As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E3 is dead. Gamescom August 27th!

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I want the orb, but I want to be able to unscrew the top half and drop a disc in, then screw it back on and play my game.

I mean, really, I want to never again buy a game in a physical store, but floating screwable orb is a close second.

Wait...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    That's right, they're releasing two PS5s

Fuck, I hope I'm fast enough to preorder one of them!!!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    big missed opportunity if they don't have Big E host the PS5 reveal

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Looking forward to the update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNQcdThO4ZA

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Why is it that the 360/PS3 gen felt like it lasted 15 years and the PS4/XB1 gen feels like it's lasted 4 years, when in fact they have both been about the same length?

Did time change somehow?

This happens every time there's new consoles coming out

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Why is it that the 360/PS3 gen felt like it lasted 15 years and the PS4/XB1 gen feels like it's lasted 4 years, when in fact they have both been about the same length?

Did time change somehow?

i think people generally expect the existing consoles to feel old and withered when a new generation comes out, but that never really happens

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular

I always hoped he'd do one of these for the 360.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Did time change somehow?

i think people generally expect the existing consoles to feel old and withered when a new generation comes out, but that never really happens

Also there's always still a bunch of games coming out for the current gen that a lot of people want.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    the refresh in this generation with the xbox one x and PS4 Pro also helped

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Nintendo is usually off the cycle as well and their releases make generations feel strange

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Did time change somehow?

Eh, recent console games have looked pretty but run like hot garbage for the last couple years. That might just be because they’re not optimizing for the older hardware due to half-step consoles but my PS4 is definitely showing its age.

I don’t remember this level of performance problems in the previous generation jump.

I’m ready for everything about ps5 except the fact I gotta give them more money.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Did he ever do one for the Xbox One where he was just vaguely disappointed with the experience?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    el_vicio wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-XvB-x6SeQ

back in 2003 it looked kinda cool
    and honestly the cel-shading of the day sorta worked, it was done much more on the texture side than with an actual programmable shader, but they faked the effect really well
    and there was some neat stuff with the panel-on-panel transitions

i wonder how much of a remake it will be, like just upscaling existing assets or actually changing gameplay and assets

edit:
    oh oops, missed the link enitrely, I guess they are re-doing assets/shaders!
    also this voice acting is... very 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJU0lA-rkwA&feature=emb_title

Brolo on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Paul would, but Matt keeps breaking them.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    where my Tokyo Jungle 2: Tokyo Harder at

• Options
    Will they finally announce the new Batman game they've been teasing since September??

(no)

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Will they finally announce the new Batman game they've been teasing since September??

(no)

I'm gonna say maybe

I dunno, I've got a gut feeling

• Options

(no)

WB is partnering up with Geoff Keighley during the summer game fest stuff, so there might be something there?

also what on earth is rocksteady working on

is everyone there still OK

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

(no)

WB is partnering up with Geoff Keighley during the summer game fest stuff, so there might be something there?

In the biggest twist of all, it's a Man-Bat game

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

like if they bust this back out... i could be cool with a superman game

it would at least be interesting to see what angle they take with translating superman's abilities into a gameplay loop

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Superman doesn't work in an action game

I still think a Telltale-styled narrative game is the correct take for Superman, personally

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I hope they've rethought some things because a new Batman game in the style and writing quality of the Arkham games is gonna be a rough fucking sell right now

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I hope they've rethought some things because a new Batman game in the style and writing quality of the Arkham games is gonna be a rough fucking sell right now

It's not police brutality when it's a vigilante working with the police.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Superman doesn't work in an action game

Mu3YyxG.jpg.jpg
    sure he does! you just have to get creative with things for superman to do!

Brolo on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Nintendo is usually off the cycle as well and their releases make generations feel strange

Yeah technically if you just count the number of generations, the Switch is in the same generation as the PS5 and XBSX

but it's 3 years old and underpowered compared to an XB1 and will probably be replaced in 3-4 years by a new thing while the PS5 and XBSX are in their prime

sig.gif
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Metroidvania where Supes is dosed with kryptonite by Lex and has to beat down Lex's lieutenants to get the cure piece by piece. After regaining his full strength he rips Lex in twain.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It doesn't help that the Wii U lasted like two weeks

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

Yeah technically if you just count the number of generations, the Switch is in the same generation as the PS5 and XBSX

but it's 3 years old and underpowered compared to an XB1 and will probably be replaced in 3-4 years by a new thing while the PS5 and XBSX are in their prime

it kinda made sense to all be on the same cycle when console formats were largely the same (PS2/XBOX/GC) because a lot of components and silicon were either shared or very similar between them

but yeah now with nintendo's hardware being mobile stuff they don't really need to be on the same production cycles at all

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    make a cartoon-ass golden age batman game

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I'm not expecting much but I would like to see some games that are coming out this year. That would be nice.

• Options

(no)

i would hella play that

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Glo-ver
    Glo-ver
    Glo-ver
    Glo-ver

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

(no)

i would hella play that

I know! Way cooler than Superman

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

(no)

i would hella play that

Or Tarantula-man or whatever his name was. He was pretty neat too, screw spider-man

• Options

(no)

i would hella play that

Or Tarantula-man or whatever his name was. He was pretty neat too, screw spider-man

You mean when Parker mutated into a hideous spidermonster? That freaked me out as a kid in Spider-Man TAS

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    50$ on capcom ports being the first slated releases

icGJy2C.png
This discussion has been closed.