As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

CruorCruor Registered User regular
edited August 2021 in Games and Technology
y5g9crza5vp7.png

What is Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?
A mobile game for iOS and Android, produced in collaboration between Square Enix (Final Fantasy et al) and Gumi/Alim (responsible for Brave Frontier). The game’s story is based around a young knight named Rain and his friend and stepbrother Lasswell, who one day encounter a strange sight: a young girl trapped in a crystal. Following her words, they encounter the power of “Visions,” or the ability to summon warriors from other places and times to assist in battle.

Neo Visions
The New Hotness are Neo Vision units, or NVs. There are two forms of NV unit: Summoned Neo Visions (NV) and Awakened Neo Visions (NVA). NV units are summoned as NV rarity at level 1 and cap at level 120. When summoned, they will come with a Vision Card, which grant base stats and unlockable abilities when equipped to an NV or NVA unit. To Awaken a unit to NVA, first you must have their STMR and an additional copy which you can convert into awakening materials (much like Prism conversion for 7* awakening).

NV units have multiple new awakened states, called EX levels. Both forms of NV unit will start at EX+0. Please refer to the following infographic in the spoiler to see how to EX awaken your NV units, and the rewards for doing so:
95wzz2e2qhn9.jpg

In addition to this, each NV unit will have Brave Abilities. Brave Abilities can be both active and passive abilities (shown in reddish orange instead of the regular blue) that start at Level 1 and can be upgraded up to Level 5. To do so, you will need new materials called Insignias and Forticite.
Insignias are specific to each NV release and can be farmed from a new challenge boss that comes with their banner (found in the Vortex under the Challenge tab). Global Exclusive (GLEX) units all appear to share the same Insignias, although as of yet there are no GLEX NVAs.
Summoned NV units will require 180 Insignias to fully upgrade their Brave Abilities, while Awakened NV units will need 225 Insignias.
Forticite can be obtained as rewards from various places, including the Mog King shop.

Helpful Links:

ExviusWiki: Best source for Global version information, with maps for exploration dungeons, quest guides, and unit details.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Reddit: The reddit community for FFBE, containing info and updates for both the Japan and Global versions. Check here if you want to know what kind of stuff we'll get 5-6 months in advance since Japan gets it first. Also contains useful player-submitted guides, and has a Wiki which is up to date with the current state of Japan's game, so you can look ahead at unit enhancements and trust masteries, that sort of thing.

FFBE Equip: A site used to help you build your units for whatever content your heart desires. You can even link it to your FFBE account and it will only use gear you personally own. Especially useful for Dark Visions!

Friend ID List!:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfEIPxz_tV42C8dhfSiuVsWJ_f2YQhXiNg5BwiuJCik/edit?usp=sharing

To find your friend ID in the game, tap Home in the upper right corner (on most screens), then the Menu icon in the upper right, then Player Info on the left. Your ID should look like this in your little character card: 123,456,789.

aqnn3q0cw6aq.png

Cruor on

• Options
    I really really hope that this collab rerun thing isn't a one off and they come back to other collabs like SoM and...well, mostly SoM. And give Randi latents that make him meta.

I can dream.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Nice title!

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I have my AC Cloud set up with 250% Bug Killer and a bunch of ATK and LB damage as well in Nemesis 1 if anyone is looking to use him tomorrow. Had to craft a bunch of orange Esper ore to grab the bug killer nodes on Golem but that's fine, not like those relics are being used for anything else.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I’ve got a bug killer WH Raegan up in the favorite slot.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I'm digging Rena's enhancements. There's a lot of them, too. She can W-cast any of her abilities now (including Silence, which is the same as Manufactured Nethecite), picks up innate DW and 100% SPR TDW, can make the team immune to all status effects, stop, charm and breaks and now has a 120% light imperil with a light imbue (three turns on a four turn CD, so there's downtime, but still nice).

