Raid reward 4*+ ticket got me Serah#1. Would have preferred Noel#2, but this is fine too.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »

The only things I ever keep from this stuff are elemental resistance stuff. Otherwise at this point with so many TMR's and STMR's, nothing they offer at this ease is going to be of use.

I missed that we could “enhance” them via crafting. So they aren’t great, but are in line with previous MK purchased gear with the additional hurdle of grinding EP

edited June 2020
    This seems like a weird banner; maybe Covid induced. No new content, just all the old ones thrown together with IW. Rico finally gets his 7* but only 4 unit enhancements? No A2, Vicktor, or the entire Xenogears crew. Also still no mention of their prisms going into the store. If it was just Xenogears plus enhancements, i'd be pulling. But as is? I mean it could be 6 months or never for Bart to get enhanced. Same for Vicktor. Always wanted to pull for him, but with no enhancements, meh.

2B seems like the best bet for using my tickets since her prism is in the shop, which would get me her STMR. Her enhancements seem good, 80% full break on T1? We'll see how her mod's shake out for damage. She's also missing chains on a few abilities, so hopefully they get added.

Elly getting some great enhancements as well. CWA on all 4 elemental moves now as well as 50% innate resist to 4 elements. Sort of a magic Edward.

Trajan45 on
    I wonder if there's going to be more enhancements next week since they need to just pick one unit from each banner.
    Also looks like we get at least 1 unit of choice from all these for free. Which even if you have none, all the following have prisms in the shop and can net you a free(plus 5000 trust coins) 7* unit or STMR if you already have them:
    A2
    2B
    Rena
    Fayt
    Adam Jensen
    Viktor Marchenko

I really hope so. It just feels really weird to have this massive collab which is probably going to be our last chance to pull these units on a banner, without knowing if any other units will be enhanced.