As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Is this going to be on a stream?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @Elvenshae !!!!

VRYreSg.png

MU HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    @Aumni is jerking it up in chat, tossing me Persona 4 Golden like a big ol' jerk.

Can't wait to see what all this hype is about!!

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Griftlands came out a day early: https://store.steampowered.com/app/601840/Griftlands/

And dropped with a demo!

$15 american with a 15% discount and the intention to raise the price before the end of summer. With the next update scheduled June 25th.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Wiv9ybv.png
    Battle 2.6 continued
    @Florin vs @CorriganX
    After a long battle of ties Florin and Corrigan decided to call a truce. They'd take some time to train and prepare bfore their next duel, which they both agreed would be the final one.
    Florin took to the hills and meditated alongside a dedicated regiment of sword training.
    HZJ6faO.jpg
    Florin realized the sword he'd been using was simply too big no matter how cool it made him feel, and selected something more appropriate.
    Meanwhile Corrigan was devising another cunning plan, one involving a cardboard cutout of a pizza chef. Corrigan figured the pizza would get Florin to drop their guard and then....victory.
    Ebl2Cbs.jpg
    Unfortunately for Corrigan, Florin was intensely lactose intolerant and in self defense he lopped the pizza chef's head off. Florin was surprised to discover it was Corrigan in disguise!
    As a reward, Florin threw caution to the wind and decided to have some pizza after all. Oh no, the quickening had begun...
    cTaEtHU.jpg
    On the fourth throw Florin's scissors beats Corrigans paper. There could be only one more person heading into Round Three, and it's Florin.
    That's it for Round Two. We're down to six remaining players. In Round Three we'll quickly drop those down to three finalists and then have one dispatched player return as a surprise wildcard for the final matches.
    Here's the current standings. The round three matchups will be randomized before we start those.
    7o7y22udnh8i.png

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Man, Chie's new VA is bugging the shit out of me. She's much more anime sounding now.

Its amazing how much it changes how the character comes across. She's like an annoyingly excited pipsqueak that refuses not to go ham on every line.

"I KNOW THIS IS AN 80 HOUR STORY BUT I'M STILL GOING TO VOICE EVERY LINE LIKE THIS IS A RUSHED 30 MINUTE EPISODE OF A TV SHOW."

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Also Floppy Knights got a demo and all you card nerds should check it out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057800/Floppy_Knights/

Its like the Advance Wars (?) of Card 'em ups! With cute graphics!

That was fun enough, but I had trouble wrapping my head around the fact it was almost 4 GB. Sure we all have pentabytes of free space these days but my SSD isn't quite infinite yet.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    eff52z4filx7.png

Wow, look at all those people with bad color choices.

Pink was my 2 pick, and I'm bummed that I'm the only purple!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I'm more of a sepia brown man, myself.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Random question since we're in the not-e3 times. Anyone remember what the co-op game by the ex-bioware people was called? I think it was vaguely L4D-y?

@Spoit, Breach?

Speaking of random games, whatever happened to that game about the berserk robots in Sweden? Generation Zero? I feel like I heard a bunch about that game before it came out and then absolutely nothing afterward. A quick glance at review scores looks bad. Was the game so terrible it immediately dropped off the radar?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    w01ojxkh3fve.png

I love Bomberman. I wish it was still popular. One of the first Battle Royales, enclosing arenas and all :P

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Aww man, it's kind of a bummer for most of us to be whittled out in the first round.

I wanted to know how the photos and food choices would end up factoring in.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    w01ojxkh3fve.png

I love Bomberman. I wish it was still popular. One of the first Battle Royales, enclosing arenas and all :P

One of the (many) highlights of the recently-released TurboGrafx-16 Mini / PC Engine Mini console is its inclusion of both Bomberman '93 and Bomberman '94. There are some wonderful games on that machine and they are definitely two worth noting. (With enough controllers and a multitap, it supports up to five players in both games, too, just as the original did.)

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Hey, P4G broke past FFXV. :)

Persona might be the most popular JRPG on steam now?

