As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    The rainbow rate on the collab banners are kind of whacky. I tossed some tickets ay the SAO banner. Used all my tickets, 35 or so, and got a Rena, two Sophias, a Sylvie and a Kimono Fina. And that Sylvie got me her STMR, which is awesome.

Now I can collab UoC Rena and get her STMR, or I can UoC Fayt, but his prism and get his STMR. If I could pull another Fayt, I could get both. But I'm not going to use Lapis to chase it down.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Oh hey, rainbow from the free summon. Circe #4. That's a nice rod right there.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Zomro wrote: »
    I can UoC Fayt, buy his prism and get his STMR.

Soon we will be getting the FF-T0 event that has a new version of Machina as the free unit. His STMR is essentially Fayt's clothes with 5 less ATK and more DEF/SPR. I wouldn't waste resources on Fayt's STMR.

Cruor on
  • DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    Got 7* 2B and fully enhanced her because... well because 2B. Pretty happy with my decision. Used the event UoC and 5k trust coins to do it.

DK_Azrael wrote: »
    Got 7* 2B and fully enhanced her because... well because 2B. Pretty happy with my decision. Used the event UoC and 5k trust coins to do it.

She's really damn good. If you build her for LB damage she can do comparable damage to AC Cloud while also keeping 100% up-time on meta-level breaks. That role compression will let you drop a dedicated breaker entirely and replace them with whatever you want, including a finisher for even more damage.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Soon we will be getting the FF-T0 event that has a new version of Machina as the free unit. His STMR is essentially Fayt's clothes with 5 less ATK and more DEF/SPR. I wouldn't waste resources on Fayt's STMR.

That's good to know, that can weigh im towards getting Rena's (the Shortcake is a really good accessory). I'll see if they enhance Fayt at all. If his are good, his STMR might be worthwhile so he's not locked into using his TMR thus getting locked into light element. I have a suspicion that we'll get more collab enhancements in the next week. Rena and Fayt came out at the same time, so I doubt they'd enhance just one of them, so I guess they're just enhancing the collab units in groups.

That's good to know, that can weigh im towards getting Rena's (the Shortcake is a really good accessory). I'll see if they enhance Fayt at all. If his are good, his STMR might be worthwhile so he's not locked into using his TMR thus getting locked into light element. I have a suspicion that we'll get more collab enhancements in the next week. Rena and Fayt came out at the same time, so I doubt they'd enhance just one of them, so I guess they're just enhancing the collab units in groups.

Yeah, that's the big caveat I neglected. Fayt has some good imbues but then has an element on his weapon, which is not great. If he gets enhancements and they're great and you really want to use Fayt then by all means, grab his STMR.

I really hope the other units get enhancements. I have 7*s of A2, Viktor, could get Fayt to 7* with trust coins.

Viktor is one I'd love to use again, but the way he is designed means it'll be hard to get his enhancements right. Like, he has DEF TDW, but then there are so few weapons with flat DEF that he can use. He has DEF scaling damage, but uses the new damage formula so you have to put high ATK weapons on him to counter that. They'll need to bump his DEF TDW up to max to help compensate for the lack of using a shield and give him a lot more HP/SPR/DEF passives to boot. If they want to make him a competent damage dealer, his modifiers need to be boosted a ton to compensate for the inability to get DEF anywhere near as high as ATK, and also to compensate for the new damage formula. If they want to make him a competent tank he needs AoE cover (enhancements could change one of his two provoke skills into a cover skill, easily) and being able to W/T-cast his abilities would go a long way as well.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I really hate the stupid damage formula change. They should have just nerfed Fixed Dice instead of destroying any use that low-ATK weapons had, like extra killers or natural elements.

Well. I finished the lap, and kinda wish I didn't. The first three steps gave me a bunch of useful stuff. The last two steps gave me two Citans, end of list. Grumble.

Ticket on the Xenogears banner broke to rainbow! For...Fei#2. Well, ok, hopefully he gets enhancements and they're good. Was really hoping for an Elly to save me having to use an Omniprism

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I’ve basically only been running Overture through IW so far, and it’s frustrating because I lucked into a really good run on Spiritual Sword way back when so I need the rare and decent other rolls to feel like it’s an upgrade.

Sigh.

Good news though: 5* ticket got me AC Cloud #4!

maraji wrote: »
    I’ve basically only been running Overture through IW so far, and it’s frustrating because I lucked into a really good run on Spiritual Sword way back when so I need the rare and decent other rolls to feel like it’s an upgrade.

Sigh.

Good news though: 5* ticket got me AC Cloud #4!