And her LB picks up non dispellable stat buffs and AoE reraise.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Jazzed that it turns out the theorizing was correct and Elly can be used as a Dark Visions magic finisher now.
    Hopefully that's enough to make not having XWQL less of a handicap.
    Rena's enhancements are extra amazing considering she's one of the few units that has her prism in the shop; so you can get her 7* for the low low cost of 5000 trust coins and the free UoC from the event.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Bug Trial was... not very hard. Lilith got a nice chance to shine by going AoE guard in the second fight and then magic guard in the third fight.
    Gilgamesh and Odin Raegan go very well together. Ice power, pew pew. Down in five turns. Would have been faster but 25% chance to dispel is a lie.

Edit: Looks like if you're going for Rico, you should stop and wait. Possible issue with his banner or at least the posted rates. Every unit seems to have a 0.75% on-banner rate posted; regardless of number of units. Which is great for the banners with 3+ 5* units; but Rico is the only on-banner on his, so his on-banner rate is down from the usual 1.5%.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Feels like they have DV in mind when working on these enhancements.

2B gets an 80% break T1, but can't sustain it (still has 74% on LB for backup). Her rotation still seems as complicated as ever though lol.
    Elly get chaining moves for 4 elements now, increasing her flexibility in DV and can finish with her LB.
    Adam gets mirage and AR chaining with a huge multiplier for getting that 100 chain.
    Rena even gets a Light imperil/party wide imbue for when you need light damage in DV. Not to mention she's now a meta buffer and healer in one.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Bug trial down, all missions. None of my WH Raegan friends were prepared for the fight (at least the ones that were selectable), so I brought a WotV Gilgamesh friend. The rotations don't fit together too cleanly, but they work well together nonetheless.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Trajan45 wrote: »

2B gets an 80% break T1, but can't sustain it (still has 74% on LB for backup). Her rotation still seems as complicated as ever though lol.
    Elly get chaining moves for 4 elements now, increasing her flexibility in DV and can finish with her LB.
    Adam gets mirage and AR chaining with a huge multiplier for getting that 100 chain.
    Rena even gets a Light imperil/party wide imbue for when you need light damage in DV. Not to mention she's now a meta buffer and healer in one.

Adam upsets me because it's a cooldown, so you can't w-cast it. And I'm pretty sure AR chains break when you do one unit dual-casting and the other unit doing a dual-wield casts it twice sort of thing.
    So I think he's only good for one AR chain, which isn't enough for 100 :(

Edit: 10% rainbow rate is no joke; threw 9 tickets looking for another Elly to try for her STMR and got two rainbows. Both were off banner though, AWoL #1 (yessss) and Palom&Porom #3 (meh).

Lorek on
  • Options
    Bug trial down here as well. Nobody had properly geared AC Clouds so it could have gone faster but still got it done with all missions. Tried it without mirage first and then conceded that mirage would be useful so threw ALocke in as my breaker for the successful attempt. Sieghard tanked everything like a boss without evade, which was nice.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Lorek wrote: »

Adam upsets me because it's a cooldown, so you can't w-cast it. And I'm pretty sure AR chains break when you do one unit dual-casting and the other unit doing a dual-wield casts it twice sort of thing.
    So I think he's only good for one AR chain, which isn't enough for 100 :(

Edit: 10% rainbow rate is no joke; threw 9 tickets looking for another Elly to try for her STMR and got two rainbows. Both were off banner though, AWoL #1 (yessss) and Palom&Porom #3 (meh).

I mean technically you could equip other AR chainers with DW. Or use FID for Water Break. Not sure how much damage is lost with Elena, Elle, or A. Fry by going DW.

Personally I wish AR would die and they'd just go with Extreme Nova for long chain moves since it's much easier to use. Or they could fix AR...

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I lost my mind and did the step-up twice and threw a bunch of tickets at the SOA and JC4 banners. I think I'll be able to get some nice STMRs out of all that and some shiny new 7*s. Now to decide how to use my 3x Collab UoCs.

Step-ups: Viktor x3, 2B x2, Lezard x2 (#2 and #3), Elly #1, Fayt #1, Sophia #1, Rena #1, Adam #1, Fei #4, and Lenneth #2
    Tickets: Machina #4, Op Zyrus #2, Yunalesca #1, Sol #1, Zeno #3, and Rico #2.

• Options
    Oof that is a tough call.
    Well, you can buy a 7* Rena/Adam/Fayt and Viktor STMR with trust coins, so can cross those out.