(previous was around 29,200 ingame or so)

rujk4xB.png

Edit: Turns out FFXV's record was 29,298 and it just broke that anyway.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Man, Chie's new VA is bugging the shit out of me. She's much more anime sounding now.

Its amazing how much it changes how the character comes across. She's like an annoyingly excited pipsqueak that refuses not to go ham on every line.

"I KNOW THIS IS AN 80 HOUR STORY BUT I'M STILL GOING TO VOICE EVERY LINE LIKE THIS IS A RUSHED 30 MINUTE EPISODE OF A TV SHOW."

Just play it in the original Japanese :P

Subs > Dubs.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    eff52z4filx7.png

Wow, look at all those people with bad color choices.

I know. Someone chose pink. Can you believe that?

Fun facts: I actually had a tiny bit of code in the matchmatcher that would ensure that Pixie will always get pink, but it was commented out. Turns out I didn't need it anyway!

• Options
    edited June 2020

Just play it in the original Japanese :P

Subs > Dubs.
    No way.

I love the english cast of P3 and P4. Just not...this particular one.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Hey, P4G broke past FFXV. :)

Persona might be the most popular JRPG on steam now?

(previous was around 29,200 ingame or so)

rujk4xB.png

Edit: Turns out FFXV's record was 29,298 and it just broke that anyway.

Yeah, it was obvious back when Valkyria Chronicles came to Steam that the PC market is hongry for JRPGs and VNs in general. Persona in particular has gone from a subseries/cult hit to a pretty mainstream success story, so it figures it'd sell like hotcakes the second it made the jump, though that number is still a pleasant surprise. To me, the really shocking thing is that it got ported at all. Surely they have to be looking at their back catalog as a potential gold mine, even if they haven't committed to anything else just yet.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Sooo... State of Decay 2 decided to bug out at the end of the final mission. I can't get it to acknowledge that I completed it (so I can't create a new community with the legacy from this one), or get it to restart so I can do it over like I had to do 4 or so times with the broken drug-dealer mission a while back.

I... am a bit ragey at the moment.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Spoit wrote: »
    Random question since we're in the not-e3 times. Anyone remember what the co-op game by the ex-bioware people was called? I think it was vaguely L4D-y?

@Spoit, Breach?

Speaking of random games, whatever happened to that game about the berserk robots in Sweden? Generation Zero? I feel like I heard a bunch about that game before it came out and then absolutely nothing afterward. A quick glance at review scores looks bad. Was the game so terrible it immediately dropped off the radar?

Ah looks like Breach had spyware to gather metrics, and then they never recovered from the controversy and had t oclose

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-jo0iwIPM

Hey kids, who wants to learn how important sound design is?

TomCruiseScreaming.youtube

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Sooo... State of Decay 2 decided to bug out at the end of the final mission. I can't get it to acknowledge that I completed it (so I can't create a new community with the legacy from this one), or get it to restart so I can do it over like I had to do 4 or so times with the broken drug-dealer mission a while back.

Just as I was mounting my final killing spree plans to come back from behind on the death count, too. Shame that.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DaringDirk wrote: »

Just as I was mounting my final killing spree plans to come back from behind on the death count, too. Shame that.

Actually I just sent you out on a random "go kill shit" mission for shits and giggles, hoping if I mess around enough maybe the mission will restart.

Sadly, it did not.

Also, you did not die.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I've tried everything. Can't get the mission to complete.

The only option at this point is to take everyone and move to a new map and basically start all over, but with all of our current crew and supplies. That should start the leader quest over from the beginning.

... this does not please me much.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    tempted by the divinity original sin 2 sale, but then I remember i kind of hated the first game, and gave up early on because combat was basically impossible for me even on the super easy mode.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    2 makes a lot of VERY Good changes to the combat. Especially if you're playing as lone wolf mode. The addition of armor and magic armor preventing your crowd control on yourself is pretty invaluable, making it possible to take on bigger groups without being chain CC'd.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So, somewhat inspired by Pixie's adventures, I decided to try and struggle through my connection woes and at least complete the SoD1 storyline. Was doing okay when I forgot the hidden Ed Dies timer. Whereupon he croaked it moments after getting the find Doc mission. So I'll start over I suppose.

