As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mildly salty about Yuel losing sword prof for harp

liEt3nH.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    2/6

UD9seuLh.png

Still a couple more easy ones within reach if I can get the grinding done.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So if I understand correctly, astral weapons gain a good “When main weapon” skill at 120, then drops that requirement at 200? Seems pretty dope, if a little tedious.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited June 2020
    because of how the drops have gone the only thing i need anymore at ALL from Aquila is Flameborne Astra and i'm torn between grinding it for the last pieces or just working on the other two and spending (checks notes) 171000 arcapoints on Astra.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Second option, I feel. Three birds with one stone

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So if I understand correctly, astral weapons gain a good “When main weapon” skill at 120, then drops that requirement at 200? Seems pretty dope, if a little tedious.

Even without the mainhand skill they are the strongest modifier EX weapon

I run Rhongomyniad in my Light grid because of that and because it's a spear for Cosmo Spear

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Maintenance is over, and the character rebalance is live!

And fucking lol they managed to make dark even stronger, DAO is busted as fuck now.

Like, "does more damage than FLB Six" busted; it's hella dumb.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Maintenance is over, and the character rebalance is live!

And fucking lol they managed to make dark even stronger, DAO is busted as fuck now.

Like, "does more damage than FLB Six" busted; it's hella dumb.

I don't see how semi-permanent +50% damage cap could be a problem at all

TZdupCJ.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Is that the Yuisis CD?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Is that the Yuisis CD?
    Ayep. Was feeling slightly better about the game so I gave in and spent some money because Yuisis <3

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited June 2020

I’m thinking maybe 4* my DAO, put in Six, give it another try

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I managed to take down the Proud+ RotB fight for the first time. I'm attributing that kill to getting Rei and Olivia's rebalance because she put out just a ton of damage.

This wasn't intended to be a brag, but I got the Proud+ done in record time myself.
    7 turns with the Dark lucha meme dream team, probably should have been 6

Lucha, Shalem, Kolulu, Nier, Zooey, Olivia w/ Qilin sub
    4 turns of team wide invulnerability
    Huanglong died to nukes at the start of T3, then still had plenty of damage left to race Qilin

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    1/6:

O8FWjYhh.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I wonder what the next GW element is...

blCvWirh.png

(3/6!)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Ooh, new Pengy is a Robot Suit for her Robot Suit. The skills are pretty neat too

(Pegi, Pegi, Pegi! has a zero turn cool down, instead spends a resource)

jnij103vqi2i.png
    unknown.png

GW is here, and this is working really well for FA.

I was expecting Yuisis to die on turn 3 or so to bring in fraux, but she hilariously manages to survive the entire fight most of the time.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    so that GW sucked huh

liEt3nH.png
    I can't wait for whatever their non-pvp based GW alternative is

I did manage to scrounge up 20ish boxes toward Funf. I'll get the rest in August.

unknown.png

Someone fucked up and leaked some upgrade notes on the JP side early.

Grand Leona incoming, wow

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    lyqlcqwwy2o5.png

i want to jam hollowsky spear, because i'm a baller

which slot would you replace

liEt3nH.png
  • Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Replace that off-element staff obvi

a15oijg2bu9m.png

liEt3nH.png
    You already have a ton of EX mod (hollowsky + xeno harp + anubis staff) so definitely replace Xeno Sword.

I would also consider going Glorybringer or Kengo so that MC could get the hollowsky bonus; that would let you main hand the ultimate katana and drop the Xeno Harp for a FLB Medusa Harp (you could also do this in the LJ setup by main handing the opus, but I don't know how much you value the Xeno CA).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    oh staff is EX? i completely missed that i thought it was normal

well that's fuckin' simple then

liEt3nH.png
    Because I don’t like trying to organize co-ops, I work on soloing

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Today I finished my last M2 grid. I just need to spend some time skilling up my Dark opus and I'm good to go. It feels kind of incredible to get that out of the way. I still want to grind out the parts of a water staff grid, but now I feel like I have lots more freedom.