Same story here with Overture and Spiritual Sword. I have +25% HP and 10% SPR on Overture so far and while that's great it's not as good as the rolls on Spiritual Sword. I think I'll only do another run or so at it and then say good enough as I was to get a decent roll on the insect trial rod.

Also, congrats on AC Cloud's STMR! It is a stupidly good Greatsword.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    With all the bonus items done, I'm just bouncing between Overture and CG Bartz STMR.

60K ticket was Livid Shan #7. Weirdly low MK currency count. I'm at like 80k event points and only just was able to get Lightnings STMR moogles.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    In the meantime, here I am, alternating between running Circe's STMR, Overture, and Lenneth's STMR. I will get a rare at some point.

Finally got a great roll on Overture, making it an upgrade over Spiritual Sword - Rare, +10% HP, +12% SPR. My Lucas is rather happy to have that and now ALMOST has 2k SPR with >21k HP. Now I can focus on Vespinae.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    So, I read an interesting speculation that this week is going to be a limited collab MK for the Secret/Trials of Mana. It had something to do with the published schedule for the UoC and 5* special summon tickets for this month. It would be a skip banner for me. I've already burned a ton of resources that I wasn't planning on.

I'd love a Mana MK if only for the possible latents for Randi and enhancements for Flammie. I feel like Flammie could be made into a really good and interesting unit, and Gumi's been really good about giving great enhancements to support units. While I'd definitely grab latents for Randi and probably use him, I doubt he'd be made anywhere near meta.

Well it’s FF8 to the disappointment of all.

Yeah. Originally I was going to pull for CG Squall to upgrade my LB damage dealer, but then AC Cloud came out and I went for him instead. I think I'll have a full bonus party this time around. I did not merge my original Squalls for his STMR. So, 2x 7* Squall and 7* Rinoa for bonus ready to go. Too bad they are only 75% instead of 100%.

edited June 2020
    It just sucks, here we get all these collab units back and only 4 get enhancements. Not even touching on Mana and other collabs that still need some love. Maybe they have another batch lined up in 2 weeks or something but out collab tickets will be over at that point and we're left "hoping". Not to mention we just had a MK event.

Though I'm about done with the game anyways. Nostalgia and sunk cost only get you so far. I need to try and finish up season 2 which is probably the only thing keeping me in. Trials are just so boring now. When folks are clearing them with ease within the first day, what's the point. I know I could do them if I wanted, but why waste the time. Which I think is where my mind is at, I spend more time doing nothing in this game than anything. Having to clean up unit space, equipment space, having to futz with expeditions because it can't pull all bonus units, merging specific TM's for space, grinding events for units and equipment that I may never use, any plenty of other things like arena.

I keep asking myself with NV coming to add more grind, what's the point? DV is the only fun thing, but again, missing MMXon puts me at tier 2 at best. Really wanted to hold on till the anniversary, but not sure when that's even coming with Covid possibly screwing their plans up.

Trajan45 on
    edited June 2020
    I think this whole COVID environment is what cut into dev time to create more enhancements for the limited collab units. I'm sure they originally planned to release 8-10 units with enhancements, but they could not because of limited on dev resources. Plus, they still need to be able to release new content and events. It sucks, but it is what it is. I'm pretty that NV are going to be the end of the line for me. I'm still curious how the player created units are going to turn out.

edit: reddit is slacking this morning. I don't see the GL new post for today yet.

Tiphares on
    Ran a collab lap for no real reason:
    Fei #2
    Bart #2
    2B #1
    Citan #1 & #2

Bought Rena with tickets and 2B and Rena’s prisms with trust coins. Have one more UoC left...

Working on leveling/enhancing/dooring/potting

I’m about halfway done and I’ve used over 20m Gil

I'm still waiting and hoping for a surprised Wednesday/Thursday news update with more enhancements listed. I know it won't happen, but I'd like it to.

I'm still solidly on the "UoC and Omni Elly" train as she'll be an amazing boost to my DV game.

How long do the UoC's last? Till next wednesday?

I'm still waiting and hoping for a surprised Wednesday/Thursday news update with more enhancements listed. I know it won't happen, but I'd like it to.

I'm still solidly on the "UoC and Omni Elly" train as she'll be an amazing boost to my DV game.

I’d do that if I could chain her abilities :P

Trajan45 wrote: »
    How long do the UoC's last? Till next wednesday?

