As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Slow down this is an [Animal Crossing] thread

SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
signature.png
Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need more weather data for my seed. Apparently some of my older dates pulled from screen shots were incorrect so I removed them from the calculations and am only going off of sure things.

Also I'm Mystery Island hopping today looking for a new villager. No one good so far. Even ran into Claude, who just left, and he didn't remember me at all. Jerk. Mainly using it as an opportunity to replenish my depleted iron reserves. Making all those wall lamps takes a lot.

Chief finally gave me his photo today so one more down, but Ribbot has started accepting gifts so I'm still making the same number of lamps per day. Piper still will not give me her photo.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Redd came so Im time traveling as much as I can stomach

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I managed to swap my ugly spot-stealing villager for Gladys at my camp site after roughly 30 attempts. Now, back to the art gathering.

Is there a list of interesting fake arts out there? I know some of them glow or move.

ZD98Zka.png
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Double rainbow time at Repose

BNYXT

edit: Wyborn and I played the 'ol double rainbow song and felt a bit wistful :')

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Redd showed up on Bean a Reno today with four fakes 🥺

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I managed to swap my ugly spot-stealing villager for Gladys at my camp site after roughly 30 attempts. Now, back to the art gathering.

Is there a list of interesting fake arts out there? I know some of them glow or move.

1. The informative statue glows blue at night
    2. The wistful painting closes her eyes at night
    3. The ancient statue hovers mid air if you touch it and its eyes glow at night
    4. The graceful painting faces the other way at night and has a stain seeping through the back
    5. The scary painting smiles at night

And the da Vinci drawing (I forget the name) isn’t haunted but it has an Easter egg in the form of a thumb drive sticking out of the back!

#pipe wrote: »

Bastard

Do you have many smug villagers on your island? Apparently they increase the chances of fake art!

!

I got my final fossil!

ZD98Zka.png
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I got my last one yesterday.

I'm a little disappointed there's no real gift or celebration for it, but at least I don't have to worry about them anymore.

edited June 2020
    I'm still going to dig them up. I need an unassessed one for a DIY, plus I want at least one unassessed on for display, and I like to put the single tile ones outside my museum.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'll still dig them up if for no other reason to sell. Plus I want a mammoth skeleton to display along with my T-rex and sabertooth cat.

Plus there's the cheevo! :V

signature.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I would like to display full skeletons outside on my island but they're so BIG

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I only have the mammoth and the big turtle outside my museum because they are only two section each. Everything else is giant!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Bastard

Do you have many smug villagers on your island? Apparently they increase the chances of fake art!

?

Smug villagers send fake art by mail but they shouldn't influence Redd. Unless more info has been datamined.

Repose is open for the evening as I go take a walk. Sahara is wandering around mysteriously somewhere

signature.png
    edited June 2020
    I’ve invited Boomer, the fighter pilot penguin from the mystery islands. I figure he’s fine for now.

This does leave me with no smug villager but that means I’m much more likely to get one at my next campsite visit. I might try to do the time travel involved to campsite skip to get a villager I like.

Librarian's ghost on

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Hey if anyone gets good turnip prices this week, throw those in the thread. I have reported Nook's Cranny to the Hague for the prices they're giving this week.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Hmmm now I’m reading that giving it on wall lamps as gifts will still fill a villager’s storage and after 32 items it will start deleting their original furniture.

We guess giving foreign fruit is the best method now? Apparently if your inventory is full when giving the fruit you are guaranteed the bonus points and a gift in the mail the next day.

I now have 15 pieces of art.

I think I'm going to keep rolling these days back for a while. I'm not going to get everything, but it'd be nice if I could get into a position where I could fill the museum some time this year maybe.

And I would like some statues for the island. Can you get real dupes?

ZD98Zka.png
    I’m open with dodo code F2CB0

It’s Roscoe’s birthday! @SilverWind

I have Saharah selling the sea view wall, construction-site floor, yellow kitchen mat, red carpet and brown shaggy rug

Niko has shooting stars! I opened up his island via dodo code 872R7 if anyone wishes to join him in wishing stars, or to get a recipe from Celeste. :)

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Hmmm now I’m reading that giving it on wall lamps as gifts will still fill a villager’s storage and after 32 items it will start deleting their original furniture.