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    So i am starting this, day two. I have been doing lots of Main Quest missions. up to Rank 20. What other activities should I be doing? what is an "optimal" way to use AP/EP?

8EVmPzM.jpg
    For now just go through the main quest until you hit chapter... 33? I think? It's around there that you'll unlock the Omega Series of raids (Yggdrasil Omega, Tiamat Omega, etc), and those are the first series of raids that you will be farming for weapons/summons to improve your grid.

Speaking of grids, consider reading up on how the weapon skills/summon auras work in this game, as your grid, not your characters, is the majority of your power/how you progress in this game. For the first chunk of the main story you can get by with just auto selecting and bringing characters that have an elemental advantage, but eventually (chapter 40+ iirc) you're gonna want to figure out how the grid system works. The GBF wiki has some good resources, and there are a few different infographs of varying readability that might help as well.

And that's the basic gameplay loop, farm raids for weapons to equip and skill level up to make your team hit harder, eventually unlocking new raids through ranking up/main story progression, and repeating this over and over again for each element.

Stuff you should focus spending AP/EP on for now:

Once you unlock the Omega raids, your best use of AP will be hosting each of them the max number of times you are allowed to each day. You definitely won't be able to kill them by yourself, but that doesn't matter cause all you care about it the host reward chest you automatically get for hosting the raid. Do whatever damage you can do, hit request backup (consider tweeting it out if you want people to come faster, there are raid finders that comb twitter for backup codes), and watch it explode.

The mats you need to host these raids are dropped from the normal/hard versions of these raids (hard is a misnomer here, they are much easier than the Omega versions). You can and should host each of these 3 times a day to stockpile the host mats you need for the omega raid. If you don't have enough AP/time/patience to do all this nonsense, focus on whichever element you want to build first and at least do your daily hosts for that ele. It's pretty common for early players to focus on one ele at a time and then, after you build it up a bit, use that ele to move on farm whichever raid it has an advantage over.

EP will be spent on leeching Omega raids and praying for a drop. As long as you perform literally any action that has an effect on the boss, the game will give you loot whenever the boss is killed. So until you get strong enough to solo fights, most of your EP will be spent "one punching" aka joining a raid, hitting attack, then going back to the raid select screen and repeating the process.

Speaking of leeching, if you can manage to leech enough mats to get even one copy of a weapon from the ongoing Xeno Vohu Manah event, that would be a huge boost to any earth team you plan to make. The Xeno events drop a special type of weapon that is BiS/near BiS for most of the game, so even just picking up one copy would be nice. If you can't manage it then don't worry about it too much, these events get rerun and there are permanently farmable alternatives.

So, uh, tl;dr: Do the main story until you unlock omega raids, then focus on hosting the omega raid of whichever ele you want to build. Spend EP leeching and one punching those omega raids. If you can leech mats for a Xeno weapon in the 2 days that are left in the event that would be cool, but don't worry about it if you cant. Check out the GBF wiki/various reddit infographs/ask in this thread to figure out how grid building works, since that is both the most important and most obtuse part of the game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    thanks a bunch this helps a lot!

8EVmPzM.jpg
    I definitely recommend a throwaway Twitter account for raids. You're much more likely to get people to join if you tweet out the help request. For the basic omega raids, the best way to get your grid going is the "wanpan" method, where you join a raid, hit it once and then move to the next one. To do this, you're going to want a raid finder, like this one:

http://gbf-raidfinder.aikats.us/

time to grind two more awakening levels cowards

liEt3nH.png
    I have 13 or so main story chapters to read through before I can get the cute school skin, ahhhh

I want my dumb Sword/Bookbag combo

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    y'all want a Water Majestas well good news about the new raid

liEt3nH.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I have 13 or so main story chapters to read through before I can get the cute school skin, ahhhh

I'm still at chapter 90 so...I've got a lot of MSQ to get through.

IKknkhU.gif

liEt3nH.png