As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Webcomics]? In this economy?

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Daughter of the Lilies is probably my favorite webcomic at the moment. Just did a re-read and I had completely forgotten about these pages.

Remember that lamp?

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    EvilCake wrote: »
    is 10 Vigilant Gaze supposed to sound like Siegmeyer of Catarina in my head? cuz that's all I am able to imagine

That makes sense, but I’ve got Colonel Armstrong as the default voice in my head.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    is 10 Vigilant Gaze supposed to sound like Siegmeyer of Catarina in my head? cuz that's all I am able to imagine

That makes sense, but I’ve got Colonel Armstrong as the default voice in my head.

I've been hearing him as Gosetsu from FFXIV, but it's the same family of voice. Muscle Grandpa instead of Muscle Uncle.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I think the bug where the forums don't keep track of read posts until you post in a thread is a trick to get people to post more.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Yay, forum glitches.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

No! No! God damn you to hell! No! No!

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I can't decide if I love or hate his font. Those double cross bar H's mess with my head.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

i can post some 9 chickweed if it would make you feel hornier

• statlerstatler Registered User regular
    WxtCt8X.png?1
    Destroy History

Sounds Stupid is a fantastic name for a record shop.

qy85xdkddou7.png
    Brolo wrote: »

i can post some 9 chickweed if it would make you feel hornier

Alfie sadly has the two dick lamia
    Still if they were that kind of snake they would be the size of vipers with doll sized human parts
    Boa constrictors biology is probably how lamia would be like if real or viper sized

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

This is a criticism I’ve been holdin back on this series, mostly because it felt like punchin down while it’s been doing it’s narrative setup. Thankfully this seems to be the rock bottom for this character and we’re gonna start to see an upswing, so I feel more comfortable saying this....

But BOI Daniel is such a giant unlikeable piece of shit. I mean I know that’s on purpose, but goddamn this child has no redeeming qualities as a protagonist, and that was BEFORE he lost his soul.

The art is good, the world building is solid, the supporting cast is alright and you WANT to know more, Daniel spent so much time as an insufferable childbaby that it’s gonna take a LOT to not subconsciously roll my eyes whenever he’s on screen.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

This is a criticism I’ve been holdin back on this series, mostly because it felt like punchin down while it’s been doing it’s narrative setup. Thankfully this seems to be the rock bottom for this character and we’re gonna start to see an upswing, so I feel more comfortable saying this....

But BOI Daniel is such a giant unlikeable piece of shit. I mean I know that’s on purpose, but goddamn this child has no redeeming qualities as a protagonist, and that was BEFORE he lost his soul.

The art is good, the world building is solid, the supporting cast is alright and you WANT to know more, Daniel spent so much time as an insufferable childbaby that it’s gonna take a LOT to not subconsciously roll my eyes whenever he’s on screen.

Yeah, I have trouble reading this for the same reason. At this point I'm just waiting for it to start doing mean shit to the supporting cast so I can completely write it off.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I think the bug where the forums don't keep track of read posts until you post in a thread is a trick to get people to post more.

Is that what it is? I was beginning to wonder.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Sure, let's make it so the weird barrel of nerds in the basement who cost us money every time they post have to post more.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    in the latest Alfie...

well,

Golly

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Sure, let's make it so the weird barrel of nerds in the basement who cost us money every time they post have to post more.

I'll have you know I dwell in the attic, sir.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

I'll have you know I dwell in the attic, sir.

Is that what all the fuckin noise is? I just thought we had squirrels

JtgVX0H.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    in the latest Alfie...

well,

Golly

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    How are Serpent People aka Snake People aka Snersons not animals, are they androids, snakeoids, Snerson shaped fungal colonies

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Cool uncle angel is back!

cool uncle angel respects pronoun choice

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    How are Serpent People aka Snake People aka Snersons not animals, are they androids, snakeoids, Snerson shaped fungal colonies

I'm pretty sure it's meant as "They're sentient and able to rise above their insticts", not "they're don't belong to biological kingdom of animals"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular

So everybody died, the end...?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    undivine's daniel is colossally rude and hostile to everyone trying to help him, but that seems to be part of the intended character arc

aRkpc.gif

I'm pretty sure it's meant as "They're sentient and able to rise above their insticts", not "they're don't belong to biological kingdom of animals"

Vague, confusing, pro sentience bias, C-

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    one thing that warps undivine, though: for all the casual ultraviolence the stakes are so darned low

daniel's primary motivation seems to be teenager resentment of the thankless social role of being a model student and nominal leader, but not having the social grease to actually manage all the work (because nobody wants to help him and those that try are brushed off rudely in some vaguely self-destructive drive)

the comic itself seems aware that this seems disproportionate to, you know, the cosmic struggle between the divine forces of heaven and hell

redeeming a cute jerk is a storied bodice ripper trope - the transformative power of loooove and all - but "how much of a jerk?? EVEN ANGELS AND DEMONS ARE IN AWE OF HIS JERKDOM, HE'S JUST SO RUDE TO HIS CLASSMATES, YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH" is perhaps tonally tricky

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Credit card companies are just as much middlemen as patreon are, and limit what they are willing to give the time of day to.
    That's why I use paypal which is certainly not owned by a billionaire vampire.

PayPal would never hold on to money on shaky legal grounds for years in order to profit off the interest.

Certainly not.

Personally I like paypal back when it was part of ebay. venmo is meh to me as I see so few asking for it compared to the long list of questionable ones
    But things like cashapp seems really iffy but then it's a slippy slide past that of other online payment ways

I've used Cash app for a couple years now. Its by Square. I've never had a problem with them.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    one thing that warps undivine, though: for all the casual ultraviolence the stakes are so darned low

daniel's primary motivation seems to be teenager resentment of the thankless social role of being a model student and nominal leader, but not having the social grease to actually manage all the work (because nobody wants to help him and those that try are brushed off rudely in some vaguely self-destructive drive)

the comic itself seems aware that this seems disproportionate to, you know, the cosmic struggle between the divine forces of heaven and hell

Not so divine from what I picked up reading through what there is currently. Esther even says very early on nobody goes anywhere when they die and Daniel just completely misses that response. Plus how angels and demons aren't dissimilar in that they're both capable of devouring each other to consume souls. If anything Daniel may just embody the essence of a human in that he is anathema to both angels and demons, soul or not. Esther even says there were more people like him "before" when she was working with Divinidad to do...something. Who's to say that maybe the whole religion thing is to keep humans subservient rather than realizing they have the capability to devour gods?

• epburnepburn Registered User regular
    Vanilla's anti-lurking bugs must not stand.

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    XKCD travels through time

6AladrZ.png?1

(for some reason, I found the alt text funnier than the actual comic this time)

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    epburn wrote: »

Join usssssssssssss

I am totally not a Snersons

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Stupid fucking forum bug.

Read howtobeawerewolf.com

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    in the latest Alfie...

well,

Golly

we've all been in that situation once or twice

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    epburn wrote: »

Join usssssssssssss

I am totally not a Snersons

I think you mean Sneeple

This discussion has been closed.