As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Got to rank 7 in great no problem last season.
    This season, running up against competitive builds at rank 3.

I'm glad that apparently they are going to have two different Ultra (or was it Master? I forget) leagues, one with and one without legendaries/mythicals. Now they need to do that for all of the leagues because I just hate having the metagame revolve around them.

It's less that, and more I'm running into developed teams who prep charge moves and are countering my shield strategy, and my team is being beaten by misplays or simply because my top team just can't get charge moves off.
    And it's very, how am I going to develop a better team if I'm running against opponents who will rip my experimental teams apart.

Sounds like I'll have to lose lots.
    Against rank 4 players.

• ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular

I'm glad that apparently they are going to have two different Ultra (or was it Master? I forget) leagues, one with and one without legendaries/mythicals. Now they need to do that for all of the leagues because I just hate having the metagame revolve around them.

It's less that, and more I'm running into developed teams who prep charge moves and are countering my shield strategy, and my team is being beaten by misplays or simply because my top team just can't get charge moves off.
    And it's very, how am I going to develop a better team if I'm running against opponents who will rip my experimental teams apart.

Against rank 4 players.

I know there's a new glitch/ exploit I've been seeing a few times about where switching Pokemon at the right point at the beginning from the opponent seems to remove at least 60% of your hp on your Pokemon instantly regardless of type setup. Im not sure which Pokemon team or point it has to be but I've experiences it 4 times last week alone. A guy in one of the Fb groups recorded a player he faced switching Pokemon constantly and getting unlimited charge move attacks so something fishy is going on.

edited May 2020
    Ziggymon wrote: »

Against rank 4 players.

I know there's a new glitch/ exploit I've been seeing a few times about where switching Pokemon at the right point at the beginning from the opponent seems to remove at least 60% of your hp on your Pokemon instantly regardless of type setup. Im not sure which Pokemon team or point it has to be but I've experiences it 4 times last week alone. A guy in one of the Fb groups recorded a player he faced switching Pokemon constantly and getting unlimited charge move attacks so something fishy is going on.

Oh
    My pokes aren't getting charge attacks off because they're slow charge moves, but also high HP and good typing.

I just don't have the dust or ability to find good quicker charge move pokes.
    Aside the crabhammer poke, but water/dark isn't bad typing but isn't great.

discrider on
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Now that the weather is finally nice I'm trying to get back into the game. I have to send out a pile of gifts so I've been adding people if their number is in the last few pages of the thread.

My number for everyone else is 8663 2113 6840. I will shower you with gifts!

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    My kids and I have used quarantine to do a lot of poke-walking. I've put my friend code up here before (2319 6035 3751) but my kids could use some friends to spread around the gifts (right now they just have each other and myself, but we make a pretty decent 3-person team).

3570 7380 8872
    2689 8911 9439

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Re: Great League

I think early in the season, Great League, even lower ranks, will be tougher since we’re not as dispersed as we will be by the end of the season

Plus GL seems to have the best rock/paper/scissors play and people are starting to get “good” GL IV poke, not just good GL poke, which I’ve learned makes a lot of difference in matchups I previously thought were solid

(Or wait until Master League where you can cheese it by max leveling pokes to run roughshod over everyone’s level 20 MewTwos)

Captain Inertia on
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    For GL I have a decent team of Probopass/Azumarill/Rapidash at the moment. Looking to replace Rapidash with another fire type at some point. I had been using Blaziken but his fighting type was a detriment more often than not. Toxicroak gives me some issues as he beats both Probopass and Azumarill but I don't run into him too often. Medicham is also a pain since he's way bulkier than expected and power-up punch is a jerk move for jerks.

Cruor on
    How do you deal with swampert or whiscash

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Grass attacks should chew them out. Double weakness.

Wearingglasses on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Grass are the best, yes. Fighters also often work, some flyers or dragons work. Other waters (mantine comes to mind, Azu should also have a positive matchup depending on charge moves) are also an option.

Pvpoke is still a great resource. You can also input a team and it will tell you your weaknesses and what to do about them.

Grobian on
    edited May 2020
    Well. I'm now on a 10-run steak with Alolan Ninetails, Flygon and Jirachi.
    Running fairy up front against all these Umbreons seems like a solid move.
    And then Flygon because I have no soul (and cover fire weakness).
    And Jirachi because I was running against too many clefables to not cover fairy.

discrider on
    Ok.
    I'm just going to go with 'My team rocks because it breaks Poke PvP's rater'
    It's rating Alolan Ninetails as a normal Ninetails, and that throws everything off.

... No-one fix this.
    I don't want everyone running around with Alolan Ninetails, showing off how awesome they are.

The special research is out if you completed all of the throwback researches. The first set of them will get you a Galarian Meowth who can be evolved into Purrserker.

The second set includes having to hatch 15 eggs and win 15 raids. During a global pandemic, during a time of widespread protests and curfews in the US. I guess at least the research isn't limited?

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    The special research is out if you completed all of the throwback researches. The first set of them will get you a Galarian Meowth who can be evolved into Purrserker.

The second set includes having to hatch 15 eggs and win 15 raids. During a global pandemic, during a time of widespread protests and curfews in the US. I guess at least the research isn't limited?