Personally, if you don't have XWQL, I feel like getting an Elly #2 is a must have right now for mage challenges. Unless Ace/Rem come out before the next one, anyway.
    Then I'd be stuck between going for 2 more Rena's for her STMR or one more 2B+trust coins for her STMR maybe?.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I used 50 tickets on the Nier banner because I never got A2 or 2B in the previous reruns. I got 5 rainbows, all off banner :(

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I seriously wonder if they're fucked up the rates on this one.. so many banners at once, I could totally see a mistake.
    And the posted rates are so weird.. like the 5 unit VK or Xenogears banners have a 3.75 out of 10% on banner rate, but the Rico banner has a 0.75 out of 10% on-banner rate?
    And then we see that I got two rainbows, both off-banner; Tiphares ticket rainbows are 1/6, Artereis is 0/5.

Small data sample but definitely off-putting.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Oof that is a tough call.
    Well, you can buy a 7* Rena/Adam/Fayt and Viktor STMR with trust coins, so can cross those out.

Personally, if you don't have XWQL, I feel like getting an Elly #2 is a must have right now for mage challenges. Unless Ace/Rem come out before the next one, anyway.
    Then I'd be stuck between going for 2 more Rena's for her STMR or one more 2B+trust coins for her STMR maybe?.
    I do have XWQL, but Elly would be a great asset to add to the team. I do have 35k trust coins right now, so I'll be going for Viktor STMR and Rena 7* for sure. The other two I'm not sold on yet. I'm going to wait until next week and see if there is a surprise update to the trust coin shop or more enhancements. I was hoping for multiple copies of Rena from the step-ups because I really want her STMR, but that 2B STMR is pretty juicy and it would make her much stronger because Cruel Oath is not that great.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hm. Kinda don't think it's worth trying to run a few steps in the step up. Of the featured units I have three Lenneths, one Rena, one Jensen, one Elly, one Maria, one Bart, and I think that's about it. And about 52k lapis.

Is there enough free tickets for some UoC'ing? (And if so, where? Login seems to give 3)

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Rena from ticket + Prism is tempting. She's really good. 2B's STMR is also tempting.

I'm still not doing anything till next week. Still hoping Xenogears prism's are coming and more enhancements.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Hm. Kinda don't think it's worth trying to run a few steps in the step up. Of the featured units I have three Lenneths, one Rena, one Jensen, one Elly, one Maria, one Bart, and I think that's about it. And about 52k lapis.

Is there enough free tickets for some UoC'ing? (And if so, where? Login seems to give 3)

You'll get enough ticket's to UoC 1 unit for free.

• Options

Three from the login; and then this item world gives out coins as event point rewards. There's a box summon with the coins and there's two other tickets in there.

• Options

You'll get enough ticket's to UoC 1 unit for free.

Hmmm. Well, I could get Elly to 7* at least. I just don't know if I want to spend lapis when I expect the whole fest with fan design characters thing shouldn't be that far off.

• Options
    Are there any bonus units for this IW?

• Options
    Most featured collab units seem to be. I'm bringing my 7* Lenneth to aid my chances a bit.

• Options
    lol threw 1 ticket at Xenogears, rainbow. Then I remembered off banner rainbows were a thing... A. Fryevia #5.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah. 10% rainbow chance, but it's like 1-2% of that is on-banner (or less in the case of Rico).

edit: I can't stop throwing tickets at these banners. The 10% rainbow rate is too tempting. I've finished off a couple of STMRs and picked up some new units along the way. I got WoL Lenna #4, CG Zidane, and Sophia #2 last night in 10 tickets.

MK 30K & 60K tickets were Jiraiya #7 and MM Xon #3! I bought MMXon's prism and got his STMR to run through IW.

Tiphares on
  • Options

Yes, but the items they give a bonus for are all garbage even with their extra +60% stat

Basically all the collaboration units.
    apv5d7tl02ia.jpeg

• Options
    maraji wrote: »

Yes, but the items they give a bonus for are all garbage even with their extra +60% stat

apv5d7tl02ia.jpeg

There are a couple good ones. Little General is great and the Lightning daggers I've had to use a couple times, so I'm running them through.

