As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Slow down this is an [Animal Crossing] thread

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    [snip]

Eventide is buying turnips at 636 bells for the next 8.5 hours

I'm just gonna... leave this open a while

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    @Wyborn Is it OK if I share this with a non-board friend who is trying to unload their turnips?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Wyborn Is it OK if I share this with a non-board friend who is trying to unload their turnips?

Sure thing, just give 'em the exchange link, it's no problem at all

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Thanks!

• Options
    If anyone wants the code without needing to wait in a queue, send me a PM

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    https://turnip.exchange/island/09e0d5f7

Eventide is buying turnips at 636 bells for the next 8.5 hours

I'm just gonna... leave this open a while

Aw, being responsible with a queue and all means we don't get to see the absolute bedlam that is an island essentially locked in time

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think I got my weather seed! I feel like it rained more days in a row than this seed indicates.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Thanks @Wyborn! In the cue - how does a few trips work with the cue? is that allowed?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Thanks @Wyborn! In the cue - how does a few trips work with the cue? is that allowed?

The courteous thing with multiple trips is to leave the queue each time you finish and leave and rejoin the queue for the next trip.

• Options
    That might be the norm, but in my queue @mxmarks You can come and go as you like, no worries

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Thanks @Wyborn !

I was Otter.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Thanks so much @Wyborn! Beautiful island!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Glad to have been of help!

The queue is emptied now and I've closed public access to it, so if anyone else wants to join for the next bit, the code for Eventide is [NOW CLOSED]

Still buying turnips for 636 bells

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I’m scheduled to have some sort of spike tomorrow afternoon but everyone has already sold their turnips, including me.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    ooookay... why can't I bring any of my villagers to Reese and Cyrus's stuff?

the villager tab only has me

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

The other villagers will unlock in about seven days of photographing :D

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »

The other villagers will unlock in about seven days of photographing :D

aaaah okay! thanks SilverWind! it felt kind of... awkward when Reese was talking about wanting all the guests in here and then you go to the villager tab and it's.... no one

"Right... uh... guests... yeeeeeah... uh..."

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay. I don't like this Boomer penguin. Time to use my Eugene amiibo card. I summon you, smug koala CIA/blues brother!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Sydney the Koala moved onto our island today. She is very cute and nice.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    If anyone was wondering, you CAN get duplicate real art.

I'm still grinding that Redd day I got on Monday. The collector in me really wants every bit of art twice and every fake once. But I think I have to stop this soon, it's boring.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I'm thinking of running one long touch and drop project as follows:

Going alphabetically, collecting every variation for 5-10 items every day and requesting everyone's assistance to fill in any gaps
    Hosting every variation of an item (or few items, if there aren't too many variants) every day, followed by a weekend where all the items of that week are available for touch and drop (before returned to their owners/sold)

1) Are y'all interested in joining this project? :) It would require everyone's contributions to succeed, I think
    2) Should it cover only housewares (large furniture) at first, or housewares, miscellaneous, and wall-mounted all together? I think I'd have to refrain from the clothes at first because that's a whole other huge area.
    3) Should it include un-purchasable items (such as bug models or paintings?)

signature.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Celeste is here as well as Saharah,haven't seen any meteors but Saharah has the mangrove wall and swamp flooring. Just opened for friends.

• Options
    I think I've finally got my weather seed, based on its ability to predict intermittent meteor showers down more-or-less to the second. I feel confident, now; this is the one.

Will this matter, long-term? Probably not! But I know when to take rainbow pictures, and I also know my next heavy meteor shower is in December

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What is the weather seed and how does one get it

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I can not roll a perfect snowman. So close he says, but my head doesnt quite fit my body. I hate snowboy so much.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What is the weather seed and how does one get it

Okay. So start here. https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather

Basically you need several days in a row of feeding it your weather type per hour. You don't need the whole day, just like three or four hours, enough for it to know the specific weather pattern that day. Once you get enough days down, it can narrow your weather seed to the exact one. Once you have that, it will forecast your island's weather out to the hour for the next 100 years.

• Options
    I found that I could not reliably tell cloudy weather from sunny weather, so it was always best for me to put "Unsure (No Rain/Snow)" in those scenarios

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I found that I could not reliably tell cloudy weather from sunny weather, so it was always best for me to put "Unsure (No Rain/Snow)" in those scenarios

I just used the pictures the guy put on the webpage up top. They accurately show the difference between the two. I just held my switch up to my monitor and got it.

• Options
    I wasn't very good at that

It would have taken me a long time to get it if I hadn't used my screenshot tool to mark the to-the-minute timings of shooting stars on nights with light meteor showers

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    So last week I went with the idea of making a bank vault for my Experimenting Room, but the HHA hated the money bags on the floor. SO, I'm trying a new theme which I'm pretty sure I stole straight from ...SOMEONE in these threads, so I apologize for that. BUT it does look pretty dang snazy.
    bak2ghelxr90.jpg

But I think I need a better outfit. Does anyone have any ideas for something to complete the theme? And by ideas I mean "can they send me some clothes to wear"?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Alright, through the course of next week I hope to have the following for touch and drop:

Accessories Stand
    ACNH Nintendo Switch
    Air Circulator
    Air Conditioner
    Alto Saxophone
    Aluminum Briefcase
    Amp
    Analog Kitchen Scale
    Anatomical Model
    Ant Farm
    Anthurium Plant
    Antique Bed
    Antique Bureau
    Antique Chair
    Antique Clock
    Antique Console Table
    Antique Mini Table
    Antique Phone
    Antique Table
    Antique Vanity
    Antique Wardrobe

These are the items I still need of the above--your contributions are appreciated, and please let me know if you want any of them returned at the end of the T&D :D

https://nookazon.com/profile/2361358550/wishlist/686129114

These non-orderables I'll have one version available for people to customize if they wish (bring your own customizing kits)
    Acoustic Guitar
    Anchor Statue
    Angled Signpost

Slight modification to my original plans--I think I'll display full sets throughout the week as I can build them, culminating in a weekend day of all of them if I can

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Afternoon, everyone! Thanks to a lot of generosity and some 1:1 trades on Nookazon I'm down to needing the following analog scale colours for the first ever alphabetical T&D event-- https://nookazon.com/profile/2361358550/wishlist/686129114

Please let me know if you have any of those colours! Would be happy to offer up anything else I have in return. :D

edit: Everything's in my catalog! Just gotta order some things in and I'll be ready to host *~*

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    walked into Deli's house to return a lost item and apparently he is inviting villagers over to check out his fake mona lisa i gave him for his birthday

I don't have the heart to tell him

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I opened up, it’s Sydney’s birthday today(house with the balloons far left).

• Options
    I cheated. Was it worth it?

4C7TNNE.jpg

Hell yes it was worth it.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    If Redd comes by again, do let us know! :lol:

signature.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    normally i wouldnt time travel at all but the way redd is set up means I have zero chance of completing the art in this lifetime so I am all in when he shows up again

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I left about 10 or so spaces, to give myself a reason to look forward to seeing him when he does show up.

ZD98Zka.png