As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Kya is very enthusiastic about her walks, but if you really want to see her go ballistic, ask her if she wants to go do a wee.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Kya is very enthusiastic about her walks, but if you really want to see her go ballistic, ask her if she wants to go do a wee.

I’m the same way

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    does raijin wanna wee

doesoo

doesoo wanna wee wee

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    does raijin wanna wee

doesoo

doesoo wanna wee wee

AHHHHHHHHHHH

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is that by any chance a container of catnip, lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    is that by any chance a container of catnip, lol

Yep.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    p9BdVg7h.jpg

excuse me pls is there food in this blanket?

(there isn't)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    ok but why is there not food in this blanket?

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    2f270950-3587-4e90-b54d-7770137c103f.jpg

6dbba3cc-2f4d-43de-bafb-b5e4897749c8.jpg

Stardust constantly looks like you just told him an awful joke.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think Stardust needs to make frequent stops by our Bad Joke thread.
    It can only be improved by moderately disappointed cat.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i regret to inform you that your cat is a Majin

• PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Sydney made a full recovery and is glad to be able to snuggle properly again.

dW1yW1h.jpg

Brody thinks the temperature is too damn high.

pr2Kff6.jpg

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
    i regret to inform you that your cat is a Majin

She's not mine, but she (and her equally disapproving sister Ziggy) could be yours!

Ziggy:

41cea03f-8247-427f-bd6d-1141e191f7db.jpg

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    well i'm not gonna adopt Majin cat because i'm not goku so i would quickly be destroyed

(actually i would adopt them both in a heartbeat if i could actually have cats)

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I don't know what I did to betray Ziggy's trust, but I'd do anything to make it right.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I don't know what I did to betray Ziggy's trust, but I'd do anything to make it right.

She's not mad, just... disappointed.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    well i'm not gonna adopt Majin cat because i'm not goku so i would quickly be destroyed

(actually i would adopt them both in a heartbeat if i could actually have cats)

Majin Mew

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Here is a picture of my dog very correctly utilizing his dog bed.
    77746q9bivft.jpg

We have lots of good-ass cats at the center now. Like Billy, who lost his eyes to an infection but is still a very sweet boy who loves to play and climb.

a8cad493-bc8c-4702-9e2a-b2017ed8ce6f.jpg

Or Nimbus, the tiny cat with the giant head

fc6910a0-ad9e-40c2-9617-d3b251505c01.jpg

what is up with you people showing off your dogs' junk(s)

that ain't right

I Zimbra wrote: »

i would adopt this excellent sir in a heart beat

I Zimbra wrote: »

i would adopt this excellent sir in a heart beat

If you're near Wisconsin we can make that happen.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    what is up with you people showing off your dogs' junk(s)

that ain't right

He's okay with it, I asked.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It’s cold in Canberra, zig is protecting her toeses

h3hem3vu4asp.jpeg

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    tynic your dogs

your dooooooogs

e5394b3e-4f5d-448b-924a-f28613651570.jpg

Baron Fluffbucket and Countess Clawdia having a snooze.

dea65465-11c0-490a-a373-59f86b4039ce.jpg

Look at this face!

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    How're my grey friends doing lately?
    Atrus had 5 teef out in June.

He's doing fine* now though.

He's looking too thin (even for a grey) so we've swapped his food to something a bit more grainey. He's also started on arthritis supplements. He'll be 11 this september.

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Poor fella :(

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Something with a higher fat content by weight might help him chunk up a bit. Grains are typically just filler in dog food, no? I thought they pretty much just go straight through and get shat out unprocessed? Or am I completely wrong on that?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Nah they can eat them just like we can.

IIRC: Grains in particular will bulk up dogs, dietary fat is kind of garbo for putting on weight. You want those sexy carbs baby. High protein is also good, but hard on the kidneys and their bodies as a whole.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    So we had been giving him grian free his whole life, because that is what the world decided was good for dogs for a while, but at his last checkup I mentioned he seemed a bit thin, even for a grey, and the doctor was like "greyhounds don't need grain free food, they need grains." So. Y'know. Whoops.

We got him new food and even the cat was trying to eat out of his bowl at the same time, so I guess it's good.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Also, WRT grain-free dog food, there have been some concerns from vets and the FDA.

https://www.aspca.org/news/grain-free-pet-food-helpful-or-harmful-diet
    What’s the Cause for Concern?

Over the past couple of years, veterinary cardiologists noticed an increase in the number of dogs they saw who had dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), a heart condition that decreases the heart’s ability to pump blood. There are some dog breeds that are more likely to develop DCM, but the cardiologists were diagnosing the condition in breeds without a known genetic predisposition, so the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) began an investigation.

What Did the FDA Find?

The FDA received 515 reports of DCM in dogs between January 1, 2014, and April 30, 2019. When they looked into what these dogs were eating, they found that 90% were on a grain-free food and 93% were on diets that contained peas and/or lentils. The foods were tested for minerals, metals and amino acids and no significant abnormalities were found.

What Does This All Mean?

A relationship between grain-free diets and the development of DCM hasn’t been fully proven. However, there are numerous reports of dogs with DCM whose condition improved or completely resolved after they were taken off a BEG diet and started on a special amino acid supplementation (Taurine). The short answer is, we still don’t know why this is happening, but it appears that DCM is more likely to occur in dogs who are only eating BEG diets.

Still a lot of unknowns, but we switched off grain-free at our vet's advice.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah at our last vet checkup for the dogs we were told in no uncertain terms to stop using grain free food and avoid all the boutique brands, if at all possible, because apparently Tufts has found an association with boutique foods in general and heart murmurs in dogs. Stick to Iams, Purina, and Science Diet, is the advice we were given, since those haven't been associated with any pathologies by Tufts or NC State.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The "grain free" ones that toss in things like potatoes instead of corn are the good ones I think.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yeah at our last vet checkup for the dogs we were told in no uncertain terms to stop using grain free food and avoid all the boutique brands, if at all possible, because apparently Tufts has found an association with boutique foods in general and heart murmurs in dogs. Stick to Iams, Purina, and Science Diet, is the advice we were given, since those haven't been associated with any pathologies by Tufts or NC State.

hills science diet is what my vet has always recommended, and scout and tres love it

it's the only brand scout hasn't gotten bored of

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    @Elbasunu that's an odd looking deer you got there

Ziggy, Stardust, and Phoenix all want my coffee

sVGx2NA.jpg?1

And enjoy playing a little king of the scratching post

XrbDYGn.jpg?1

Janice, meanwhile, is a perfect little lady with out of control ear tufts

Fla9kup.jpg?1

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Aww yisss bumblepaws