Daily reformed rainbow, A2 #1. Really hope she gets enhanced next week now lol. Her TMR is really in line for a Ellesperis upgrade as well, maybe 20 more damage and TDH.

• Options
    edited June 2020

apv5d7tl02ia.jpeg

There are a couple good ones. Little General is great and the Lightning daggers I've had to use a couple times, so I'm running them through.

Daily reformed rainbow, A2 #1. Really hope she gets enhanced next week now lol. Her TMR is really in line for a Ellesperis upgrade as well, maybe 20 more damage and TDH.

The atk stat on most of them is so low the FD nerf hits them to the point that you aren’t using them for damage, just for building element chains though. Little General is the best of the bunch, but I’ve stacked hp on mine already. I guess if I can get the rare on it it might be cool, but those come so infrequently for me I’d rather just focus on all these good items with crappy rolls on them.

maraji on
  • Options

apv5d7tl02ia.jpeg

The atk stat on most of them is so low the FD nerf hits them to the point that you aren’t using them for damage, just for building element chains though. Little General is the best of the bunch, but I’ve stacked hp on mine already. I guess if I can get the rare on it it might be cool, but those come so infrequently for me I’d rather just focus on all these good items with crappy rolls on them.

Yeah I'm only going for the unique. Without the boosted rare rate, no way I'm running a super situational weapon over and over.

• Options
    I got really lucky with Little General and got the unique + rare + 10% HP in one run. No luck with rares since then. Mostly focusing on Lightning (FFXIII-2)'s STMR, then I'll try to get a better run on the insect trial rod.

• Options
    Well, I went three steps into the banner, since that would leave me with 38k lapis, which should be enough for a full future lap on any emergency banner that pops out of nowhere with some cushion.

Landed Fayt 1, Sophia 1, Maria 2, Lenneth 4 (that is a damn nice bow, now to run it a million times in item world and never get the rare), Freya 1, Arngrim 1, Jensens 2 and 3. Which, you know, not bad, but I was kinda hoping for a second Rena or Elly so I could UoC the other one.

• Options
    Do what your comfertable with, but for me I'd go the full banner. Getting 3 out of 5 tickets would bug the hell out of me lol. Which then you have a 2nd UoC which you could get both Rena and Elly.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I wasn't going to spend lapis before the anniversary, but after those tickets came up with nothing I really wanted a chance at the Nier rainbows, so I did a lap. Got a fair number of rainbows, but the important ones were Arngrim #4, Sophia #2 and A2 #1. The ticket let me snag 2B and I bought each of the Nier prisms, so I came out with the only collab units pre-DragonQuest that I was missing now at 7*. I'll use the regular event tickets to get a copy of Rico and that should be it.

If we ever get Xenogears or VP prisms in the shop, I'll be able to finish Fei, Bartz, Lenneth and Freya STMRs.

Artereis on
  • Options
    Do what your comfertable with, but for me I'd go the full banner. Getting 3 out of 5 tickets would bug the hell out of me lol. Which then you have a 2nd UoC which you could get both Rena and Elly.

I am considering it, yeah. It's just that lapis ain't that easy to come by, and 10K lapis to finish the lap isn't exactly chump change.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I keep eyeing the banner and keep telling myself to wait. Yes, Elly would be a great boost to my magic DV rankings, but that's about all I want and could easily just UoC + omni her if nothing else.

Gotta save that sweet sweet lapis for anniversary nonsense.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Cruor wrote: »
    I got really lucky with Little General and got the unique + rare + 10% HP in one run. No luck with rares since then. Mostly focusing on Lightning (FFXIII-2)'s STMR, then I'll try to get a better run on the insect trial rod.

Lol look what just rolled:
    wa316d2tidrz.jpeg

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Lol look what just rolled:
    wa316d2tidrz.jpeg

I spoke it into being!

• Options
    So, how are these mantises bypassing cover? Is the wiki incomplete?

• Options
    So, how are these mantises bypassing cover? Is the wiki incomplete?

They have ST physical, cover/provoke ignoring attacks. They can be evaded, so mirage helps.