We guess giving foreign fruit is the best method now? Apparently if your inventory is full when giving the fruit you are guaranteed the bonus points and a gift in the mail the next day.

Huh. I got my 6th photo today’s from about 3 weeks of wall lamps. Is foreign fruit worth enough?

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I've been giving my villagers fossils, since they don't decorate with those

Will that also delete their furniture?

Hell, will clothes?

dN0T6ur.png
  • ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Turnips at 571!! This is good for the next four hours.

https://turnip.exchange/island/248ba446

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
    edited June 2020
    Wyborn wrote: »

Hell, will clothes?

I think so since they take up storage space. Fruit will not since they apparently eat it.

Now I haven't actually noticed any furniture disappear myself and I've been giving piper wall lamps for what seems like weeks now. I'm not sure on the amount of points from the foreign fruit. Apparently Coconuts work for this too.

So from my experiments you do this, get one more fruit or coconuts in a stack than you need to give out, this makes sure you do not suddenly have an extra inventory slot for them to give you a present back, fill your inventory with 100 bell coins from your wallet. Give fruit. They will tell you they are mailing you a present. Done. You can't wrap the fruit with this method but it seems like you get the same points?

Librarian's ghost on

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Turnips at 571!! This is good for the next four hours.

https://turnip.exchange/island/248ba446

Thanks! Working on unloading them now :).

EDIT: and done! Thank you so much for opening your island!

Blackhawk1313 on

Hell, will clothes?

I think so since they take up storage space. Fruit will not since they apparently eat it.

Now I haven't actually noticed any furniture disappear myself and I've been giving piper wall lamps for what seems like weeks now. I'm not sure on the amount of points from the foreign fruit. Apparently Coconuts work for this too.

So from my experiments you do this, get one more fruit or coconuts in a stack than you need to give out, this makes sure you do not suddenly have an extra inventory slot for them to give you a present back, fill your inventory with 100 bell coins from your wallet. Give fruit. They will tell you they are mailing you a present. Done. You can't wrap the fruit with this method but it seems like you get the same points?

Why would you want to get a gift in the mail, specifically?

dN0T6ur.png

I only have the mammoth and the big turtle outside my museum because they are only two section each. Everything else is giant!

Deinonychus is also 2 pieces

Hell, will clothes?

Why would you want to get a gift in the mail, specifically?

Them giving a return gift gives a bonus friendship point. Apparently fruit by itself is 50/50 on them giving a return gift but if your inventory is full they will always mail a gift instead, guaranteeing the bonus point.

Moe the lazy blue cat is in boxes today if anyone wants a cute lazy boy

Skull Land is open for a while. Ray's Occult Books is overflowing with DIYs. Please come take them! Kicks is here too. Please excuse the mess, I've just finished moving some houses and am still adjusting.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Oh hey, my island's got a meteor shower right now

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    I have full brachiosaurus, trex, dimetrodan, sabretooth tiger and triceratops Skeletons on my island. Set up with nice displays. That’s how I got my 5 stars.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    err, should I throw a dodo code, we got Celeste here too

waNkm4k.jpg?1
    So, uh

Eventide is buying turnips at 636 bells per turnip right now

I'll set up a thing later; I need to do some island cleaning, first

dN0T6ur.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    That's really cool! I already sold my turnips to the Nook's Cranny on my wife's island for ~300 the other day, but thanks for posting your prices!

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So I've finally gotten Octavian off my island and he's in boxes today. When should I start visiting islands to find a new neighbor?

Also anyone want to pick up Octavian? I'll be available this afternoon.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    New neighbors won't appear on Nook Miles Islands until tomorrow, when he's actually gone. Tom will sell the plot off sometime between 1 and 10 days later, so it's usually best to go neighbor hunting the first day you can.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    edited June 2020
    darunia106 wrote: »
    So I've finally gotten Octavian off my island and he's in boxes today. When should I start visiting islands to find a new neighbor?

Also anyone want to pick up Octavian? I'll be available this afternoon.

Villagers won't appear on mystery islands and they won't accept invitations from other islands unless you have a free plot.

Buying a ton of NMTs and mystery island hopping is a good way to shop for villagers, but if you want someone specific I've had luck with the @crossingtrade twitter account.

#pipe on