If it makes you feel better, Niantic absolutely blew away most major corporations in their aid effort. They put out a well thought-out and detailed plan of action and are putting up multiple millions for BLM causes.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited June 2020
    Wow yeah that is one of the best statements/contributions I have seen. Especially good on them for acknowledging the plight of the Black trans community and donating directly to help, which not enough people/organizations have done.

Silly slight annoyance with mission requirements rescinded!

Cruor on
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I didn't even complete any of the throwback researches as I wasn't out walking enough to complete them and don't read the news releases so didn't know there was an event for completing all of them. Oh well.

steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

I didn't even complete any of the throwback researches as I wasn't out walking enough to complete them and don't read the news releases so didn't know there was an event for completing all of them. Oh well.

You're in luck for a cost they'll let you complete all the research throwbacks and do the new challenges!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

You're in luck for a cost they'll let you complete all the research throwbacks and do the new challenges!

The low, low price of $10.99? I'll pass on that one too I guess.

steam_sig.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

The low, low price of $10.99? I'll pass on that one too I guess.

Well, $7.99. Guess it depends on how much you want Galarian forms and Genesect.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have a not-clickbait, not-full-of-ads Pokemon Go YouTube channel they follow? Or maybe a streamer or podcast?

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Does anyone have a not-clickbait, not-full-of-ads Pokemon Go YouTube channel they follow? Or maybe a streamer or podcast?

Pre Corona I watched BattleHero to prepare for the SilphCups. But I think he exclusively puts out PvP content, Idk if you are interested in that.

Now that I looked at his channel again, his titles have turned super clickbaity. But I think that's just yt, now? The content was always good.

Grobian on
    Who's super excited for Wheedle community day?

steam_sig.png
    Who's super excited for Wheedle community day?

I am. I've been finding after a shiny Beedrill for awhile now. I'm also a sucker for anything Poison type

• AdventAdvent Registered User regular
    Cannot for the life of me throw excellent throws when I’m trying to get them. Also; FYI Willow’s glasses are classed as headgear, rather than glasses.

I somehow threw an excellent on the very first throw after I got to that step of the research

Tickets for the virtual Pokemon Go Fest go on sale today. Apparently Niantic's rethought the event to accommodate people playing at home:
    The event will run over the weekend of July 25th and 26th from 10AM to 8PM wherever you are; day 1 features an exclusive Special Research story, rotating habitats featuring different pokémon, and a new Global Challenge Arena where players work together to earn rewards every hour.

Niantic is keeping the second day’s program of events a secret until it goes live. The company says players should expect “something very different.”

The bad news is that tickets are $15, which is only $10 cheaper than regular fests. The good news is that half the money raised will go to projects by Black AR creators, and the other half will go to nonprofits rebuilding communities.

Yeah the price is a bit steep, but that a lot of it will go to charity? That cushions the blow to me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yeah the price is a bit steep, but that a lot of it will go to charity? That cushions the blow to me.

The way it's phrased makes it sound like ALL the money is going to charity. Holy crap.

cloudeagle wrote: »

The way it's phrased makes it sound like ALL the money is going to charity. Holy crap.

Wouldn't surprise me. Which is good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Niantic is also offering players to nominate good, small businesses to be featured pokestops and get free extra marketing perks in PoGo (presumably Ingress and Wizards Unite too)

• WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Can I post a stupid thing I've wanted to do for months now?
    I'mma post a stupid thing.

c79y3iw0vbhi.jpg

I call it: A Dumb Reason To Have A Flip Phone Again.jpg

Man do not be fooled by the CP on the new 5 star raid. I was in an 11 person raid and he knocked me to my 4th mon one shotting 3k cp guys to get there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2020
    Oh god.
    dbcyd0xi7mnr.png
    Doesn't Giovanni have anything better to do?

... The balloon disappeared later, but for a while there I thought he was going to chase me forever

discrider on
    edited July 2020
    Ran into the Jessie and James balloon today, and after beating Jessie I rescued a shiny shadow Ekans! Was hoping to also get a shiny shadow Koffing from the James fight, but no such luck.

Cruor on
    edited July 2020
    Nice of them to make it extra laggy today to give the real GOFest feel

Btw if you need a new friend today:
    5106 4009 0624

Captain Inertia on
    The lag seems to have cleared up now.

edited July 2020
    This was a cool event

Shadow Legendary Birbs
    Shadow MewTwo
    Victini
    Palkia, Dialga, Giratina raids...

Man

Captain Inertia on
    I got SO MUCH rare candy. Helped that the friendship biome promised one per gift -- I just went apeshit opening everything from my backlong.

Definitely worth the money, even with the day one glitches.

I didn't buy a ticket, but I have enjoyed the increased spawns of rarer stuff. Finally got to evolve my Tangela and Lampent, and I finally have an Alonlan Marowak. Also caught my third and fourth shiny Alolan Grimers today. I am making an army of them.

Yeah finished my dragon catching badge. With all the rare candies was able to evolve my Riolu. Got a palkia, wormy giritina, dialga, and articuno for my poke dex and a bunch of other entries.

Shinies were better yesterday haven't gotten shit today.

pleasepaypreacher.net