As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Social Isolation = Solium Infernum time?

12346»

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    0ot9rhpgop27.png

Will those last two conclave tokens please drop now!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    My quest to make the map look silly continues.

The archipelago of border gore

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I think it looks like Two Trucks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WchseC9aKTU

Can see em holding hand right over there

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Sorry, it’s me slowing things in these final turns as have been surprisingly busy! Had all the turns in since Saturday as I’m awful. Writing this to remind me to process tonight.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    emm2oa5crx90.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Sorry, my delay again and then when I finally get around to it one of the files is wrong and needs re-sending.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    qpor75e9zozj.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    0hcnwiufju83.png

One token left! You may steal my Praetor but I think it's too little too late.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, I'm currently away from my pc, so it may be a bit before I submit my turn. Father died and I am settling affairs out of state.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, I'm currently away from my pc, so it may be a bit before I submit my turn. Father died and I am settling affairs out of state.

Sorry to hear it - take as long as you need!

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    My condolences @Virgil_Leads_You, sincere though impersonal they may be, from one internet stranger to another.

• Options
    You can have an AI take your last few turns if you want to be able to put this aside. But if you want it to come back to we're happy to wait. It's your choice.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Sure we can swap to AI. I don't wanna hold you all up, and my brain is somewhere else. It has been a lot of fun so far!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    And as I suspected it's all over!

gheabm67esyn.png

raug1tmbgb2h.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    And as I suspected it's all over!

gheabm67esyn.png

raug1tmbgb2h.png

It's been over for a while - my only chance of passing you was objective points / stealing the painting it wasn't possible to.

I actually felt like the Sloth / Deceit build I ended up in went well this time, but with the important fact that something like 40 turns of the game I couldn't get any Darkness even with multiple tribute requests hamstringing me completely.

• Options
    It became fairly quiet at the end there. I had a pretty plum start position to be sure and definitely fell on my feet with a great starting legion. Hadn't intended to go big Destruction but nabbed the +stat artefact so went for it. Having the perk that gives you an extra tribute card to choose from definitely massively helped avoid the frustrating early turn resource droughts and let me boost myself up to four order slots (one from Destruction and one from Prophecy) by mid game.

Then after getting lucky on a few border skirmishes I had my main objective place of power and just kind of sat back. The fear the leader has in this game is needing to respond on multiple fronts but that never really happened. Especially as I could never hold on to a Praetor! You could have all been trouncing me at single combat. By the end I'd used my high Prophecy to pick up a secondary objective (have two event cards in hand) and was holding down rituals that doubled my PoP output and gave me prestige for everyone else's diplomatic actions.

I did get paranoid the quietness might be someone might be going for a Kingmaker victory but I had an event that revealed there was nobody doing that.

I also had a sudden paranoia that someone would go for the excommunication by nuking Pandemonium and try to kill my poorly defended base which was why I started trying to pull together some defences at the end.

Who kept stealing my Preators?

Here's my starting stats:

bdqea2u2as3f.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    It became fairly quiet at the end there. I had a pretty plum start position to be sure and definitely fell on my feet with a great starting legion. Hadn't intended to go big Destruction but nabbed the +stat artefact so went for it. Having the perk that gives you an extra tribute card to choose from definitely massively helped avoid the frustrating early turn resource droughts and let me boost myself up to four order slots (one from Destruction and one from Prophecy) by mid game.

Then after getting lucky on a few border skirmishes I had my main objective place of power and just kind of sat back. The fear the leader has in this game is needing to respond on multiple fronts but that never really happened. Especially as I could never hold on to a Praetor! You could have all been trouncing me at single combat. By the end I'd used my high Prophecy to pick up a secondary objective (have two event cards in hand) and was holding down rituals that doubled my PoP output and gave me prestige for everyone else's diplomatic actions.

I did get paranoid the quietness might be someone might be going for a Kingmaker victory but I had an event that revealed there was nobody doing that.

I also had a sudden paranoia that someone would go for the excommunication by nuking Pandemonium and try to kill my poorly defended base which was why I started trying to pull together some defences at the end.

Who kept stealing my Preators?

Here's my starting stats:

bdqea2u2as3f.png

The first one was me. I'd be willing to bet any others were Austin, since I kept bouncing rituals off him.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I didn't actually steal anything from anyone.

I realized pretty quickly I had no clue how to actually win this one, so I instead flipped to just trying to random assemble means to throw chaos out there.

Pretty much any event that impacted everyone negatively I had fired (I don't believe any that I played had specific targets, even if they only targeted one person).

I started Charisma high to get more resources, but when I lost both armies in a single turn, I honestly didn't have a clue how to respond.

Edit: My starting stats.
    4oizglr3l4um.png

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    rlj127o1662x.png
    jp053hh2gmvn.png

So start / end stats above.

"Get tribute, raise stats, play defense," like 90% worked until I forgot that Jam would be choosing the vendetta terms off that insult. I should just have eaten it.

I think I could probably have easily fulfilled Gluttony with this build, which might've been a better plan.

Also, I take it back - Jakobagger was the one bouncing my rituals. Austin was the one I was framing.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    At least I managed to make my score less embarassing than it looked the first many turns, while I was sitting around boosting my stats. Ended up with 4 order slots, from 4 cunning and 4 wickedness. Also yes I was the one stealing a bunch of stuff. Too bad I couldn't scrape together enough Darkness for the really fancy rituals, stealing legions seems like it'd be pretty powerful.

Taking slothful and making all my legions move only 1 a turn was horrible and meant I couldn't justify moving much the first many turns and missed out on a bunch of Canton points.

I was kind of dreaming of eventually vendettaing Jam Warrior and taking the Temple of Lust, but never felt quite safe enough to do it, although I had some siege related artifacts in my back pocket (which, I also had designs on the Vats of Torment and maybe the Palace of Gluttony). I got up and running way too late and wasn't devious enough to figure out a clever way to rush it. Should have single combat spammed Jam Warrior maybe, and tried to organize a united front against him in some way. I seem to recall last time we did try some shenanigans right at the very end.

My starting stats:
    czaoAr3.png

End stats:
    94aQFUQ.png

jakobagger on
  • Options
    At the end I was making 7 prestige a turn in income and had the biggest territory, but again, way too late.

• Options
    I'd be interested in playing another round now that I sort of remember how the game works. Not necessarily right this minute but soon-ish, before I forget again. If anyone's up for it.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    OMG!

Tweet from the Armello devs. i.e. A hugely successful lavish online board game.

Could it be?

Could it???

Even if it isn't, it'll probably be pretty rad whatever it is coming from League of Geeks.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    I didn't love Armello, but I'll retain optimism until I have s reason not to!

• Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    You can (and should!) Follow and Wishlist the new Solium Infernum on Steam!

• Options

https://bit.ly/LoG_Playtesting

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    What would everyone's wishlist changes be for the remake?

I think I would like the whole card mechanic to be ditched. Just have resources exist on their own without being tied to cards. Worrying about wasting resources because they were tied to one card, or wasting orders combining resource cards was clunky.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    And the remake comes out tomorrow.

$40????!!!!!