Aggravating as fuck that my XBL connection keeps dropping. Plus, I looked it up and apparently MS has a recommended connection speed. 3Mb/s down and .5Mb/s up. It really would have been nice if the date stamp for achievements wasn't reliant on XBL connection.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I like it. It's definitely got some jank (a large portion of the gameplay loop is endless scavenging of cookie cutter houses and cars for small caches of ammo and first aid kits, the robot AI can get a little wonky sometimes), but I still have a lot of fun whenever I fire it up.

Playing in singleplayer where I'm sneaking around farms in the snow in the middle of the night trying not to alert robots while I look for more medkits can be kind of zen. The game definitely shines in co-op if you can put all of the pieces together though. Having one player set a bunch of propane tanks as a trap in an open area, then having a second player alert some robots then immediately run back and lure them to the trap, whike a third player hidden off in the distance with a sniper rifle shoots the tanks at the perfect moment and a fourth players storms in with a shotgun to finish off any stragglers is a blast.

• Options
    Welp, I give up. We're moving maps.

Basically, it means we're starting over. Except with all the same characters already recruited and all of our accumulated weapons/supplies and (hopefully) vehicles. We'll have to deal with a whole new map full of Plague Hearts...

I'll RP it as we killed the bad guys that were threatening us in the last session and moved on, leaving this town (and our awesome storage container fort) in the capable hands of our allies, the Headstompers.

Also, Dirk got 54 kills when I sent her out on a pointless mission earlier. So, we have that going for us. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Holy crap, I got placed in Group F, aka the group of death?! Whoever escapes will be permanently scarred.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    iilslkckz2bl.png

Group A: @Pixelated Pixie, @cooljammer00, @Zetx, @LD50
    Group B: @bloodatonement, @Thawmus, @McMoogle, @akajaybay
    Group C: @Madican, @Jazz, @Orivon, @jclast
    Group D: @cardboard delusions, @dresdenphile, @Ianator
    Group E: @Mugsley, @Florin, @SoundsPlush, @HiT BiT
    Group F: @Massena, @TeeMan, @MNC Dover, @an_alt
    Group G: @Elvenshae, @SmokeStacks, @Iolo, @Bedlam

FINAL RESULTS
    Winners
    LD50, akajaybay, Madican, cardboard delusions, Hit Bit, Massena, Iolo

Kill Points Scoreboard
    4f6mf1tezb82.png

Jazz blew away the competition and will advance to the tournament as the eight winner.

• Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    2 makes a lot of VERY Good changes to the combat. Especially if you're playing as lone wolf mode. The addition of armor and magic armor preventing your crowd control on yourself is pretty invaluable, making it possible to take on bigger groups without being chain CC'd.

ok ill get it, but if i suck too much and get stuck and dont like it may the guilt be forever on your heads!!!!! nah its all good ill just add it to the pile

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hax

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Ah, Beans.

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    God Bethesda come on I’m one of your biggest defenders. Downloaded Skyrim and tried to go to the mods section, it asks me to create a Bethesda account, I try to log in with my existing account, the only option is to create an account

Finally got in but god that was confusing

Also keeps logging me out while I scroll through mods

Also I wish most of the face mods didn’t make characters look like they were from dead or alive beach volleyball. There’s surely a middle ground between original Skyrim and second life Skyrim

Prohass on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    7 seconds.

:(

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ugh, they made the mods go through bethesda.net for skyrim too? That messsing up the load order is what made me have to abort my FO4 run

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »

ok ill get it, but if i suck too much and get stuck and dont like it may the guilt be forever on your heads!!!!! nah its all good ill just add it to the pile

I could be misremembering, but didn't DivOS: 2 incorporate turn-based combat in a later update? Or at least the option to turn it on? Or was that one of the Pathfinder games?

This discussion has been closed.