Banners go until next Wednesday, the 24th. As do the events to get the coins.
    But the Box Summon and UoC exchange go the extra week, to Wednesday July 1st.
    Big important reminder though that 2 of the UoC's are in the Box Summon; make sure you have enough coins before the event itself ends on the 24th to clear Box 1 & 2 for the tickets.

maraji wrote: »

I’d do that if I could chain her abilities :P

I don't ever plan on using her as a chainer, those abilities are imbues first and foremost to set up her CD and LB finishers.

edited June 2020
    I tossed a few more tickets at the Neir banner just because. I got 3 off-banner rainbows in 7 tickets - HT Lid #5, A. Rain #6, and W.Shantotto #1. I was hoping for another 2B to make it easier to decide how to use my 3 UoC. I have another couple of weeks to decide and see if Gumi decides to update the Trust Coin shop or give us more enhancements.

Reminder: Maintenance incoming!!
    Use up those Raid Summon Coins!!!

Tiphares on
    At least you got some rainbows. I've tossed 15 or so tickets and not a single rainbow. I'll throw a few more tonight and see.

edited June 2020
    Just zapped all my luck. Did my last half price daily and it was a blue, then took the two tickets I got from the reset challenge: both rainbows; Sophia #1 (doh, wanted a Rena) and Jecht #4.

Edit: May as well take this opportunity to solicit opinions on the UoC choice. I kinda don't want to spend the 25k lapis, so I'm just stuck with one, but I currently have:
    3 Lezard's
    1 Bart
    1 Sophia
    0 Rena

I have a 7* Rivera, so Rena's light imbue/imperil isn't a mandatory thing. She's also probably the best of the bunch though as an actual unit.
    Lezard's STMR is alright but not amazing, especially since I already have a ton of STMR rods somehow.
    Bart isn't looking like he's going to get enhancements, and his JP enhancements don't seem that great anyway? I thought they were a lot better before. I guess a provoking mirage user isn't that big a deal anymore.
    And without enhancements, Sophia seems basically useless.

Lorek on
    It seems the choice is between Lezard STMR and Rena + trust shop prism. I'd probably go Rena + trust shop prism. In addition to the light imbue/imperil she does buffs and heals and a nice auxiliary chain. Her DR chain move is actually a 2xDR with a single cast, and she can chain with, for instance, AWoL to help finishers.

Threw a couple tickets at the Xenogears banner, got a Bart. Decided to do a single 5k pull on the banner to see if I could get Elly and save an Omniprism, ended up pulling Maria and FWPhysalis#3. Oh well, want to save the rest of my Lapis for anniversary stuff.

Do you have all the Nier units? Might be worth grabbing 2B + Prism if you don't have her.

I'd hope that if we get more Xenogears unit enhancements, they'd put the prisms out there, but given they did Elly and no prism, no guarantees. If you don't need anyone, Bart isn't a bad option since there's a chance he'll get buffed like Elly. But your basically gambling with the ticket at that point.

We have plenty of time to decide. I think the collab UoC is available until July 1st.

Yeah, should get a few tickets as well from the FF8 mog king. Definitely throwing those to see if I can pick up a Rena and save me having to use between her and Lezard's STMR.

Lorek wrote: »
    Yeah, should get a few tickets as well from the FF8 mog king. Definitely throwing those to see if I can pick up a Rena and save me having to use between her and Lezard's STMR.

Ah that's a great point.

The only crummy part about waiting to the last second is either way, whether I go with Rena (and her Knuckles of Hope) or Lezard's STMR, I'm going to want to run it through Item World.
    Which means a Tuesday/Wednesday blitz of a ton of orbs (because the rare never comes easy) all at once.

edited June 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    The only crummy part about waiting to the last second is either way, whether I go with Rena (and her Knuckles of Hope) or Lezard's STMR, I'm going to want to run it through Item World.
    Which means a Tuesday/Wednesday blitz of a ton of orbs (because the rare never comes easy) all at once.
    I avoided this conundrum by just getting Rena's STMR. Besides, XWQL TMR is better than Rena's, so I didn't need run the Knuckles through IW. I've had some pretty decent luck getting rare mods this IW. The other mods have been okay as well.

I'm one unit away from both Sophia and Lezard STMRs. Neither are amazing, and I already have a good set of STMR quality rods and MAG accessories.

Tiphares on
    We should be getting the DV rewards with maintenance, so we should have some 30% or 10% 5* tickets floating around for banner pulls as well.

I saw somewhere that the Taiwan FFBE YouTube channel put out a video and said there would be another video on Monday the 29th, which is most likely the anniversary announcements video. Which means we should get the first bit of the anniversary on the 2nd of July.

The collab banners already have a 10% rainbow rate. I would not waste the 10% 5* tickets on these banners personally.